SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

How long does it normally take to tune one of these on a relatively stock car from start to finish?

And also time for a car with turbo + injector modifications (which seems to be what people are interested in)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30mins on a relative stocky to 1.5hrs on a modded example depending on mods.

times are based on comprehensive tune including cruise etc not just the power curve.

Edited by URAS

I think I read somewhere that the EMU can also remove speed limit cut, boost cut and whatever other fun cut Nissan built into the stock ecu, is this correct and easy to setup? This would be good, eliminating the need for 5 different tiny computers to overcome each issue.

All made the same power or within 1rwkw so it is never a case of whether or not the EMU is capable. These results were the first few shreds of evidence that initially sparked my interest in the product. Mt tuning has shifted from 95% PFC to about 50% PFC 40% EMU and 10% various.

Ill second that. My tunning has varried greatly as well lattely. Used to do Power FC after Power FC. Tunned a blue in an R32 today and the difference is fairly great between the two. The slight lack of fine injector control does make a difference with the blue model but still a good thing.

its prob stated somewhere and missed it so sorry if i have but pretty much what use are saying is if i had both the pfc and EMU they would produce pretty much the same performance and overall tune? by sounds of it can handle bigger turbo/injectors which i thought it couldnt..

iv been looking for 2nd hand pfc and didnt think about these due to didnt know anything but this thread is changing my mind..

has anyone had one tuned at mercury motorsport? as thats where id get it done

thanks for a great thread to open some eyes and get rid of the doubt !!

its prob stated somewhere and missed it so sorry if i have but pretty much what use are saying is if i had both the pfc and EMU they would produce pretty much the same performance and overall tune?

100% correct in fact i am actually doing a back to back test atm with cats car. D-Jetro pfc versus the Ultimate mafless. results 2mororo night i hope..

This ecu sounds like it shall be very popular soon with the pfc gone, trent would you know when/if they will be producing a harness for GT-T?

unfortunately never as there is not enough demand in japan. The R34 GTT plug is unique. Wire in for GTT only.... it aint hard i did a GT to GTT conversion for a autobarn customer not long ago and it was a piece of piss.

NOTE: WGNC34, GTT and series 2 R33 need jumper 8 set to 12v not 5v as they have internal ignitors. GTT also needs ignition adapter 15921500

Edited by URAS

trent are you sure they need to be set to 12v it wont fry the igniters or anything will it ??

Mines set on 5v

it has a missfire at idle

could this be why

Ill bloody well change it right now if you say so

that would be jumper 8 set to 2-3 not 1-2

correct ?

correct, but do you have the adapter installed internally also?

Trent I was thinking what would really be helpfull

well from noobs point of view is step by step parameter setting for different model skylines

Stuff like the knock sensor etc kinda threw me and still have me scratching my head as to what they should be set to

Hi Trent,

The voltage measured at the coils is 5v for GTT - when setting it at 12v, why wont this fry the coils?

My car completed installation and tuned with ultimate this week and in the process 3 coils were burnt on the top part just below the connectors - with the setting at 5v. Saw your advice too late and only this morning got my tuner to change and he is apprehensive abt setting to 12v so wud like to know the reasoning behind the change to 12v.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by docang

Hi Trent,

The voltage measured at the coils is 5v for GTT - when setting it at 12v, why wont this fry the coils?

My car completed installation and tuned with ultimate this week and in the process 3 coils were burnt on the top part just below the connectors - with the setting at 5v. Saw your advice too late and only this morning got my tuner to change and he is apprehensive abt setting to 12v so wud like to know the reasoning behind the change to 12v.

Thanks in advance!

does it have the adapter fitted inside the emanage? part number 1521500. i have done about 6 personally and never burnt coils. if you dont fit the adpater it wll burn coils in a matter of 20-30mins.

Edited by URAS

I tried to take a pic last night of the adapter installed (the one Trent is talking about)

but my ghetto phone camera sucks on close ups

also changed the jumper on #8 to the 12v system

ill reinstall again today and see if my missfire is gone

i hope it is

*cross fingers

Edited by Haines

Adapter was fitted(but need to check if is 1521500) and in addition my tuner also put in resistors for the coils. Originally splitfire coils were on and when tuned initially 3 were burnt and suspect the silicon covers on them were not so tough.

Still on 5v setting coils were changed to stock ones and these have not yet succumbed to heat. All the while intermittent misfirings at idle and low-mid end. So this morning change to 12v and after that no issues with misfiring yet. Wl go drive and monitor this aftern.

Pls adv the mechanics for setting the jumper to 12v when the coils are rated at 5v.

Thanks!

Edited by docang