SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

Hi!

I wanted to ask some questions about the setup I want to buy.

1.Innovative LM1 or LC1

2.EMU

3.GTR harness ? Or plug and play ?

4.A/F harness or pressure sensor for Innovative ?

I got hcr32 rb20det wired in my x-carby a31 car. I want to be able to do road tuning on my own. So I want a wideband to work with EMU and emu to act as a datalogger as well. So when I do some road tuning I get all the needed parameters datalogged by EMU and then make adjustments to the maps. Can it be done ?

Thanks!

Edited by robots

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes that what u need. The innovative 02 is what im running in my seris 1.5 skyline. The gtr harness will have to be modified to make it a gtst harness the wires that need to be cut are on the first pages of this thread. can get both the presure sensor and the a/f harness so u get correct boost pressure and the a/f with be on the emange data logger screen. And it can be done road tunning just make sure you have enough points on ur licences to do it lol :-)

ive heard conflicting opinions on the innovative wideband's. something about them needing recalibration every day, and that the plx wideband's were the way to go. they even come with a little gauge.

the e-01 doesnt work with the ultimate. according to URAS, greddy are releasing something similar for the e-01 sometime into the future for the ultimate.

Edited by SECURITY

ive heard conflicting opinions on the innovative wideband's. something about them needing recalibration every day, and that the plx wideband's were the way to go. they even come with a little gauge.

the e-01 doesnt work with the ultimate. according to URAS, greddy are releasing something similar for the e-01 sometime into the future for the ultimate.

had no issues with my LM-1 from innovate. had it for 3-4 years..... sensors last pretty well, about the same as any other and are available anywhere ($90-120) as the are just a bosch.... PLX and Innovate use the same sensor :D part number 0258007057

LM1_Kit_3.jpg

Heya Torentski,

I don't have an ingriss manual on me only the jap one therefore I have a silly question :D

Can I run low impediance GTR injectors on my R32 RB20DET engine with the ultimate "without" the use of a resistor pack?

I was thinking (dangerous I know) of selling my denso 550cc high impediance ones and getting some Blitz GTR injectors and it would be handy not to have to wire in the resistor pack.

cheers

-Jez

Heya Torentski,

I don't have an ingriss manual on me only the jap one therefore I have a silly question :D

Can I run low impediance GTR injectors on my R32 RB20DET engine with the ultimate "without" the use of a resistor pack?

I was thinking (dangerous I know) of selling my denso 550cc high impediance ones and getting some Blitz GTR injectors and it would be handy not to have to wire in the resistor pack.

cheers

-Jez

Nah you need to stick with the factory impedance, or wire in the resistor pack :domokun: easy if you have a plug and play loom ;)

With some feedback from http://www.emanageforums.com/ I found the source of my ignition timing problem (ie EMU reading constant 111.0deg in data logging). The problem is the cam and crank signal wires in the Install Manual and the plug and play loom are the wrong way around. Apparently there is an updated install manual which makes note of this but i'm yet to find it.

Unfortunately for me it didn't fix my car idling/running rough but it's progress :)

With this change I repeated troubleshooting including changing RPM Signal and reinstalling EMU software/firmware but no change. I have the injector adapator for 6 cylinders on it's way so will see if this helps.

Wegs

With some feedback from http://www.emanageforums.com/ I found the source of my ignition timing problem (ie EMU reading constant 111.0deg in data logging). The problem is the cam and crank signal wires in the Install Manual and the plug and play loom are the wrong way around. Apparently there is an updated install manual which makes note of this but i'm yet to find it.

Unfortunately for me it didn't fix my car idling/running rough but it's progress :worship:

With this change I repeated troubleshooting including changing RPM Signal and reinstalling EMU software/firmware but no change. I have the injector adapator for 6 cylinders on it's way so will see if this helps.

Wegs

sorry i thought i posted this up somewhere?? bugger as the JDM plug and play looms for series two S14 do the same thing unless swapped around to the differrent (aus spec) wiring.... much like s15 PFC pin swap.

as far as running rough have you taken the lag time out of the inj settings yet?

Trent

How much lag should we be taking out

just go .1ms at a time till it stops idling rich ???

delete lag times in the before and after, so it shows nothing.

I have noticed that the input and output voltages for the afm are different. The emanage outputs slightly more voltage than is coming in....

At idle there is about 0.03 to 0.08 more volts. I think if the voltage is different, and im running standard injectors and afm, that its going to cause problems with the standard ecu trying to compensate fuel and timing?

Should the afm map be adjusted in its entirety to reduce the voltage back until the input and output match at idle?