SAU Community

Hks Gt-rs Rb25det Owners: Please Post Your Dyno Graphs And Results

Hey all,

First off, I've done heaps of research already. :D This isn't a thread asking about what turbo should I get, as I've already decided upon the GT-RS and I've got one coming already. I'm just simply after dyno graphs so I can see an analyse the power, torque and boost curves and to compare each one to the other. I'm just trying to see what others have and what seems to work best so I can get the best out of my turbo when it goes on. :)

Already have looked through the entire RB25 Turbo Upgrade thread, but since most of the pictures there don't work anymore and only peak power figures are written down I'm starting this thread up as I'm more interested in the shape of the power/boost/torque curves.

So all you HKS GTRS owners out there, please post up your dyno graphs and list your modifications as well as boost level your running. :thanks: I'm after RB25 specifically but RB20/RB20DET people please post as well as it will be a useful comparison. :worship:

All help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Andi

I'll edit this and post them up when i'm home from work (if i can find them)

Was 230rwkw from memory when it was first done about 2 years ago, on about 14psi on a softish tune

Now it's been sharpened up a bit and had splitfire coils added, 16-17psi and just over 250. Feels a lot better in the midrange, though.

Really comes on song at 3500rpm thereabouts.

I'm told that cams will add around 10+rwkw to the equation with a noticeably beefier midrange, but that's a fair whack of cash for not that many extra horsies.

I too would be interested to see what others have done - i know there are GT-RS's out there pushing much bigger numbers than i am!!

Mods (series II r33):

GT-RS / FMIC / PFC / Z32 AFM / Fuel pump / Nismo 740's /Splitfire coils / 3" turbo back

Even though we have already chatted Andi, i will post mine up for others.

Ignore the red line, the BLUE line was my final tune.

post-1811-1178199629.jpg post-1811-1178199645.jpg

Thanks Al :)

I wasn't sure if you wanted me to post your one up or not. :thumbsup:

Guys which rear exhaust housings do you have? I seem to have the .64 one (stamped onto mine) but I was under the impression that the Skyline GTRS's came with .86 housings?

Im pretty sure that the HKS GT-RS for gtst, gts25t and gtt all come with the .63 a/r exhaust housing, i dont think there is optional housings avaliable.

Not sure about the GTR'S tho

Did I hear that cams for an extra 10kw's top end will cost too much $$$$vs performance...

It is not about the top end...it will spool faster and your turbo will kick in lower and give a better power result..in real world

driving...not dyno type driving...ffs at 7500RPM.lol

Cams do look tasty but I think I'll be leaving that for a secondary stage of mods, first being the turbo, injectors, afm and pfc. Second might be cams, splitfire coils, plenum. :blink:

Beeble, any luck with getting those graphs yet?