SAU Community

Rb20 Wastegate Actuator Part No.?

• 2 months later...

Thank for your help Chris. I got the Rb20 actuator on. It seems to be holding 0.6bar ~ 8.5-9psi. I might check my gauge against a calibrated one. Definately about 4-5psi above the Rb25 one which will make it easier to get 14-16 psi with the boost controller.

Have you found yours hold more like 9psi?

I took pics of them side by side. Quite easy to identify them now. Did you want the secret kept though :(

Edited by benl1981

Nah, i don't keep secrets (unless if the information is not mine and they won't let me say it). I get plenty of info from here, so I like to give it back.

It really depends on the turbo. From seeing all the threads that say 'my wastegate actuator flap is rattling' with both GCG, precision turbo and slide highflows, there's a reason.

I didn't think that GCGs did this, but there have been a few threads even with gcg highflows. All three of these highflows run a shorter cartridge. Nytsky off these forums got a precisoin turbo highflow. They cut his actuator rod and welded it shorter. Slide bent my actuator rod shorter so that it fits snuggly

Even on a stock turbo, rb20 actuators run 11psi. I was using one before the highflow. If you think about it, since the catridge is shorter, there's less preload on the spring.

My rb25 actuator which is on my turbo now is running 11psi, because it's got extra preload on it now because the rod has been shortened (that kink in the rod has been made a bit bigger. It was bent perfectly though so it doesn't look any different to the stock one).

If you're going to be running 14-16psi, how is the boost controller holding up? any drop off or spiking? what controller is it?

Hmm that's interesting.

What I found.

Stock turbo with bleed adn rb25 actuator - making 10 psi

High flow + same actuator + same bleed setting - making 10psi

Now - rb20 actuator no boost bleed - 9 psi.

I just have one of the cheap bleed valves - will connect it up again when I have my injectors on and ready for the tune..

What is the HKS actuator? How many Psi?

The reason for the rb20 actuator is in the case I want to reduce the boost I can just take the boost controller out of the system easily..

I reckon only gaining 5-7 psi from the boost controller should be ok.. Otherwise I'll tee off and insert an orifice piece that bleeds off a set amount..

• 10 years later...
On 6/28/2007 at 8:15 AM, benl1981 said:

Thank for your help Chris. I got the Rb20 actuator on. It seems to be holding 0.6bar ~ 8.5-9psi. I might check my gauge against a calibrated one. Definately about 4-5psi above the Rb25 one which will make it easier to get 14-16 psi with the boost controller.

Have you found yours hold more like 9psi?

I took pics of them side by side. Quite easy to identify them now. Did you want the secret kept though :(

how do you tell the difference between the two actuators? and is the NEO actuator different?