SAU Community

My R34 4 Door Drift Car Build

msports180

awesome looking car!

im thinking about doing something similiar actually,

looks like ya had a great deal of fun with it. :)

how much are you looking to get for it?

thanks!, had a ball in it. So nicely balanced, im thinking of getting some semi slicks for it and doing a few sprints etc in it. It handled so nicely, insane turn in. Now more then ever i wana keep it, just not gonna know now for another 6months till my house is built. Im not sure what i would sell it for to be honest. Ive invested allot into it. We'll see in 6 months time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK got some more bad news from the bank, so i need to sell this to pay for the house. I do not want to but unfortunatley i dont have any other choice.

i have invested a serious amount of money into this car, only needs some basic mods to finish it completley and would be a competitive car in any form of motorsport.

offer's over $25k

neil

Edited by msports180

sorry bout the bad news. Awesome price! Is it possible to street register this monster and if so, what is needed and approx costs?

Unfortunatley u cannot get it licensed. The import approval for the car is for race/rally.

If you wanted to drive it on the road dealer plates or a class b rego is needed.

well i havnt had to sell it just as yet... May still need to, but luckily we got a refund from the settlement agent so that paid the bills we had at the time. If we run dry again the car may be up.

Orderded a new daughterboard for the ecu, this shud fix the missfire (it has a retuned factory ECU). and doing the diff next week. Will also give it a new set of plugs and a quick wheel alignment on the ground.

Got another track day july 1st... hopefully will be dry this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the new daughterboard turned up, fitted it to the car and the car ran like shit. At first i thaught it was the AFM, so we cleaned it checked everything and tried again, still ran like shit. Enuf to foul the plugs!!

Then noticed the fuel pump wasnt running... checked al the fuses, relays etc nothing no power to it. Thaugh what the hell lets put the old daughterboard in. And the f#*ker ran properly!! well the best it cud with fouled plugs.

The theory atm is that the eproms must of been accidentally erased in transit somehow? So gonna do the track day this sunday with it running a bit rough.

Also we shimmed the stock diff up. Put a 1.2mm shim in as the diff was pretty loose. Its pretty much locked now!! hehe

thats all ive pretty much done lately.

Track day was a complete farce. There was way to many entry's they should of knocked some back last count was 65!! Then the clerk of course on the day was an old tool who didnt like drifter's, basically said it aint motorsport, when you grow into circuit racing you will see how serious it is. Then it started pissing down, puddles everywhere. I got 4 laps in the rain for the whole day. What a waste of time and money.

http://www.melts.net/drift/collie.WMV

here's a short video someone made.

• 2 weeks later...

cars going onto the dyno 2moro just to get a power run and check AFR's, if there good gonna sneak some more boost into it.

The new daugherboard i baught turned out to be fine it was the noob that installed it that got it wrong ;)

so it runs sweet now

havnt done much else to it, havnt had the time or the money. There's no events any time soon to so im not gonna get to use it in anger... It sucks just sitting there...

Edited by msports180

Just got back from Adrenaline Performance and Fabrication where i had the car dyno'd... very happy

car did 296rwhp @ .9 bar boost

i am very happy with the results, it is still runny bulk rich at full power the AFR is around 10:1. Tried winding some more boost into it but it kept spiking at one stage we seen 24psi!! made 324rwhp @ like 5000rpm then so we backed off.

keep in mind im still running stock cams atm also its still only running just a basic retuned rom...

so i rekon there's easliy 330rwhp in it.

very very happy, and fcuk it was loud in the dyno cell!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

ive been flat out lately so havnt touched the car for ages. There's not much i can do without money anyway :P

Only news is to keep an eye out in HPI mag in the next few months :)

But... I am going to be putting it up for sale soon. As i am not going to be able to use the car as often as i had hoped. I am rostered on nearly every drift day for the next 6months and i cannot get time off. So im thinking of selling and going something registered so i can at least enjoy it on the road. Im also going to be selling my 180 to and combine the proceeds of both and get somthing newer. I havnt decided as yet what to buy.

So if anyone is keen for a car that just needs a few simple things to be ready to be competetive in any level send me a pm.

im looking for offer's above $25k, that may seem like alot but keep in mind everything wud be lucky to be 250kms old. Also there only real things it needs is 2way and possibly a bigger radiator.

• 2 months later...

havnt posted for ages been flat out with work and my house.

Managed to fiddle the figures and im keeping it!! woot!!

sooo... im selling my other toy and going to get a tow car, either stagea or v35 sedan.

Havnt done anything to the car for ages... havnt had the time or the money.

Did enter a drift comp at collie in september though, first track day in the dry and damn it was fun. Ran out of tyres in the end. Drifted with the URAS rims on the back had so much grip could push the car so hard...

ended up coming 4th which i was very happy with.

post-11869-1192264017_thumb.jpg

post-11869-1192264068_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Sold it to a dude in Albany, it got used a few times, then swapped hands, parted out, then sold again and now getting drifted again but with a LS.

Oooo LS 4door - any fresh photos or videos anywhere?

• 3 years later...