SAU Community

Mines Ecu+safc2+larger Injectors

I've heard that the Mines ECU that came with some R33 gtst from Japan have their injectors maxed out so during tuning, they can get a little more power than most cars. If I were to change the injectors to a larger capacity one using the same ECU with the SAFC2 to tune will that be possible?

I'm interested to know how feasible it is............and please, don't tell me to get a powerfc, I'm only asking for the sake of satifying my curiosity. If it's not going to work then, obviously a powerfc would be on the list

yeah i know you can't tune the injectors with the safc, I don't actually know how the injectors are controlled, just wanted to know if leaving the computer on "maxed out" setting and just using the safc to control other stuff will it work or crash and burn?

mines do not tune their ecus to max out their injectors. Simply and utterly incorrect.

An safc can be used to play with afrs a little bit, but not to the extent that larger injectors require.

A friend of mine is developing a way to remap the r33 ecus easily. The solution won't be released, but he might look into doing it for other people too. stay tuned.

I think if your gonna come on here and tell all fustrated people with r33s that their ecu can be released but some greedy bastard wants to make a killing off it first before releasing any clues as to how... then thast just uncool.

Hes asking if its possible.

simplest answer would of been "no" yeah?

I have a auto R33 with a remapped R33 ECU

THE BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT

powerplayimports in sydney do them they send them over to a nismo engineer in japan

i have 280kw at the wheels

Um yeah works fine......... :thumbsup:

Dont think a Factory ECU isnt as good as a aftermarket one they are FAR FAR better the smarts that are in a factory ECU are amazing (U have to remember they spent ALOT of money in R&D on these things)

Just get it remapped to your needs they have race cars with 1000hp using Factory ECU's

Hope this helps

Why get it remapped from japan if you buy different upgrades for your car that affects performance... Who cares if you can get it remapped in japan, it would only be suitable for people that would knowingly not spend a single cent on their skyline... thats about 0.02 percent of people registered on this forum...

Why get it remapped from japan if you buy different upgrades for your car that affects performance... Who cares if you can get it remapped in japan, it would only be suitable for people that would knowingly not spend a single cent on their skyline... thats about 0.02 percent of people registered on this forum...

what you just said is not even coherent

I have spent ALOT of money on my skyline hence why I did not flinch in getting the BEST ECU upgrade for a auto that i could buy they remapped a factory ECU to my EXACT specifications by a nismo engineer, It wasn't cheap but it is PERFECT, also I dont see the need to change major components every second Tuesday I Just did it once probably.

That makes so much more sense to me.

do it once do it right.

Not only that but the factory ECU has So much scope left in it. I can still change bits and the ECU can handle it up to a degree until I need to remap it. A factory ECU can handle quite a degree of mods on a standard skyline let alone a ECU with all the restrictions removed and re-calibrated for Our fuel level of mods and driving temperatures. Nissan and Nismo spent unbelievable amounts of money tuning ECU on these cars why not use the smarts.

A powerFC is great if you have a manual and you have a good local tuner and you are willing to get re-tuned every time you change anything or summer /winter etc, My ECU takes it all in its stride and works it all out in real time.

I suppose it depends on your situation and much time you want throw at your car. I want my car to be perfect all the time, just like the factory built it. I simply don't have the time to muck around with it every weekend (I'm kinda over all that)

My Motto is

Decide want you want

and do it ONCE

don't muck around.

You will much more happier in the long term.

My 2 cents

Some people are not in the financial obligation of doing such a thing. they would rather tune at certain points in the car's life so screw the hassle of sending your ecu to japan each time you do a change... What happens if you need to upgrade your turbo, or you need to change somehting else on your car and you do so while your ecu is in japan or striaght after you get your ecu back?

There is no one in Australia that will remap the 33 ECU at the moment therefore this method is bad for alot of people apart from you.

Some people are not in the financial obligation of doing such a thing. they would rather tune at certain points in the car's life so screw the hassle of sending your ecu to japan each time you do a change... What happens if you need to upgrade your turbo, or you need to change somehting else on your car and you do so while your ecu is in japan or striaght after you get your ecu back?

There is no one in Australia that will remap the 33 ECU at the moment therefore this method is bad for alot of people apart from you.

Granted also if you have a manaul or a manulised auto you wouldn't even consider the factory ECU track POWERFC IT!!

but i really wanted a auto skyline that hammers and drives really nicely.

It comes down to what you want from your Skyline really.

Its certinanly not for everyone thats for sure I was in the forntuate postion that I could pull off the extent of my modifactions in one hit.

it did save me alot of money in the long term tho.

and as I said the factory ECU can cope with a remarkable change without needing to be remapped. its just the nature of the beast.