SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

That's pretty good economy Andy, just the Nismo?

114kmh is radar friendly?

Even in a 110kph zone, it's around a $140 fine below the Murray... take off the 3 points for possible error, still leaves you at 111 in a 110 zone... Yay Vic road rules, stopping all the dangerous driving!

In NSW it is...oops Andy beat me to it.

When I drove the Stag home from Sydney I noticed everyone was flying past me even though I was doing about 115 according to the speedo...I think they get 10% allowance where as our retarded VicRoads gives us 2kph...

In NSW it is...oops Andy beat me to it.

When I drove the Stag home from Sydney I noticed everyone was flying past me even though I was doing about 115 according to the speedo...I think they get 10% allowance where as our retarded VicRoads gives us 2kph...

NSW has:

under 10 km/h = 1 point

10 - 20 kmkm/h = 3 points

20 - 30 Km/h = 4 points

so im pretty sure the 10% is out the window now, dont know when they changed from 0-15km/h and 15-30km/h but they obviously want to make more money!!!

Went from Dee Why to Penrith and back car was fully loaded, Before leaving I stopped at the petrol station and filled up the tank and calibrated the tyres. I did 135 Kms combined, on the way home I was so impressed with the fuel level that I stopped at the same petrol station same pump and filled up again. When filling up I let the pump stop twice as I always do and it took 12.9 L

Result around 10L/100km combined.not bad...

• 3 weeks later...

Total from the day I bought our M35 to today (about 6 months) and I'm getting 11.15L/100km. This is probably 90% city driving with some hills driving and country km's too (I figure the hills runs would cancel out the country kms). Pretty happy with that. I couldn't get my Evo under 13L/100km and from memory my C34 used to do around 12.5L/100km combined city/hills/country.

• 3 weeks later...

ok well just been driving the m35 stagea (K&N Air Filter only mod) and got 504km before light came on and it says 56km until empty. Thats driving to work and bback mostly with hills and 12 sets of lights. Works out to be an average of 14.28lts/100km. Not too bad considering there was some spirited driving at times.

I've been getting pretty regular 13.5l/100ks from the RS4S.

It's got a cooler, exhaust, YJs, iridium plugs, a PFC, runs 12PSi (mostly) and is in need of a tune. It's returning pretty solid results of around 13.5/100 which is pretty much 100% city/suburban driving.

It sees a fair bit of welly action regularly, too.

I'm fairly happy with that.

• 1 month later...

I've been getting around 12.4 lately, city/country combo.

Recently on my way over to Melbourne got nothing lower than 12 on the way over in the rain, but on the way back averaged out to 10.1 using the cruise control.

It seems the guys with an a/market exhaust are getting better results with the engine breathing better.

I still seem to be the anomaly here.

Driving to Canberra and back the lowest tank for me was 8L/100km.

Maybe it's because I don't usually use the aircon?

After how many ks? That's insane!

110km/hr down long hill, lift off, reset trip computer, <500m take picture. Just for laughs on here.

I was too slow to get a pic when it said 4.x

I still seem to be the anomaly here.

Driving to Canberra and back the lowest tank for me was 8L/100km.

Maybe it's because I don't usually use the aircon?

Yep abnormal for these cars. Did someone do a TDI conversion when you weren't looking?

Aircon off makes a big difference, but not 2-3L/100km I would say. Nice effort - I don't have the willpower I'm afraid.