SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

OK heres where Im at.

DID have 660 CC injectors from USA but they were absolute crud!!. ;) So sending them back.

Decided to tune with stock injectors as I still want bigger injectors but cant afford the good ones (nismo) right now, and dont want to fork out for fuel pressure reg if im not going to need it in the future.

So, ran with the A/F target map and copied the figures out of the booklet that came with it. Bypassed the boost controller so the wastgate actuator runs straight from the manifold. I have a GT30 BTW so didnt want too much boost. Gets 7psi by 3500 and up to 10 by 5000 to the redline.

Did about 6 runs with the logger running and the emanage did a beautiful job of pulling the fuel out to achieve the target AFR's. :D

But now I have had a look at all of the dyno run posts and it looks like everyone is running 11.5 to 12.0 AFR's all the way through.

So im thinking, Im going to plug in 12.0 all over the relevant areas of the AF target map to achieve this.

Made a noticeable difference having the AFR's cleaned up to this point. It did have between 9.8 and 10.2 all the way through originally.

Next step is going to be to fix the 2 big ignition timing dips that I have. I have found that EVERY data log has the EXACT same ignition dips, so shouldnt be too hard to work on.

Heres a pic of my log for a power run that I have just done.

4000 RPM to 6700 RPM.

HMMM have to read up on how to post up a pic and then put it in.

emanage_ultimate.doc

Edited by courier33

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But now I have had a look at all of the dyno run posts and it looks like everyone is running 11.5 to 12.0 AFR's all the way through.

So im thinking, Im going to plug in 12.0 all over the relevant areas of the AF target map to achieve this.

Made a noticeable difference having the AFR's cleaned up to this point. It did have between 9.8 and 10.2 all the way through originally.

NOOOO those dyno sheets are from lazy as f**k tuners doing doughy ass tunes.... as it builds boost and load then feed in the fuel do not run any where near 11's or 12's at atomspheric pressure and close to it, think na tune till it starts to come on then build it up to your 11.8 or 12.0 whichever your end AF is up to you.... cats 26 sat at 12.2 all this year with no issues.

^ you know if you have the ign map up above the datalog and click on the dips the cells which correspond to that point on the datalogit actually light up.... so it should take only a few mins to sort out ;)

make note of your peak timing and its map position then as you go down the dip find the differrence in degrees between the peak and then input the differrence between the logged timing and the target timing you want in the map. nice and simple.

i will quickly add some notes to your attachment. the map below is only an example.

post-34927-1197033475_thumb.jpg

Hey I just found that out. Im starting to really like this emanage now that im figuring out how to work it.

Im sitting here with both maps open wondering what the red squares on the maps are ;)

And then it hit me!

F.Y.I.

post-19808-1197033421_thumb.jpg

post-19808-1197034159_thumb.jpg

Edited by courier33

hey trent

just put in my 550 inj but no start any ideas. changed all the settings in the emu

gimme your setup and i will quickly fire something together here for you to upload ;) oh yeah bang me your email.

Ah HA!! Uploaded.

one other thing to note if you have tuned in the airflow meter map you will have changed your timing. The rule is adding fuel decreases timing and decreasing fuel increases timing.... tune as best you can in the inj map and then use rpm vs tps to fine tune tha afm map.

i always leave timing till last, ie take 5 degrees out at the start and then put it to zero once the fuel is right then make sure it is not pinking (pinging if your illiterate ;) ) then do the above datalog hoo-ha

Your a Champ Trent.

Im pretty sure I understand that bit. ^^

I havent touched the airflow meter map. I selected VG30DETT afm for the Q45 im running and its doing a good job.

So as far as AFM map, 0's everywhere.

OK just read it again and now i think I got ya. Pull 5 degrees out for safety measure in the power areas of the map. ie. bottom r/h half.

Tune the fuel up to whatever A/F Im after.

Then, move the timing back to 0, which is the stock wavy curve timing. + check for pipngin when I do it.

I have only had one very small ping spike on every data log ive done so far.

Im not sure what your talking about with the rpm Vs tps to fine tune the afm map. I figure when I can afford injectors and tune it for them, then ill be able to afford to get the fine tune bit done by someone other than myself.

Hey UCD15R33 I had the 5 cylinder thing going on with mine. Tried 2 sets of the same brand injectors and same results.

I took it for a spin up my road and didnt get far because within 100m i know for sure I had 5 cylinders going.

Tries changing the response times around heaps and no fix. Seemed like @ idle 5 cyl. Under power 6 cyl. Cruise @ 100 5 cyl.

What brand injectors are you using?

When I put the standard ones back in it was fixed. BTW the quality of the injectors was substandard so im putting it down to them.

Edited by courier33

I have only had one very small ping spike on every data log ive done so far.

Cool remmeber with these any spike is ACTUAL knock so just keep an eye on it.

Im not sure what your talking about with the rpm Vs tps to fine tune the afm map. I figure when I can afford injectors and tune it for them, then ill be able to afford to get the fine tune bit done by someone other than myself.

maybe my shop will be opened by then ;) you can run in my new dyno :D

oh as for the afm map change the scale to throttle position instead of afm volts this way it only give full throttle enrichment or cruise adjustment... makes for a nice smooth map as all maps work on top of each other.. ie in some rare cases where i cant stop a flat spot i will use INJ map 2 and change the scale to cover the problem spot (lets say 3500rpm as an example) i will change the rpm scale across the top to start at 3000rpm and end at 4000rpm this then gives me crazy fine tuning as the map will be 16x16 and the rpm will increase from 3000 to 4000 in 50rpm and 100rpm increments.... this whole map adjustment works together with the other INJ map.

maybe my shop will be opened by then you can run in my new dyno

Get it happening and Id be happy to run it in, or out. ;)

Cool remmeber with these any spike is ACTUAL knock so just keep an eye on it.

As far as that goes, I think you mentioned that in a previous post so Im wary of this already.

Either

A. you have done heaps of these tunes and have got it figured out

OR

B. you know how to read Japanese and read the other half of the instruction book

a) mostly self taught but i must admit i do a minimum of 3 a week.