SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

Hi TRENT, i came and saw you on the weekend (drift Australia R2 Mallala) and you gave me an in depth look @ Cats E-Manage

so much so you got the laptop out and showed me how easy it was to tune and what not well i hope you remeber me.

thanks for spending time and knowledge showing me info

im wondering when you upgrade how much would you blue unit go for

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi TRENT, i came and saw you on the weekend (drift Australia R2 Mallala) and you gave me an in depth look @ Cats E-Manage

so much so you got the laptop out and showed me how easy it was to tune and what not well i hope you remeber me.

thanks for spending time and knowledge showing me info

im wondering when you upgrade how much would you blue unit go for

yeah i remmember, we are using the ultimate in CATS race car and the blue in our street car. we are upgrading the emanage blue in the street car soon but i think cat has some one interested in it as it is a plug and play kit for S13.

any idea on the tune-ability of the emanage?

obviously you can tune it fine but i've heard other tuners have problems with it. is this true?

Honestly if a tuner cant tune emanage they must be either retarded or plain stupid.

The emanage is by far the easiest ecu to tune i have encountered to date.

Edited by URAS

I'm also looking at the Ultimate as an ECU for my car, I sent you a message, you havent replied yet...

Will URAS in Adelaide tune this at a fair price for us?

sorry i did not see it, my bad. send it through again and i will give you all the info. I only import it aswell as all the other gear (blitz/apexi/trust) but i can lead you in the right direction.

yeah i remmember, we are using the ultimate in CATS race car and the blue in our street car. we are upgrading the emanage blue in the street car soon but i think cat has some one interested in it as it is a plug and play kit for S13.

ah ok thanks Trent

thanks brother, ill resend it. emanage ultimate looks like a great package im looking forward to sticking this beast in the car and running a laptop inside.

Pauly get a 7" LCD screen and a carputer and can adjust asettings whenever you want :whistling:

There has been good and bad reports about the emanage in the past, Some people have ignition timing irregularities others fuel problems. Ive tunned heaps of these lattely from NA pulsars to GTR's and never had a problem. They are very simple to use and install.

Like Trent said if you cant tune one of these then you really mustn't be very good at what you do!

Im currently fitting one to a mild tune R32, will be running GTR injectors etc and the owner had the same concern as others have about the tunning of the emanage. I took them for a ride in another R32 with one fitted and they laid a deposit and left the car with me instantly.

If your on a budget and cant get the Power FC then id go straight for the emanage without question.

Something else that would be good to add to this thread would be some simple wiring diagrams for the injector and ignition looms I know they can be plug and play now but I still get alot of people buying them 2nd hand and having trouble wiring them up and determining what should be spliced and what should be hard wired. Ive had a few that have been self installed and Ive still had to spend time fixing the installation.

I dont mind helping out with the FAQ if you like Uras.

Edited by Risking

I think the problems people had/have are probably more to do with the installation and wiring that the tune. Ive seen some pretty inventive ways of wiring up the emanage as of late specially the ignition looms.

Up untill the Power FC became scarce I rarely used the thing because I was using Power FC's left right and center. Have Dataloggit and knew it inside out.

I was given a pulsar to tune with an emanage fitted and a crap tune. Spent some time with it and began to like it. Since then Ive used them in heaps of applications and find as long as you wire it up right or use a plug in they give great results.

I know alot of places are using them now and since tunners are looking for replacements for the FC id like to see a stand alone version of the emanage released.

The software is simple and easy to use, its fast and easy really. If you can use dataloggit there is no reason why you would not be able to become very confident with the emanage.

When you have to decide on an ECU other than the Power FC The emanage is one id consider.

Really you would have to compare it to the HKS FCON-s I supose. With only two workshops around who can tune them its a pretty silly idea to purchase one. The emanage software and cable is cheap and easy to get. A few hours with it and your familiar with what it can and cant do. Obviously the blue is limited to its injector capabilities but the ultimate is much better.

