SAU Community

My R34 4 Door Drift Car Build

msports180

Thaught i would put up some details of my R34 now its going...

Ok so i baught this as a race rally car so its been gutted majourly. I baught it without a motor basically, it was a factory turbo i even drove it home before we started work on it. So i put the SR in as it was a cheaper option and i had alot of stuff for modding an SR around. So im not starting a SR v RB debate here. The neo was braught buy another bloke to put into a R31, at the time i couldnt afford to keep the NEO and manual conv and mod it etc.

spec's:

99 R34 Sedan

Maseratti Orange Paint with gold pearl and mettalic flake

Full Nismo Kit

Engine:

S13 SR20DET

Trust TD06 turbo

High mount manifold

Tial 38mm external gate

550cc injector's

GTR fuel pump

Retuned ECU

PLMS develepments Loom

FMIC

Full 3 inch Exhuast

Z32 AFM

Oil cooler with remote filter mount

Air diversion panel

K+N pod

296rwhp @12psi...

Drive train:

S13 5 speed

Extreme drift clutch

Custom 2 piece tail shaft

Shimmed stock Diff atm (pretty much locked)

Suspension:

G4 coilovers with custom spring rates for SR (fr 8.7 r 7.2)

Front Nismo upper camber arms

Rear Adjustable camber arms

Adjustable castor rods

Rolling stock:

Front URAS 17x9 + 30 rims with falken azenza's st115's

Rear URAS 17x9.5 + 15 with 235 smoke maker's

Inside:

Fixed back seats on bride low rails

deep dished steering wheel

Custom dash setup with:

apexi rsm

auto meter fuel gauge

warning lights

defi style gauges for:

boost

oil pressure

oil temp

water temp

Racing logic hydraulic handbrake

Completley gutted inside

stripped sound deadning

floor painted with pressure packs

relocated battery

I havnt had it tuned yet as i have only just got it going, im hoping for 230rwkw+ which i think is more then enough.

Weighed the car aswell 1240kg, 240kg lighther then standard and lighter then my 180! It feels quite responsive on the road with the SR to.

My plan is to use this for any motorsport event i can get into!! im mainly into drift though... My wife will be driving it to!!

We built this in my carport with help of alot of friends, couldnt of done it without em. The only things we had done elsewhere was the exhaust and pre-wire of the loom, which was done by PLMS develepments i cannot praise pete's work enuf!!

Future mods planned are:

2 way

cams approved cage

KOYO radiator

thanks guys!!

Image629.jpg

Image628.jpg

Image615.jpg

Image505.jpg

Image631.jpg

Edited by msports180

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks good.. your not in qld are you?

i know a guy that did the same thing to a 4 door 34 very relaible package....

i think you should cut out the front bar to allow the cooler to get some more air, other than that its awesome..

thanks for the commets guys!! :thumbsup:

makes the effort worth it.

Im gonna chop the bar soon to get more airflow, just need to get hold of a body saw. The car was painted when i baught it, the bay has been half painted, the rest is the original grey.

I havnt added up what it has cost me so far, im a bit scared to be honest... lol. It depends on what you can get the R34 for in the 1st place, the cost varies wildly. If you where to do it to a street car though i think the cost would increase as you need to concentrate on some things we didnt have to, such as speedo, factory gauges, aircon etc.

All in all it drives well and i cant wait to drift the bitch its been along time since i drifted something with decent power, i had a sprinter for a while now for some gate action...

thats a nice low weight for the 34 sedan!

good choice in ditching the RB25 Neo, a friend of mine who has a R34 couple (tony) had massive drama's extracting good reliable power out of the NEO motor. He said he couldnt get it to remain cool anywhere over about 230kw at the wheels.

Said something about the R34 blocks having thinner water jackets to run hotter for emissions. He ended up using an R33 motor.

thats a nice low weight for the 34 sedan!

good choice in ditching the RB25 Neo, a friend of mine who has a R34 couple (tony) had massive drama's extracting good reliable power out of the NEO motor. He said he couldnt get it to remain cool anywhere over about 230kw at the wheels.

Said something about the R34 blocks having thinner water jackets to run hotter for emissions. He ended up using an R33 motor.

Hmm thats interesting, i might mention that to the bloke that is using the NEO, its in a R31 gts with 230rwkw's atm he has built it for circuit work and road rallys etc. Might tell him to keep an eye on the temps then. Its only been goin a while and the ambient temps been low so far. Thanks for the heads up!

the car isnt licensed so no problems with the cops :D

im not 100% on the weight, i weighed my 180 and on the same weigh bridge and it did 1280kg? So i thaught it was pretty close. We took EVERYTHING out of it we cud, there's nothing behind the dash, no sound deadning, trim etc. Light seats etc. The SR is 70kg less then the RB straight away.

Im happy anyway feels nice and responsive on the road.

awesome color! Love the wheels too...and the wingless boot! Who did your paint job if i may ask?

thanks!!

it was allready that colour when i baught it... was originally grey, Painted before it came into the country.