SAU Community

Wiring Rb25 Into R32....help Needed For 2-3 Wires

Yes i have searched... spent a fair bit of time in fact but could not find any articles on wiring, plenty of info on the swap but not the wiring.

So is anyone able to help me out with accurate info on how to wire the 25 into the 32? Im after detailed info on what needs to go where.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by simon-ae86

I am doing this swap to at the moment. Im a bit stuck on the wireing and also need a bit of help.

Below are what I came up with this past week, they have helped me a ton but just not enough to finish the job. I think I got enough done to start the car but need better wireing information for the gauges. I should have it done shortly tho and will post better information thats more easy to understand but for now just take a look at the links below and they should help you out enough to get where I am:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...0swap&st=20

http://www.gweeds.net/carpage2/rb25diagram.jpg

This link doesnt get in too much detail but it does tell you some what how to do your wipper motor. On my wiper motor I just added the 6th wire to the R33 plug and then ran 5 wires to the area where the ecu is so I can pin them to the R32/A31 Car harness. The 6th wire is just a ground and is grounded in the harness:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=119865

If you guys figure anything else out that will help with this conversion post it up :rofl:

okay. I just got my car running 30 min's ago. On the S2 the injector wire is tapped into the black/red wire on the 32 plug in the eng bay so I just had to plum that one wire to the car and she started up. Once I got it running I did my tacho and temp gauge and then wired up my wippers.

Im thinking tomarow I should have time to do a write up with colors and locations of wires and pictures to show how I did it. I made everything with new plugs so if I wanted to drop a std engine and loom back in it will just un plug and plug in.

Stay tunned. Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey RB30 Ceffy did you get a chance to write up the info?

I used the links you posted and have wired up most of it, however stuck on the wiper wiring, the tutorial doesnt really clearly explain what to do with that orange wire.

also. to quote from that link

Sorry I didn't finish guys.. lol

SMJ = Super Multi Junction. Thats the big plug by the ECU on the Rb25 rather than have several small plugs like the R32.

EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation. I think he means the ACC valve?

Heater hose adaptors.. $5 ones from repco will do it. The size of the RB25 is large 19mm or so where the R32 size into the firewall is 16mm or so.

Now for the wires.. I didn't hook up A/C as there was none.

In the R32 engine bay there are 2 plugs by the passanger side headlight.

You use 3 wires from one of them only. The other plug is for an Auto.

The 3 wires on the R32 are (Black/Red, White/Purple, White/black) the 2 large ones, are for the power to relays etc, the White/Black is power to sensors etc.

Now in the same location there is a single plug that runs from the RB25DET. From this it is only the grey wire that is spliced into the Black/White on the R32 plug. This is power for the injectors.

Under the dash at the SMJ you need to run 3 good sized wires up to the 3 in the engine bay on the R32 plug.

There is a Red/Black, Red and a Black/White

R33---------------------------R32

Black/Red---------------->White/Purple

Red------------------------>Black/Red

Black/White-------------->White/Black. (has the grey injector wire also attached to it.)

This is all that is needed for the car to run.

Now you just need to attach water temp, fuel pump relay and tacho under the dash.

On the R32 under dash loom there are two plugs. The colours are similar.. you need to use the ones on the smaller or the two. 14pin. The other has 18.

R33----------------------------R32

Blue/Black ---------------->Blue/Black. Water Temp. ( you also need to use the RB25DET engine sender. (single wire)

Yellow/Blue---------------->Yellow/Red. Tacho

Black/Pink------------------>Black/Pink. Fuel pump.

The prob im having is that Black/White he talks about in the SMJ to join to to the White/Black... doesnt exist.. there is no Black/White in the R33 SMJ wiring... just two black wires and a white/Black so im wondering if this is a typo and should be white/black to white/black?

Edited by simon-ae86

On the wiper wiring just strip that section out of the rb20 loom and reinstall it. You can then remove all of the r33 wiper wiring from the rb25 loom to tidy it up. All you should need is a new power and possibly earth on that section, i just can't remember as it's been a while since i did the swap.

On the other bit, sorry mate, can't help you. Though it is common for nissan to use a black wire with a white stripe on switched ignition sources and red on constant battery voltage. White black sound like it may be the coil power but i'm guessing now, it could have been white blue. w/b and w/bl are for eccs and coils (i think) so both need power regardless.

Look into my thread on rb25 conversion in FAQ section.. down the bottom is what you need to do with the wiper wiring..

orange wire basically has to go back into engine bay and to r32 body loom, where there is also an orange wire.

Look into my thread on rb25 conversion in FAQ section.. down the bottom is what you need to do with the wiper wiring..

orange wire basically has to go back into engine bay and to r32 body loom, where there is also an orange wire.

i read and re read what you wrote about the orange wire and i still cant make much sence of it.. You might want to go into a little more detail as to where the wire has to come from. The R33 wiper plug has an orange wire on it, as you saying that i need to plice into this orange wire and then hook it up under the dash in one of the R32 body loom wires?

On the wiper wiring just strip that section out of the rb20 loom and reinstall it. You can then remove all of the r33 wiper wiring from the rb25 loom to tidy it up. All you should need is a new power and possibly earth on that section, i just can't remember as it's been a while since i did the swap.

On the other bit, sorry mate, can't help you. Though it is common for nissan to use a black wire with a white stripe on switched ignition sources and red on constant battery voltage. White black sound like it may be the coil power but i'm guessing now, it could have been white blue. w/b and w/bl are for eccs and coils (i think) so both need power regardless.

I would have done that except i sold my RB20 + loom as a package, so ive got nothing to work with lol,

The R33 wiper plug has an orange wire on it, as you saying that i need to plice into this orange wire and then hook it up under the dash in one of the R32 body loom wires?

That's exactly what you need to do. Find the orange wire in the r32 body loom near the ecu. It's a big fatty one. That goes to your wiper stalk in the car.

Now in the engine bay, you've got the R33 engine loom's "plug that fits" plugged direct into the wiper motor right? Now if you trace it, you'll notice those wires don't go anywhere to the SMJ connector - where do they go? To this second plug on the rb25 loom right nearby.

Do a continuity test and you'll see what I mean, and also look at the colour of wires. In the r33 obviously it connects to some other connector that comes out near the engine bay, but in R32 you want to instead run it back down again to the r32 body loom.

Therefore, chop the following 3 wires at this second plug, and connect them to the following. There is a ground (white/black), Red/blue which is 12v IGN source to the wiper motor (any IGN wire to hook that one up), and finally orange.. Orange is the the one that you have to feed back to near the ecu area.

ORANGE = wiper control

Red/blue = 12V ignition

White/black splotchy = ground

thanks mate, much appreciated! yeah i was trying to find the orange wire in the SMJ plug and i just couldnt find it! lol.

Any idea about my other prob with the white/black wires?

So far i have hooked up these wires

R33---------------------------R32

Black/Red---------------->White/Purple

Red------------------------>Black/Red

Black/White-------------->White/Black. (has the grey injector wire also attached to it.)

but i cant find the black/white anywhere in the SMJ, thre others i have and have cut into them and run wires up to the pass strut tower connection to power them up.

ORANGE = wiper control

Red/blue = 12V ignition

White/black splotchy = ground

Found the plug, except theres no white black, just a solid black on both the wiper plug and the one near by, which also has a small orange box plugged into it, im gathering i wont be needing this once i have chopped out the wires to use?

yeah, you can unplug the box - I wasn't sure whether you needed it, but it seems it doesn't do much. r32 seems to have a similar arrangement on the other side of the engine bay instead.

Black will probably be the ground, so maybe it's slightly different in yours.

I'd go out and check and take some photos, but its raining and my car is covered, etc.