SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

I was doing around 300 a tank (city) with a 1400 idle in N, and burnt transmission fluid. After an idle reset and transmission fluid change i got 450kms (country) out of 3/4 of a tank so looks on track for the 600kms per tank (country) you NM35 guys are getting. Will be interesting to see what i get city.

IMO anyone using more than a ?W-40 oil on a stock or near stock motor is needlessly wasting fuel. I'm currently running a full synth 5W-40. I will try a ?W-30 next change (tho one of the guys here (maybe Scotty NM35?) said that some engines are noisy with 30).

My wife has informed me, after fitting 750cc Ev14's injectors , getting pete at nistune to tune car and fitting hypergear G3, car gets 22 percent

better fuel economy..lol..probally because its not on boost with a whiff of throttle

cheers

darren

not long had my series 1 stag - been averaging 14/100 - mostly driving like theres police behind me apart from those odd blasts to get the chatter going :)

going to do o2 sensor as I doubt its ever been done - car is on 154,000

anything else I should be looking at to get the fuel use down a touch?

For the S1 Stag

Change coolant temp sensor, o2 sensor, Air filter, Fuel filter, Clean throttle body/plenum, Put air in tyres, check cat and mufflers, Check afm, Change oil, thermostat, coolent. spark plugs etc

Just the usual maintenance, everything adds up to better fuel economy i believe. My old VS used to get 9/100 because i kept up the services and changed the things mentioned above. Also always run on 98, i found it to idle better and was smoother on gear changes.

In the stag I'm getting 11-12/100 it used to be 14-16/100 it didn't really matter if i was on 5 or 12psi or how i drove. Still getting 11-12/100 since my last post

Edited by OS80RN

well driving back from brissy to darwin, sitting on 130km/h (120 buy gps) i got 580km out of the tank, that is it as in the car stopped :P at that speed from when the fuel light came on we got another 80km's before the car ran out! that's with the boot chockers 2 adults and 2 kids and about 150kg in the boot!

extremely happy with how the car went on such a long drive! The car still runs way to rich, the whole back of the car is yellow from over fueling, and believe with a powerfc and getting it tuned for economy at 80 100 and 130 that it would be even better.

:)

well driving back from brissy to darwin, sitting on 130km/h (120 buy gps) i got 580km out of the tank, that is it as in the car stopped :P at that speed from when the fuel light came on we got another 80km's before the car ran out! that's with the boot chockers 2 adults and 2 kids and about 150kg in the boot!

extremely happy with how the car went on such a long drive! The car still runs way to rich, the whole back of the car is yellow from over fueling, and believe with a powerfc and getting it tuned for economy at 80 100 and 130 that it would be even better.

:)

you may also want to look into new o2 sensors

that should help lean it out a little at cruise speed

and there are probably better ecu options than powerfc

you may also want to look into new o2 sensors

that should help lean it out a little at cruise speed

and there are probably better ecu options than powerfc

2nd hand powerfc for the price will be fine, didn't think about the o2 sensors, have 2 in my vl with the to4z kit, should change them I guess

• 2 weeks later...

just done my first full tank of 95. i've got a vq25dd i got 600km just as the fuel light came on, then went another 50km before putting more gas in.

400km of that was done with a full boot and family trip away up and down hills in twists and turns. Loving these wagons! bit more expensive to run than the 323 hatch, but the power is there to move this tank when i need to. 100km drop it into 3rd and its just as the vct starts to work, ans shit you can feel when the cams work.

Just clocked my last tank on vpower using 14.82/ 100. Devistating.... Just changed o2 sensor and reset ecu . see how it goes this week. The old sensor was totally ruined black and dark brown at the tip.

I've just started using the fuelio app to track fuel usage it's pretty good :)

My car gets almost 10% better fuel economy on United 100 octane than BP or Shell 98.

I just eek out 400ks on 98 but make it to ~440 on 100.

I've tested over multiple tanks on both and the results are fairly consistent. I wouldn't have thought there'd by a that much of a difference.

Just clocked my last tank on vpower using 14.82/ 100. Devistating.... Just changed o2 sensor and reset ecu . see how it goes this week. The old sensor was totally ruined black and dark brown at the tip.

I've just started using the fuelio app to track fuel usage it's pretty good :)

I've been using it for a while now, I like it.