SAU Community

Beer Baron's Japan Photo Diary

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Richard,do you have any pics of the finished RX7?

Still standard turbo setup?

they are 280 ps turbos modified by pre-stage (similar to the knight sports twins). and mild ported engine.

RX7 now:

35937252mk9.jpg

88412658dm7.jpg

81744544eb6.jpg

44515894nq7.jpg

49436134zy1.jpg

31268616lz8.jpg

mmmmmm yummy :(

I think you should take me for a drive soon Richard, I've always loved RX7s being the little guy that I am :D

I nearly bought one instead of the skyline, but the fear of engine troubles swayed me away...

sure thing mate. you are right they certainly are built for the more 'compact' gentleman. :)

I love driving it, the sound it makes is sexual and can be heard in the next prefecture... lol.

Great pictures thanks for sharing them with us.

no prob. :)

I was just looking for some RX7 pic from Tsukuba and realised there is still a truckload of pics I haven't uploaded or barely even looked at. more to come soon. here are some of some RX7 from Tsukuba.

Starting with the Pan Speed RX7. It is the grand daddy time attack RX7. Sounded insane. Shook the stand as it came past!

img7072os5.jpg

img7068ph3.jpg

img7064nt9.jpg

img7070mi5.jpg

img7063se1.jpg

img7043ha3.jpg

img7061th4.jpg

img7042fs8.jpg

img7031ku8.jpg

img6931kw7.jpg

img6829bo1.jpg

img6827gc8.jpg

img6824vt1.jpg

img6823cy9.jpg

NA 20B Cosmo. Weird choice for time attack car but very cool. and it was quick, around the 1min mark or just under. and sofa king loud! I think I am still deaf in on ear from it.

img6918rl8.jpg

R Magic RX8. I have to say the RX8s don't really do much for me, but if you had to have one you could do worse than this R Magic one. :D

img6913ln3.jpg

img6807jv7.jpg

img6859vk8.jpg

img6793kt9.jpg

Fujita Engineering (AKA FEED) RX7. LOVED this one. Looked so nice. :O Probably my favourite colour for the FD (next to my pearl white RZ of course!)

img6799kg3.jpg

img6798ul5.jpg

img6797pp2.jpg

img6796xd3.jpg

up close with Mines president giving the new GTR a bootful on the freeway.

img7108rh3.jpg

Sorry I am so late, but I am glad that I found this thread...

Mr BB, you Camera work has improved and all of the shots are very good.

A 400D nice... I dabble a bit in the still captures too and I like me motorsport.

As for "Mr Mines" what a cool story and as for the Car, unbelievable. I want one...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiousity and under no obligation. . . What do you do for a coin that you can afford such a lifestyle?

I only ask from a little place i live sometimes called "jealousy".

Can I add that this thread is a great testament to you and also your character! The mind boggles at the amount of hours you would have put into this thread :huh:

Simply fantastic (removes lips from ass) :laughing-smiley-014:

Edited by ellie

• 3 weeks later...
Love the RX7 richard looks hot.

thanks mate. it's my current favourite in the fleet. the silvia is getting a little love. the 34 not being driven at all as it's for sale and want to ensure it stays pristine. :O

thanks stephen thorpe, glad you enjoyed the pics too. :)

Just out of curiousity and under no obligation. . . What do you do for a coin that you can afford such a lifestyle?

I only ask from a little place i live sometimes called "jealousy".

Can I add that this thread is a great testament to you and also your character! The mind boggles at the amount of hours you would have put into this thread :O

Simply fantastic (removes lips from ass) :laughing-smiley-014:

Hey Ellie, I'm glad you enjoyed the thread and thanks for appreciating the time spent uploading and writing! many a late night in a japanese hotel room uploading a days worth of pics in here. :)

I don't think I have a particularly huge salary. I'm mid-late 20s I do reasonably well I guess but certainly not stellar. I guess it's more of how I spend money. I don't borrow money, none of my cars are financed, though i did borrow a few years back to buy property but even then put up 20% of the price. but I also don't really save any money. I spend it all on trips, cars, parts, food, etc. I'm not good with money at all, it comes and goes at a pretty rapid rate. what got me going with all the japan stuff was just a real love and interest in japanese culture, japanese people, japanese cars, japanese food, japanese architecture, japanese ideology basically everything japanese. so when I started learning to speak and read japanese and I started going back to japan more often the friendships over there expanded and grew which enabled me to make great contacts in japan that i've now had for a few years. basically just from putting myself out there :P

anyway, I highly recommend everyone go over there at least once. it's a great place to see from many aspects.

when things quieten down a bit at work I will upload some of the many unseen pics I still have yet to do. :(

Nice one Richardo! The RE would certainly be beautiful to drive,

Getting in and out of it makes me think of Jeremy Clarkson and a Lotus Exige lol

lol, yeah it's pretty funny and quite similar as they have very high sills, and very low seats. it has the recaro carbon buckets bolted to the floor so you kind of have to climb over the sill then down into the seat. a bit weird when you're over 6 foot, but with some practice now I can do it without looking like a complete fool!

