SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

Hi Uras,

I'm following this tread with great interest. Hoping to have a chance to learn the software/tuning compare to HKS Fcon SZ or Is which require Selected HKS writers workshop only. I drive a GTT and planning to upgrade turbo & injectors soon.

Any chance of using the FCD/Speed cut function without doing dyno / road tune? Does it plug-in and has default setting for the fueling & timing like the PFC? Currently few workshop who install/sells EMU has somehow experienced burn coils or blown engine, so im am hoping you could shed some light on whats causing them whether it wrong parts install, wiring, setup programing? At least i have some knowledgeable answer if we do hit a wall during installation/tune.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Uras,

I'm following this tread with great interest. Hoping to have a chance to learn the software/tuning compare to HKS Fcon SZ or Is which require Selected HKS writers workshop only. I drive a GTT and planning to upgrade turbo & injectors soon.

Any chance of using the FCD/Speed cut function without doing dyno / road tune? Does it plug-in and has default setting for the fueling & timing like the PFC? Currently few workshop who install/sells EMU has somehow experienced burn coils or blown engine, so im am hoping you could shed some light on whats causing them whether it wrong parts install, wiring, setup programing? At least i have some knowledgeable answer if we do hit a wall during installation/tune.

Workshops who burn coils do not follow instructions unfortunately.

The EMU when first fitted does NOT alter any engine parameters until programmed so you can confidently fit it at home and drive to wherever needs to tune it without fear of engine damage.

sydney is ass for lots of things unfortunately, if i had a dollar for ever time some-one offerred me a tuning job (emanages/pfc) there i would be laughing.

There are some very good emanage tuners there though like Jim @ CRD.

what about somewhere where i wouldnt be paying through the ass? :P

does anyone know what jumper have to be changed to run it on a series 1.5 r33? it has the series 2 motor so i know i will have to change jumper 8 to 12v, but is there anything else that has to be changed? the main ones i need help with are:

10 (which is the second afm input). it is default set to gtr setting. the other setting is vtec out. do i leave it as gtr or set it to open?

17 (which is frequency output / vtm output). do leave it as karman output?

everything else i m fine with. i just want to get a second opinion on these before i plug it all in.

Workshops who burn coils do not follow instructions unfortunately.

The EMU when first fitted does NOT alter any engine parameters until programmed so you can confidently fit it at home and drive to wherever needs to tune it without fear of engine damage.

Thxs Uras, you probably rite about inexperienced tuners. Going to do more checking on the software & setup manual. Appreciate your assistance to guide us on EMU, this tread will get frequent visits for those looking for PFC alternative. Cheers!

does anyone know what jumper have to be changed to run it on a series 1.5 r33? it has the series 2 motor so i know i will have to change jumper 8 to 12v, but is there anything else that has to be changed? the main ones i need help with are:

10 (which is the second afm input). it is default set to gtr setting. the other setting is vtec out. do i leave it as gtr or set it to open?

17 (which is frequency output / vtm output). do leave it as karman output?

everything else i m fine with. i just want to get a second opinion on these before i plug it all in.

Leave the rest of the jumpers in the STD positions, see manual for factory jumper settings.

how do i get to the data sampling? i don't have that icon on my screen? all i have is a data logging, but no the one that shows the maps. it is just the one that graphs it.

hey

mad082 was installing one of these today and he set the jumpering for an s2 r33. The car started up and idled fine for a while, then was misfiring pretty bad and wouldnt turn back on. He took the emanage off and it still wouldnt start up.

He was saying theres no spark in any of the coils. Does it sound like the coils might of died and if so why would it kill them if he had the jumpering correct ?? the car is a r33 s1.5.

oh yeah he also told me to say he hadnt changed any of the important tuning type stuff, he was just playing with the rev limiter setting.. he claims :(

if anyones got any ideas let us know please

how do i get to the data sampling? i don't have that icon on my screen? all i have is a data logging, but no the one that shows the maps. it is just the one that graphs it.

you have the old software version

download this: http://www.trust-power.com/03electric/Ulti..._Vmanage103.exe

hey

mad082 was installing one of these today and he set the jumpering for an s2 r33. The car started up and idled fine for a while, then was misfiring pretty bad and wouldnt turn back on. He took the emanage off and it still wouldnt start up.

He was saying theres no spark in any of the coils. Does it sound like the coils might of died and if so why would it kill them if he had the jumpering correct ?? the car is a r33 s1.5.

oh yeah he also told me to say he hadnt changed any of the important tuning type stuff, he was just playing with the rev limiter setting.. he claims :P

if anyones got any ideas let us know please

thanks ;)

internal or external ignitor?

• 3 weeks later...

i am having trouble getting the a/f meter working properly through the greddy. firstly i am not sure which wires i am supposed to hook up. we have an innovate lm1 o2 sensor kit, and it's output plug has three wires (red, white and 1 with no casing). the emanage has 2 wires (white and grey). now i found the greddy wiring diagram for it, but the innovate diagram doesn't say what colours the wires are. it just says what the 3 wires are, but doesn't say what colour each one is.

also i tried just touching the wires together and i did get a reading of sorts, but it was completely different to the reading on the handset. the handset was reading high 14's (was cruising) and the emanage reading started at 12 and then dropped to 8 and wouldn't move. do i have to change something in the innovate software?

also, what nvcs settings are people using? what rpm and load are people having it turn on?

i am having trouble getting the a/f meter working properly through the greddy. firstly i am not sure which wires i am supposed to hook up. we have an innovate lm1 o2 sensor kit, and it's output plug has three wires (red, white and 1 with no casing). the emanage has 2 wires (white and grey). now i found the greddy wiring diagram for it, but the innovate diagram doesn't say what colours the wires are. it just says what the 3 wires are, but doesn't say what colour each one is.

also i tried just touching the wires together and i did get a reading of sorts, but it was completely different to the reading on the handset. the handset was reading high 14's (was cruising) and the emanage reading started at 12 and then dropped to 8 and wouldn't move. do i have to change something in the innovate software?

also, what nvcs settings are people using? what rpm and load are people having it turn on?

You need to set the output signal in innovate logworks to get the readings to line up as no two widebands give out the same signal out of the box.