Edited by Risking

It's kind of funny to hear you guys say it's easy because up until now experienced people haven't been willing to touch it and the inexperienced have just not been able to get it to work.

maybe it does not line their pockets as much as the stuff they are willing to push? this is so often the case. if these guys were as experienced as they make out they should be able to tune emanage with their eyes closed.

maybe it does not line their pockets as much as the stuff they are willing to push? this is so often the case. if these guys were as experienced as they make out they should be able to tune emanage with their eyes closed.

I really don't believe this is the case. Its more so to do with the problems the old emanage had resulting in tuners steering clear of anything with emanage in its name.

A tuner that doesn't have all that much work on will no doubt take up the offer to tune the better emanage ultimate; one that is always flat stick can pick and choose their work.

With the powerfc out of the picture I have no doubt the after taste from the old emanage will be forgotten as the ultimate is an awesome bang for buck piggy back.

excuse my ignorance, but im a little confused. this is a piggy back unit right. and i think i saw someone say that it is plug in for r32 gtst if you use the gtr plug in harness and cut a few wires is this correct? if so, how/what do i plug it into? if the standard ecu is plugged in then what does this plug into?

im seriously interested in one of these, just concerned ill purchase one and my tuner wont get the most out of it.

oh, and what wires on the harness do i need to cut?

Edited by vitz_n1

excuse my ignorance, but im a little confused. this is a piggy back unit right. and i think i saw someone say that it is plug in for r32 gtst if you use the gtr plug in harness and cut a few wires is this correct? if so, how/what do i plug it into? if the standard ecu is plugged in then what does this plug into?

im seriously interested in one of these, just concerned ill purchase one and my tuner wont get the most out of it.

oh, and what wires on the harness do i need to cut?

There are a few threads about this. It getting rather boring. Here are some facts!

1. 2 Types : Blue (Basic) and Ultimate (advanced)

2. Piggyback - Universal unit.

3. You require the std. harness (usually sold sep)

4. Injector Harness Avaliable (sold sep)

5. Ignition Harness Avaliable (sold sep)

6. Sofware and tools (sold sep) - not a big deal as the PFC tools are also!

5. Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness for greater adjustment (sold sep) * Ultimate only I think

6. A whole bunch of other senders sold seperately also as u require. * Ultimate only I think

7. If you have an in-car computer maps can be displayed in real time. * Ultimate only I think

8. I have seen, but never used "plug and play" looms. Not hard real as all they do it ensure u dont need to splice however splicing isn't all that hard. I can tell u you have to splice a lot of cables and it does take a while...and a while to remove and restore the cables if you then go and install a PFC as I did. Link to a aftermarket harness links I googled : http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=130999.

Manual for the Ultimate version. Similar for the Blue version - See Page 27

http://207.245.32.243/downloads/installs/emau_inst.pdf

You add up the package from Nengun:

Ultimate Unit : $540 + ph

Complete Harness : $105 + ph

total for the until read for ur tuner = ~$650. - good price btw!

Installation. If some1 does it, few hours work. Prob $150-200.

Tuning cost...as with all others really.

Note : Software - Not sure if its included some packagaes do and some dont. $100 from Nengun.

I tuned the Blue version to ~287 rwkw a while back which I quoted before. But since then it appears the reading was high and dyno was re-cal'd. as questioned by a few people. Its more like 265 rwkw when i re-tuned with the PFC...

I tuned the Blue version to ~287 rwkw a while back which I quoted before. But since then it appears the reading was high and dyno was re-cal'd. as questioned by a few people. Its more like 265 rwkw when i re-tuned with the PFC...

On that note GIZZMO electronics were developing a stand alone ECU (to compliment haltech and MOTEC) and compared the following on their dynapac as part of the research:

HALTECH

POWERFC

emanage ultimate

All made the same power or within 1rwkw so it is never a case of whether or not the EMU is capable. These results were the first few shreds of evidence that initially sparked my interest in the product. Mt tuning has shifted from 95% PFC to about 50% PFC 40% EMU and 10% various.

Ray from GIZZMO is a tuning genius and is responsible for many record cars including Ronnie Lims 501@wkw 9.88 @ 236kph (147mph) integra. So the tuner is not a variable

ronnie_lg.jpg