SAU Community

Beer Baron's Japan Photo Diary

Great pics.

This makes me want to go over to japan even more then i ever have b4. Have had many exchange students and that made me want to go but after this damn.

Once again thanks for the time effort you put into

Now to save up some cash and go on a holiday.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad you like them :P

there are lots more I promise, I am just a slack bastardo. they are all on my old PC hard drive which has been put into a (un-reliable) external case. and cause the bloody thing keeps dropping connection transferring the pics is far less fun that it should be... one day.... I promise!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Awesome job with the photos. You must know some people over there.

Do you have any Wangan pics or vid?

Hi mate, I've never taken much vid in japan. some drifting etc. but I'm usually too busy doing stuff to want to film or even photograph things. sometimes you don't really enjoy stuff if you just spend all the time taking pics. plus it's hard to film/shoot when driving. :P there are some pics there from daikoku and other wangan rest stops which are actually built onto (under or on the side of) the wangan. I've taken pics like that when we stop there to meet people, have a drink, break etc.

• 4 months later...

wow this threads amazing, it really makes me want to plan a trip to japan and check these events out.

dads got a business trip to japan in june/july... now i think i will be tagging along!

thanks for taking the time and effort to upload these pics for everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

no prob guys. glad you all like the thread. I do still have lots more pics here somewhere and one day will get around to uploading. :(

as the thread shows there is lots to japan outside of car stuff so no matter who you go with or what you're doing in japan you'll have a great time. :P

• 1 month later...

got a small piece of updated news of sorts. in a couple of months I'm heading out for a month and a bit of treking around. going to drive the nurburgring for a few days (been meaning to for ages), spend a few weeks in italy and a few other europe stops and then of course BACK TO JAPAN! so I should finally have some NEW pics to upload in the japan photo diary. In the meantime it might also motivate me a bit to go through the old pics I've never sorted and upload some of them. :( so hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Beer Baron, have you got any high-res photos of the Nissan R92CP from the Nismo Festival photo album? It's the blue/white/red LeMans racer with the gold/chrome BBS (?) rims :/

If you do could, you PM me with a few? I've never been able to find any on the web :laugh:

Just been reading through all the pages and enjoyed all the pics cheers for sharing with us BB you have definitely convinced me to head over there to visit. :laugh:

Hi Beer Baron, have you got any high-res photos of the Nissan R92CP from the Nismo Festival photo album? It's the blue/white/red LeMans racer with the gold/chrome BBS (?) rims :)

If you do could, you PM me with a few? I've never been able to find any on the web :worship:

hi mate, I have all the pics in hi-res still and many more I never got around to posting. I'm just about to move house again though so time is tight at the moment. give me a few weeks and I will get some out. in fact I'm going back to japan next month so I'll have some fresh pics too. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey Mr barron. you may not check this often. ive only just found this thread and ive only started to scim it.

do you have any detailed pics as such of the garage saurus gold GTR. i think it the one with the radiator in the back if im not mistaken?

Hey Damo, yeah I don't check often. I should have some pics of the gold Saurus car as I have sat in it before and made car noises. lol. Took lots of pics but sadly never been for a drive in it. BUT I have been out in Hayashi-san's (owner of Saurus) 1200hp DAILY R34 GTR. yes those numbers are correct (well at least according to him!).

When I get my old PC fired up again, I'll see what I can dig out for you.

• 1 month later...