SAU Community

E-manage Ultimate (emu) 56k Beware (screen Shots)

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i tried to get it to work but i had a bit of a problem with the way it dis-engaged.

i put the settings to 5km v.s, 3500rpm into the start input, (ign. cut automatically went to 3500 too for some reason too), and 50% throttle.

ignition cut actually went to 4000rpm (it always goes 500rpm over what i set it to), went into D, took off and passed 5km/h but ign cut was still on and limited me to 4000rpm.

i tried again and it went into ign cut, i quickly had to punch the accelerator again to get it to pass the rev limit.

does anyone know if thats how its supposed to be?

ok, ive read over what the manual says and it has become a bit clearer for me now.

START option needs to be where you want your launch control rpm to be. this will only activate when the TPS and/or speed parameter has been exceeded.

IGN CUT needs to be what your MAX ignition cut is.

SHIFT UP is the rpm limit when shifting up (not sure if this means flat stick changing on a manual).

Throttle position is the min TPS % that is required to activate the ignition cut.

IGN adjustment is the amount of ignition you want to take away.

# of V.S. Pulse is the speed in which you want the start ignition cut to disable at.

what ive done is:

START: 3500rpm (activates 500rpm over for some reason)

CUT RPM: 7000rpm (as above)

SHIFT UP: N/A

i have ticked the boxes infront of the 2 i changed to engage the -ve timing that is input into "ign adjustment" below.

Throttle position: 60% (throttle needs to exceed 60% for the ign cut to activate)

Ign adjustment: -15

# of VS Pulse: 10 (km/h) (im still playing with this to get it to work properly)

yeah the start has to be the launch control rpm. i should've been a bit clearer earlier.

how does the limiter go at -15?

as for being 500 rpm over, have you done some data logging to see what rpm the ecu is registering when it cuts? it may be that your tacho is out slightly, and that it is also bouncing up to 4000rpm and the needle is staying up there. i know a guy with a 32 and his tacho and rsm are both about 2000rpm out at redline from the pfc. the pfc has the revlimit set to 7500 and both the tacho and rsm show closer to 9000rpm when it hits it.

hello to all

sorry could,nt find the newbie section so i,ll introduce myself on the topic page in question.

my name is bruce and live in the uk, i drive a r33 gtst auto stage 1 tuning with a emanage ultimate,

cat back, down pipe,apexi induction,splitfire coils,greddy fmic, z32 afm, putting out 267hp @ hubs

(safe daily drive set up) we did hit just over 300 but that was at a push.

my question is :- can you connect the profec e01 to the ultimate.

i buy rather inpulsively at times and thought when it said "for the emanage" it was for either

blue or ultimate :)

i,m asking on you forum because URAS (trent) seems to know this product inside out,

and does,nt seem to be covered on any uk forums in such detail & knowledge.

:) bruce :)

hello to all

sorry could,nt find the newbie section so i,ll introduce myself on the topic page in question.

my name is bruce and live in the uk, i drive a r33 gtst auto stage 1 tuning with a emanage ultimate,

cat back, down pipe,apexi induction,splitfire coils,greddy fmic, z32 afm, putting out 267hp @ hubs

(safe daily drive set up) we did hit just over 300 but that was at a push.

my question is :- can you connect the profec e01 to the ultimate.

i buy rather inpulsively at times and thought when it said "for the emanage" it was for either

blue or ultimate :ph34r:

i,m asking on you forum because URAS (trent) seems to know this product inside out,

and does,nt seem to be covered on any uk forums in such detail & knowledge.

:thumbsup: bruce :rolleyes:

hey mate, welcome to the forums.

the e-01 is only for the emanage blue. it wont work with the ultimate. this is why i think Greddy will be releasing something similar for the ultimate. im going to hold on on buying an EBC till they release something.

thanks for your reply secur1ty

unfortunately that was the answer i was expecting,

just can,t see the logic of greddy to have a emange programmer/data display

thats only does the blue. is it hard/software related ???

:rolleyes: bruce

Hi bb-gtst, I am also in the Uk and also have and EMU on my R33 GTR, I also joined as the knowledge on the EMU seems far greater on here than on any UK forums. I have been having issues with with my install and am still trying to resolve them all but I am still not alll the way there yet. Whats your user name in the Uk and which forums do you use?

MidNite

^^ AWW group hug

makes us fell pretty proud Trent is our fearless EMU leader, and we have a good knowledge base here in Australia the home of the convict :P

all said in jest good to have far and abroad with us :D

hi midnite-d

i only use the skylineowners.com forum, same user name.

hope you get your problems sorted, there,s so much info

to be had here, and hoping someone can help with my problem,

but i think i,ve wasted £350 on the profec e01 as it,s not compatible

with the ultimate. (great boost thou)

>_< bruce

bb-gtst, I also use SOC but not as much as I used to since the agro with the changeover, it all seems settled now so am looking at it more. I have a problem with mine where the injectors have a mad spike for a few hundredths of a second, I dont know if anyone has come across that before?

Madaz, no problems mate I am game for a laugh and I don't think you are ALL convicts, lol.

MidNite :(

• 3 weeks later...
15500501AU $ 524.80AU $ 556.92 E-Manage Ultimate

well that was the price i was looking at for it. So would you happen to knwo the Item Code for the map sensor and the sensor adaptor becuase removing the afm would be the way to go i think?

cheer

Where did you find this price?

in general, where is the best place to buy the Ultimate?

has anyone got one through www.mohdparts.com or Nengun? comments??

Also looking for someone to install and tune in QLD (Bris/GoldCoast), any ideas?

cheers

BTW, I've gone back and looked at this thread twice now - some great information, many of my original questions are now answered, but still need info as per questions above. Thanks!!

Thanks guys,

not sure I'm up to installing it myself... have heard a few professional have had problems if they don't know what they are doing (or new to the e-manager).

does anyone know any tuners in Bris / Gold Coast that work with them?

Hi guys I am seriously looking into buying one and I am just looking at other functions of the emanage ultimate. Eg does the harness for a R33 mean that it just plugs into the existing wiring loom or do you still have to splice the wires. Also what about knock sensor from what I have read it appears that the manage ultimate doesn't have a knock sensor or is that an extra option. What other sensors would be reccomended to purchase when getting the emanage ultimate??

Cheers

Chris

Thanks guys,

not sure I'm up to installing it myself... have heard a few professional have had problems if they don't know what they are doing (or new to the e-manager).

does anyone know any tuners in Bris / Gold Coast that work with them?

Hey Pear, I have been talking to Slideing Performance (on the gold coast) and they will do it for $870 with car specific harness and including delivery. I have spoken to Jase at Sliding performance and either PITS on the gold coast or Mercury Motorsport in Windsor can install them.

the harness is a plug and play but since it is a gtr harness a very slight modification needs to be made. it takes all of about 1 minute and is extremely easy.

as far as extras, you could get the map sensor and harness so that you can remove the afm.

Hi guys I am seriously looking into buying one and I am just looking at other functions of the emanage ultimate. Eg does the harness for a R33 mean that it just plugs into the existing wiring loom or do you still have to splice the wires. Also what about knock sensor from what I have read it appears that the manage ultimate doesn't have a knock sensor or is that an extra option. What other sensors would be reccomended to purchase when getting the emanage ultimate??

it does have a knock sensor. you just need to set up the right jumper settings for it inside the actual unit.