Thanks for the comprehensive reply mate. From what you are saying, I'm in a very similar situation as you but i'm very frugal with money (if I'm honest with myself) and I need to build up some balls and dive in. I've done a little traveling and it is by far the best times I've ever had which Is why I'm a bit envious and asked the question! + I had arranged to go to japan for a month and a half in january but my mate that I was going to travel with has been stung rather heavily over the worlds finaincial situation causing the trip to be put on the back burner :laugh::D .

Enough of my jiba jaba in your thread! So, cheers for a great thread because I know it drives me a little bit to get out there :P

Thanks for the comprehensive reply mate. From what you are saying, I'm in a very similar situation as you but i'm very frugal with money (if I'm honest with myself) and I need to build up some balls and dive in. I've done a little traveling and it is by far the best times I've ever had which Is why I'm a bit envious and asked the question! + I had arranged to go to japan for a month and a half in january but my mate that I was going to travel with has been stung rather heavily over the worlds finaincial situation causing the trip to be put on the back burner :banana::) .

Enough of my jiba jaba in your thread! So, cheers for a great thread because I know it drives me a little bit to get out there :P

I say go by yourself! I used to always want to travel with friends. I always thought it's best when you have someone with you to share experiences with etc. someone you can see something amazing with and say "wow! look at at that!". I also thought you look like a bit of a nige or a loner travelling alone. but once I found myself wanting to go back to japan, and no-one to go with me, so I went by myself. and since then some of the best japan trips i've had have been by myself. though when I say by myself I guess I do have a lot of friends there, so it's not like I spent much time on my own. but at least travelling by yourself means you can do whatever YOU want and it encourages you to meet other people and strengthen those friendships. though on the other hand I guess for a first time it would be nice to have someone to go with. anyway, if you can't find someone to go with you eventually, I say just go it alone and see what happens. :)

Thanks mate, that is very good and highly relevant advice! I wanted to go with a friend for exactly those reasons. When I went to europe, I was alone for the first week in which I saw every thing I had hoped to within that week but it all felt a bit empty. Then I went on a small contiki (I know, but the trip was planned litterally 1 week ahead) where you are forced to meet plenty of very cool people and the week post tour was easily one of the best times i've had (new friendships checking out foriegn countries).

I'd say that trying to start somewhere new with a language barrier and not knowing a soul is the main reasons I haven't man'd up and just gone. :) scares me silly. On the flip side, I'm well aware that it's those things in life that build the most character and are most rewarding.

How did you come to meet and make such good friends over there? You especially seem to have a lot of friends on the car side of things. Did you meet a lot of them through your photography?

Or. . . .Are you one of 'those' guys? You know the ones. . . .The ones that slip into every situation with ease and gets on with everyone straight away only to leave with with 8 promises of a bed if needed :sick:

The name is Bond. . . . .Richard Bond! :laughing-smiley-014:

On a more serious note - if you would prefer not to disclose to much personal detail in this thread, I can appreciate that. I know this is meant to be a photo diary. Not, pick Richards brain for knowledge/experience.

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by ellie

yep, sounds like you'll be happier with someone to share the trip with. and I'm glad I went with friends my first few trips for sure. it's quite easy to do most basic things in japan as lots of stuff is in english. but learning at least a little japanese will make a big difference. so I'd definitely look at doing some japanse lessons first if you can.

friends I met with car related stuff was mainly through importing parts and cars. I have been buying and importing parts and cars for a number of years and I guess just met people through that who also shared a passion for japanese cars. and speaking a little japanese helps, and I guess I'm just a fairly friendly guy. I have been shown some amazing hospitality by people I just met. the first time I met Tomonori Akai, driver of the purple ae86 in this thread, and recently took 3rd place in an MSC pro class event (MSC is the rival series to D1GP), he invited me to come out for dinner with him in a few days, when I went there he took me to an amazing yakiniku place and paid for the whole thing (would have been hundreds of AUD). I had intended to take him out as he had kindly taken me out in his AE86, and some friends of mine too, and kept going until he busted an axle, but he paid for everything, then he took me back to meet his dad and show me their factory, and his dad's 'play room' and tuned 34 GTR etc. and we've been good friends ever since. so it is easy to make good friends in japan. :) and yes, I'm one of 'those guys' lol. cool.gif

there's no problem discussing whatever in this thread. it's all on topic anyway, and may encourage others to head on over. :)

• 4 weeks later...

well you guys are in for a xmas bonus session. i'll be having a few days off over the next week or so, and when time permits i've promised myself I'd go through some old photos and upload them. so expect a few more japan trips worth of pics to be uploaded over this holiday season. :domokun: just call me annual gift man (simpons japan joke).