SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

Say you call "a tank" 50lt to be conservative as 200km is ridiculous anyway you swing it... That's 25lt/100km

What modifications have you got mechanically to achieve such a stupid result? Larger injectors and unburnt fuel running out the exhaust?

I suggest you check the "gas" tank for holes there boy! I'm sure driving "style" is a contributing factor...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...945&hl=fuel

main factor is i have a half failed coilpack that is intermittent, 550s in without a tune yet, and a 3inch straightpipe exhaust from teh turbo back.

im waiting on my turbo to get in so i can tune it.

its my fault im getting horrid gas mileage.....and yes driving style has alot to do with it

main factor is i have a half failed coilpack that is intermittent, 550s in without a tune yet, and a 3inch straightpipe exhaust from teh turbo back.

im waiting on my turbo to get in so i can tune it.

its my fault im getting horrid gas mileage.....and yes driving style has alot to do with it

yea but stil not 200km/tanks :(

my car is just emo

every car i get is emo

btw, my car is stock, apart from a blitz muffler (not cat back, just a muffler)

i dont drive it hard, it is in traffic, so that could be a contribution, but f**k me dead, ~280kms to a tank is ridiculous. if i thrashed my old r32, id still get more than that.

end /rant :(

I wasn't happy with my S2 when I first got it. But once I decided that I didn't have to use the boost all the time, it made a huge difference to the economy. The worst that I had was 360kms per tank, the best (on highway at 110) was 525km this equated to 9.47l/100km. Pretty good. I am now getting 420km per tank around town. I changed spark plugs, (cos I had a nasty misfire at 4500 rpm), and I have run two treatments of fuel injector cleaner through. I do run 98 octane, but not all the time. The highway run was done on 95 octane. Car (engine) is stock 'cept for exhaust.

BTW, if you are going to replace your RB25DET lambda sensor, the part number is NTK OZA395-E2. This one has the same wiring connector as standard... easy!

BTW, if you are going to replace your RB25DET lambda sensor, the part number is NTK OZA395-E2. This one has the same wiring connector as standard... easy!

Correct, and it's the same part as in the SR20-powered N14 Pulsar. I wonder if they'd charge more if you asked for the Pulsar part instead of the Skyline/Stagea part... It DOES happen sometimes.

f**k me dead thats expensive

my last fill was $65 @ $1.41 a litre

your tank was far from empty, if your light was showing it would have cost you more like $80 at that price.

boost 98 will not give you better fuel econmy. it will however increase your power. it contains 10% ethonol wich is an alcohol it means it burns hotter and can fit more in the chamber (cos alchol compress more) wich in turn gives you less fuel consumption and can lean out your mixture hence ethonol not being good for hih performance cars. if you have a reasaonably stock tune it will not harm your engine. united boasts that they have added more chemicals to there boost 98 to prevent detanation which also makes it use more fuel. use bp ultimate or mobil 8000 both come with a cleaner to clean carbon from ur injectors and don't contain ethonol giving you better fuel econmy. tryit if you don't belive me i did all the experments about a year ago to find what fuels where the best and that's my results.

happy fueling :sorcerer:

on a side note, cars that run on ethanol acutally ger 15% less fuel economy(pure ehtanol) and around 7% less on a mix, but performance advantages are worth it IMO

boost 98 will not give you better fuel econmy. it will however increase your power. it contains 10% ethonol wich is an alcohol it means it burns hotter and can fit more in the chamber (cos alchol compress more) wich in turn gives you less fuel consumption and can lean out your mixture hence ethonol not being good for hih performance cars. if you have a reasaonably stock tune it will not harm your engine. united boasts that they have added more chemicals to there boost 98 to prevent detanation which also makes it use more fuel. use bp ultimate or mobil 8000 both come with a cleaner to clean carbon from ur injectors and don't contain ethonol giving you better fuel econmy. tryit if you don't belive me i did all the experments about a year ago to find what fuels where the best and that's my results.

happy fueling :sorcerer:

thats not really true.

a study made by university of California, Berkely found that a corn based ethanol produces 10-15% less emmission and 1/3 worae interms of milage. Because of its poor energy density.

However, Boost 98 is a cellulosic based (sugarcane) which is much better than a starch based ethanol. Ethanol based from cellulosic performs much better in terms of economics. Thats why corn based which is starch based ethanol never really took of outside the cornbelt.

All bio fuels (ethanol and diesel) are naturallu corrosive. In small emount present in the fuel (E10) actually cleans the engine, fuel ines and injectors without having to add any additives into the fuel which translate into a cost saving. Sa,e thing with bio diesel. Its also been known when using 100% biodiesel or a high %tage of biodiesel it was reocmmended to change the fuel filter after the first tank use of the bio duesel. why? Cos all the shit from lines being cleaned out.

How much is Bp 98 and Mobil 8000 at the pump right now? And how much is Boost 98? From memory the cost difference is about A$6/tank comparing a normall 98 and with boost 98? And how much milage differences when using the normall gasoliine and boost 98? I have personally done the comparison myself by filling mobil and boost 98. But think of the less carbon emmision though and the difference in costs.

Benno from racepace who tunes my car says that go for the Boost 98 after the tune. It doesnt really makes a difference. But he says dont use shell and especially the optimax extreme which is a ripp off.

thats just my 2c worth.

Edited by stasis

your tank was far from empty, if your light was showing it would have cost you more like $80 at that price.

yeh i know, it was on 1/4.

i never drain a tank completely

i have a habit of doing it so i can use all the gas, and there is never any left over (in case it wasnt all well blended from my spirited driving) Normally i do Half offbase gas since its almost 170 a liter of High octane and half of onbase gas at 2.90 a gallon

i have a habit of doing it so i can use all the gas, and there is never any left over (in case it wasnt all well blended from my spirited driving) Normally i do Half offbase gas since its almost 170 a liter of High octane and half of onbase gas at 2.90 a gallon

Hei grant tell me do you use any of the jet fuel laying arounf the base? :(

Edited by stasis

it depends what type of jet fuel, if you are talking about the fuel they use in prop driven planes, yes, it works great, only problem is that it burns a billion times hotter then normal fuel and it is ~114RON and since 911 vehicles other than those authorised are not allowed onto light aircraft airfield aprons to access the fuel, I know i used to run it. Was awesome, pity to cause now Aviation Gas is only about 10c a litre more than 98RON at the pump here in Rocky :( I just cant get to it now :(