SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

I have tried the search function and not found what I am after:

My Stagea (1997 Auto RS Four V) is using on average 16.4 litres/100km.

Is this normal?

What are other peoples fuel consumption figures?

Can you link me to any threads that discuss this?

It has to do with the weight of Stageas ~1700kgs, the fact that they share the aerodynamics with a tissue box, and how you use your throttle, and the fact that you have 4wd too.

I had my power-fc tunes for economy and was reeeeealy gentle on the throttle and got 9lts/100kms out of her.

Read this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...945&hl=fuel

holy crap joe! mine would be lucky to get 300 :blink:

you serious on you car you only get 300km/tank? Im getting 400-450/tank. you better go for a retune buddy it will save you in the long run. if thats the case use boost 98 to cut costs man.

Average 11.7L/100km in town, 9-10L/100km on the highway.

It all comes down to a good tune, and a controlled right foot...

oh, and adelaide traffic isn't as bad as in other states so your results may vary a bit...

but then with better roads like in QLD I averaged <11L/100km when on holiday in brisbane...

300km would be correct, with no safc and with a shagged exhaust temp sensor....

I was on around 320-350kms then replaced the exhaust temp sensor and added an safc and it got 450km (fuel light staying on) with 140awkw.

after a retune soon to suit the different muffler, incl adding on an adj cam gear wheel, should get 190awkw and still be around the 400km per tank mark.

i get 200 KM to the tank in city

around 300 on the highway

man is your foot made out of lead or wat?your car got a serious problem. I think it definetely can guzzle gas quicker than all of us guzzling a pot of cold beer!!!! :rant:

i also changed o2 sensor, and it improved slightly....

but as i said im getting an safc in the next couple of weeks, and i will also try and track down an SITC

who sells this boost98?

i also changed o2 sensor, and it improved slightly....

but as i said im getting an safc in the next couple of weeks, and i will also try and track down an SITC

who sells this boost98?

united. search for the thread on boost 98. and there a link in there which will tell you where boost 98 is available. its good stuff.

Thanks for the info...

I will try replacing the O2 sensor next week. If that does not help I will install an old SAFC I have lying around.

i get 200 KM to the tank in city

around 300 on the highway

Say you call "a tank" 50lt to be conservative as 200km is ridiculous anyway you swing it... That's 25lt/100km

What modifications have you got mechanically to achieve such a stupid result? Larger injectors and unburnt fuel running out the exhaust?

I suggest you check the "gas" tank for holes there boy! I'm sure driving "style" is a contributing factor...

Just install the SAFC anyway. I picked up almost 20awkw from that alone. Still waiting on results on Fuel economy. Think it can still be leaned out more on lower throttle

Say you call "a tank" 50lt to be conservative as 200km is ridiculous anyway you swing it... That's 25lt/100km

What modifications have you got mechanically to achieve such a stupid result? Larger injectors and unburnt fuel running out the exhaust?

I suggest you check the "gas" tank for holes there boy! I'm sure driving "style" is a contributing factor...

lead footed? or the engine is a real "gas guzzler" like the yankees like to say.