SAU Community

Rb26 Pfc Working On Rb20/rb25

Are you interested in a custom modified PFC to suit your RB20 and RB25?  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My 26 FC order has been confirmed and ETA on shipping is 4th April. So things are progessing well.

I will get the 26 FC, modify it along with the loom that is being shipped. Once its all done and I am happy (ill also test no VCT) i will document it and then send the modified loom or give details to the supplier so they work out costs involved. Hopefully then its as simple as me selling looms modified and you can order the FC yourself from wherever you like. That negates some of the risk and ensures you are confident in what you are buying.

More to come soon. 66 people interested in crazy!!!

I will try and source a suitable and direct fit air temp sensor. That would be handy and useful for a lot of people.

Most could fit it next to their intake box or pod filter and use air temp correction, very handy in summer when its hot.

FYI

The airtemp sensor control is only used to retard timing when its hotter.

IE: it wont add in timing when its cooler, so you would tune it cold weather and let the FC auto retard when its hot.

Well at least thats how I understand it works. Standard settings are as follows

50deg Airtemp - Retard 0 deg

60deg Airtemp - Retard 3 deg

70deg Airtemp - Retard 5 deg

But these are based off BNR32/33/34 defaults and the airtemp sensor is after intercooler.

So maybe there are some comprismise figures we can use for "in cold airbox" or "next to pod filter" type of scale.

Unfortunately they are un-editable via the hand controller which is disappoting. So users without datalogit wouldnt be able to edit these, but it would still be active. I could always edit the settings for you (ill need the FC of course) and send it to you etc.

Can you add in fuel when the air is colder and more dense, would be needing more fuel?

No I don't believe you can do this. It appears to only support retarding of IGN based on higher airtemps

I know a guy who can make r32 computers work with r33's re-program them and add a extra board for VCT.

Maybe you can make a external device to turn on VCT ? it wont be hard. its just a trigger at a certain RPM. why cant we make something up ?

My wiring harness has arrived, its pretty snazzy. Not bad delivery time, got full updates from the supplier via email. Product as promised. Looks good.

Now just waiting on the FC and then we can begin. I will modify the loom and the FC to suit rb25 and then test it and make sure its stable etc

I will document all the changes. I will then look at whats needed to make it do the same job on rb20 and document that.

Hopefully, just hopefully it is minimal changes and the loom can do both rb20 and rb25. Then i can send the modified loom to the supplier, they can reproduce and template the loom and we can order away.

I want the product to be plug and play. I DONT want the user hacking their own loom, i dont want the user changing chips etc.

The worst case scenario is you will buy a plain vanilla FC from a supplier and then change some settings.

This would include selecting the specific airflow meter, injector settings and any other misc settings.

This helps as the FC is still a stock 26 FC and can be sold as one (DATA INIT it) and the cars loom etc is still stock

So if you want to change to motec, autronic etc you dont have a crap hack on the loom

More to come soon

How exciting!!!!

Ive got pics of the loom but they are on my phone, ill get them off soon

A quick photo of the loom against the stock ecu. Unsure how it will go inside the stock 32/33 ECU area.

Sorry about the quality, its from phone to phone to PC as Ive got a new phone and no data cable etc.

Image003.jpg

Hi, I need extra and simple explanation.

1- It's suitable for ER34 GTT RB25DET-NEO engine

2- After we buy from you the Power Fc and the wiring loom can we starting drive the car immediately

3- GTR injector not as same impedance an size as rb25 .do we have buy new injector

4- what else we have to modify please

5- engine sensor volte not same as GTR

6- must do dyno test

1- It's suitable for ER34 GTT RB25DET-NEO engine

No it is not suitable for ER34 at this stage

2- After we buy from you the Power Fc and the wiring loom can we starting drive the car immediately

you buy the PFC from any supplier and the loom from me

3- GTR injector not as same impedance an size as rb25 .do we have buy new injector

i am unsure at this stage, i dont believe you need to change them

4- what else we have to modify please

unsure at this stage

5- engine sensor volte not same as GTR

i dont know what you mean

6- must do dyno test

yes of course it has to be dyno tuned