SAU Community

Beer Baron's Japan Photo Diary

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Absolutely unreal. Just read the whole thread. I bet you have some awesome stories and some unreal memories from the trip(s). Congratulations.

Edited by Himself

thanks guys for the encouragement. :P your appreciation and enjoyment of the thread is why I make and post them. I will try and get back into my pics over the next week or so and upload more. I still have heaps that are untapped at this point. :D

• 1 month later...

hehe, thanks mate. sometimes I need one. Had a busy weekend this one, but hopefully I'll get a quiet evening this week and get some more pics up. :(

Hey Richard,

This thread was awesome loved the pics best ones ever and bassically you have made me plan my next holiday :

Thanks again made my day today.....

great thread. great pics. great stories.

read it front to back. I can't wait to get back there (seriously considered moving there) :P

NO autobachs pics?

Here's some of mine, even though they're crap. AUTOBACHS IS HEAVEN :D:) these are the only ones I could really get before getting asked not to take photos. Prolly worried we'll see how much we get ripped off over here haha. (Nismo diff oil there = 28 bucks a litre... here.. you'll pay 80 +)

post-25998-1212691149_thumb.jpg

post-25998-1212691173_thumb.jpg

post-25998-1212691197_thumb.jpg

post-25998-1212691216_thumb.jpg

post-25998-1212691416_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
love this girl. supaa kawaii desu ne!!

she has nice taste in head wear.

img5962nh1.jpg

also, she kept looking over to me on the side whilst she and her little pal were supposed to be looking in the same direction. what can I say? beer baron is a machine. lol

img5966mn0.jpg

she even threw me a sly little wink, which I must say didn't work out well for either of us :P

img5963uz7.jpg

ok, just one more cause she is so cute. :P

img5965qs8.jpg

damn u beer baron!!! if theres girls like this ill go japan tomoro! lol

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Beer Baron, Those pics are really good ive just sat here for the last hour getting a guided tour of japan ,cant beat that. Im new to SAU and, dam i feel like ive know you for agers lol. but any way thanks for the pic and the comantary.Those Japanese really love there cars dont they.

Cheers Julz

G'day Beer Baron, Those pics are really good ive just sat here for the last hour getting a guided tour of japan ,cant beat that. Im new to SAU and, dam i feel like ive know you for agers lol. but any way thanks for the pic and the comantary.Those Japanese really love there cars dont they.

Cheers Julz

no worries Julz, glad you enjoyed the pics. :D It's exactly what I wanted from the thread, just to share with people some experiences of japan centered around motoring type events. There will be more to come as I'm back off to japan very soon. :D

and I still have lots of other pis I never got around to uploading, but now that I'm in my new place I may have some time to do it (yes I know I've said that before :banana: ).

This photo album is amazing! I've just spent the last couple of hours reading the whole thread! Makes me really want to go to Japan even more!! Would it be easy to get around without knowing Japanese, or is some knowledge of their language recommended? How easy is it for tourists to attend these race days or even street racing events? A friend of mine is under the impression that street racing goes on all the time in Japan and you can just walk up and watch... :banana:

Can't wait for your next update!

Sarah

Hi Sarah, there is no problem getting around japan without any japanese knowledge. as long as you are willing to try things and ask for help if you need it. knowing some basic language and very importantly pronunciation will help a lot though. often foreigners have trouble correctly pronouncing japanese words and this can make it hard for japanese people to understand what you are trying to say.

If it's your first time to japan and you don't have any japanese language definitely get a lonley planet guide and maybe a phrase book too. even just knowing things like "can I have an english menu" or "take me to ........ please" for taxis, or "how much is that one" all those little things can help make things easy for you.

Race days like Super GT or Nismo Festival etc are easy to get tickets for and not usually expensive either. Phsically getting to some circuits can be a little trickier but not impossible even for first timers. Tsukuba circuit would be pretty hard to get to without a car though. Fuji is not too bad though.

The basic drift days and private track days are a little more tricky as they don't usually have 'spectating' as such. mostly just the competitors and their friends are there. and they wont really be published anywhere in english.

Street racing is certainly not as prolific as people here seem to think. It does happen but it's not like you can just go out at night and stumble across an initial D style togue battle. without a car and some friends who know where the street racing is at on any particular night it would be very hard to find any. I have purely been lucky through people that I know in japan who are into that kind of thing who have taken me out all those times.

Anyway, bottom line is definitely don't let a lack of japanese language scare you off going to japan. you will still enjoy yourself a lot.

Glad you enjoyed my photos too. :thumbsup:

Followed the link here from your RZ post over on FD Owners; mate you're a legend :merli: Incredible stuff, and I cant wait to get over there!

Working on the missus to get over there sometime next year... planning to go to RE Amemiya, FEED and R Magic if I can fit them in near a 'tourist attraction' she may be interested in :laugh:

Followed the link here from your RZ post over on FD Owners; mate you're a legend :merli: Incredible stuff, and I cant wait to get over there!

Working on the missus to get over there sometime next year... planning to go to RE Amemiya, FEED and R Magic if I can fit them in near a 'tourist attraction' she may be interested in :laugh:

thanks mate, now that I have the '7 I will definitely head to RE Amemiya and FEED. Actually I was considering FEED for the engine build on my RZ as my friend in japan had an engine built there and was strongly trying to convince me to do the same, but pre-stage worked out to be more convenient and did a top job. :laugh: