SAU Community

Nizmo & Gtstvspec Are Engaged!

Nizmo

Troy can't believe you only live round here!! I didnt see you sorry then again i am one to walk around in a daydream :domokun:

Sooo im guessing you are speaking from experience huh? cmon spill the details!

No golf course for us we're getting married at Caversham House - Hidden Gardens Ceremony .... Marquee Reception :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hinting to Kym all the time but he wont even go ring shopping with me

HAHA well he's already given me an onion ring, so most you're going to get is a stale chewed up burger ring Dan :(

Congratulations Lauren and Paul!! How exciting for you guys :) Good luck with all the wedding plans Lauren - I'm a maid of honour for my friends wedding and I didn't realise how much planning of little things went into it :P

Troy can't believe you only live round here!! I didnt see you sorry then again i am one to walk around in a daydream :P

Sooo im guessing you are speaking from experience huh? cmon spill the details!

No golf course for us we're getting married at Caversham House - Hidden Gardens Ceremony .... Marquee Reception :closedeyes:

yeah me and the fiance are in ellenbrook, if u haven't tried oscars u gotta do it, especially the pork mingonettes and the mudcake with icecream dessert.

yeah we booked at a golf course, then they decided a golf tournament was more $$ to them and cancelled us and the couple who had them booked for the sat, we were on the sunday.

luckily they could fit us in the week before on the saturday, so instead of getting married on our anniversary date its the week before, quite sucky. had a mad scrable re organising photographers and videographers and other vendors, some were free some are already booked so we had to find new ones.

bit of stress and one very appologetic meeting with the venue and we are sorted. only 163 days to go eeek

with the kids its easier to go for lunch or like monday or tuesday dinner when its quieter.

yeah ended up needing a new photographer in the end all the rest of the vendors pulled strings or were already free so just swapped.

hard part was finding another photographer with the same deal. album, negatives, proof book, pre wedding shoot for a signable poster at the reception, dvd slide show to music and 5 large prints. we pay for any other prints at normal price etc, he shoots me getting ready, hel getting ready, the ceremony 2 hours for pictures, then he stays for the whole reception.

got all that for 2k. new guy we are still working out the specifics with but atleast hes booked and want be to much more $$

kids? geez things do move quickly in Troy land.

Troy - im off to nismogirl ... erins wedding next sunday - she has been having photographer drama's too. Time to ge thte fiancee to go all bridezilla on their ass haha.

We are attempting to organise an engagement party at the moment ..... my mother is hard work already - never thought id find a downside to being an only child .... it seems im wrong .... this is it.

We are attempting to organise an engagement party at the moment ..... my mother is hard work already - never thought id find a downside to being an only child .... it seems im wrong .... this is it.

hahaha Niz, MrGTST and me turned our engagement party into the wedding....both of our mothers were being hard work...all of the dramas and all of the issues that arise dont seem to matter when you finally get to the day ;)

Glad im not the only one then Kirstie. I can just about play the impending fight out in my head - mum makes a suggestion - i tactfully tell her why i dont want to use - mum gets cranky - i get cranky - mum calls me a spoilt brat because i want to do things the way i want and then reminds me who is paying for it- it'll be my 21st birthday party all over again but ten times worse ..... yay. Now i appreciate why paul wanted to elope but anyway with a lot of alcohol and cuddles from my man - i shall pervail!

kidz, there fiance's not mine.

don't talk about engagment parties ours isn't untill august this year, decided to have it at home and i'm only 50% through finishing the back yard eek. was a huge sand pit. patio is up retic is laid, just waiting on pavers to be delivered then can do the grass.

we decided to refinance the house so we could do the yard and pay for the wedding ourselves. was probably the best thing to do, as we've had full say in everything and not had to worry about people saying well we're paying for it so you do what we like not what you like etc. plus both sets of parents couldn't afford it. We budgetted 24k including the honeymoon. but we blew the budget on the honeymoon by 3k oopsy but what the hell its suppose to be fun.

News travels Lauren and Paul, Thought I would pop on and give my congradulations. Well done guys, i wish you a very happy life growing old together.

Your living in Ellenbrook? ive just moved there... might see you around :D

• 4 weeks later...

ur just lucky ur not marrying a Malay chick.

celebrations lasted for 4 days

got married on thursday, photos after photos on friday, reception on saturday with over a thousand guest and then another reception sunday for close friends and family.

• 2 weeks later...