SAU Community

Looking At Buying An R34 Gt-t From Sydney And Bringing It Home To Adelaide!

{AMO}

Hey Guys and Gals I am looking within the next month of flying over to sydney and picking myself up an R34 GTT and bringing it back home to Adelaide, anyone that has done this with jap cars b4 please post with ur experiences as to what is involved and any problems that may occurr i have been told by a few people that the process is quite simple and involves just a quick engine number etc check at a cop shop and your done.

any info at all would be much appreciated thanx guys!!!!

Aaron {AMO}

Edited by {AMO}

I bought my car from vic, all you got to do is get a identity check done if the car isn't registered in your name, i had mine done the Sturt cop shop and they weren't to bad there but there heaps picky about window tinting as long as the cars pretty stockish you should be fine

no you DONT have to go to Regency. well at least that was the case around 2yrs ago.

you can have it identified and inspected at the Sturt Road depot next to the police station..... on Tues and Thurs only between 9am and 3pm

make sure it is stock at time of identity inspection, have all your paperwork with you at the time, and it'll be fine.

Sturt cop shop does not offer this facility anymore and you have to go to the regency inspection centre at regency park.

It is a place arounf the corner from where they do the defects, and they will go over your car pretty well checking for leaks and the like.

If you have anything obviously defectablre you will not be able to get through, they are cracking down on this type of thing pretty heavily.

I had top take my 34 through there in november last year and got through fine with just an exhaust.

They questioned my window tint, but it is actually privacy glass, so they had to let me go.

It can be pretty nerve racking though.

Sturt cop shop does not offer this facility anymore and you have to go to the regency inspection centre at regency park.

It is a place arounf the corner from where they do the defects, and they will go over your car pretty well checking for leaks and the like.

If you have anything obviously defectablre you will not be able to get through, they are cracking down on this type of thing pretty heavily.

I had top take my 34 through there in november last year and got through fine with just an exhaust.

They questioned my window tint, but it is actually privacy glass, so they had to let me go.

It can be pretty nerve racking though.

Its not done at the cop shop it is done in the council depot next door on Wednesday's and Thursday's 9 - 3.30 with a lunch break at 12 - 12.30.

unfortunately i'm only authorized to do these identity check for vehicles going into our companies name otherwise i would be happy help out.

It is really easy and fast, they will check your tint and make you take off your front windows if it doesn't pass. You can stand around for a while if you go thee first thing in the morning. If you live out north regency would be just as easy, i haven't had any issues with any of these placed in the last 3 years i have been doing my job. but then again i only deal with Aussie delivered cars....

Why not get a SA R34 GTT..... ??

if you want to pay up to $5000 extra :thumbsup:

I flew to syd and drove the car back (make sure u get a 'cover note')

Regency took 10mins and gave it the ok, depends on the car of course

Edited by andz69

Got my 34gtt from victoria.. just went to regency (vehicle identity check)... had to be dead stock when presented. then went to rta with a slip saying i purchased from who and at what price and it was then in my name. pretty straight forward.

if you want to pay up to $5000 extra :)

I flew to syd and drove the car back (make sure u get a 'cover note')

Regency took 10mins and gave it the ok, depends on the car of course

What are they worth over there?

When I bought mine over from Sydney it just needed an ID check at Regency, but make sure your car has a green compliance plate in the engine bay.

Mine only had a black NSW Vehicle Modification plate, which doesn't count for anything in SA. So it had to go over the pits for a full inspection.

Just my experience, this was December 05.