SAU Community

Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide

I previously supplied an SAU member in WA and he was very happy with those redstuff... Too bad I myself only ever tried greenstuff, never tried red. Probably I can try chuck in some red on my wife's RAV4 but a RAV4 won't be driven hard so there's not really much advantage to it...

Edit: found it, I think his user is NO_RSPECT.

thanx mate.... so far everyone ive spoken to has reccomended green or red stuff.. so guess its red stuff for me, as on the EBC website they say "For heavier faster cars and vehicles above 200bhp we strongly recommend Redstuff which DOES offer much less dust" no point me chasing green

how much should i expect to pay for red stuff?

:rofl:

Edited by Malz34

If anyone wants to know, thought i might share some info......

EBC Red Stuff price for R34 GT-T

Brembo 4 pot Calipers - $240 Front

Standard Calipers - $220 Front

and about $200 on ebay but doesnt specify which type

:)

TRW Lucas by a long shot!

:rolleyes:

Have to agree with going the TRW Lucas pads. Just had a set installed all round with new DBA 4000 series slotted rotors up front and street series slotted for the rear while also putting in Motul DOT 5.1 fluid. I was a bit skeptical at first but the stopping power for the street is far more than adequate (possibly overkill) and thats even with my Nankangs and no ABS.. I personally don't know how well they go on the track or sprints but was assured they would hold up.

perhaps a simple table should be done.

Makes Type of Cars Price Usage (street/Track) Part Number Dust Level Quality Squeking Grips Harshness on rotors ETC

First choice would be the best " Bang for your buck" and second and so forth. So this thread will be the "ulitmate" reference for SAU.

Edited by stasis

• 2 weeks later...

I run slotted discs, RBF600 fluid and DS2500 in my FC RX7. Have only done one track day with this setup but really liked it, highly recommend the DS2500 :down: . Previously I had Bendix ultimates these handled track reasonably well I thought but pedal start to get really long towards end of session - this could have been a combination of unknown, god knows how old fluid and shitty discs though :thumbsup:

Edited by crazyboosta

Anyone tried Project Mu type NR pads? Im going to give thim a go matched with Project Mu SCR rotors.

My brother used project mu pads on his RX8. They're good pads for the circuit but heaps and heaps of brake dust. He's only had them on not even 1000km and his rims are all black...

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious anyone used the

SEI - Brake pads Type Street Spec

Features

- Designed for Street sports driving

- Carbon Metal (Asbestos free) construction

- Rotor Temperature of 0-500 degrees Celsius

- Fiction coefficient of 0.40-0.60

And how would you rate them for between 250 and 300 rwkws for a r33 gtst. im up for a set soon and for 284 a set (front and rear) delivered im tempted and yes main use would be medium to hard street with occasional mountain work.

Cheers

A

oh and sk. yes its got all the turning corners stuff that murry coote and terry Bosnjak can offer. our test driver scott flemming was very impressed. "you can just stand on them and modulate the pedal so easily without locking up"

so yeah our test day was ok. but il have to bill my boss for using my spare pads <_<

at wakie in my whale 182rwkw.hot summer day in january.

rotors: stock.*painted red stock callipers brakes heaps harder :blink: *

pads_front:rb74 rear:bendix advance

Fluid: castrol super response.

the braking was spongy.but they were allways there for me when i needed them.though it felt as though they were going to give up and i would go shooting off the end of the track when i was really pushing them.the pedal start to get really long towards end of every session (fadeing).definantly needs a cooling mod to the rotor veins.all in all though they never let me down by complete failure it was just a matter of finding the right time to brake so the car could be pulled up in time to make the corner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have advance on the front of the car atm,ditto rear,on the street and have used them at drifting days and texikhana.and they seem to be ok.though i would like them to start working there majic a bit earlier and with allot more bite sometimes.i dont really have a complaint.i wouldnt use them for a hard day at the track. :blink:

with more power though i would seriously consider a decent brake upgrade.calliper and rotor setup,before i hit the track.

• 3 weeks later...

Adding my 2 cents to this thread...

Was running Ferodo Excels - rubbish brake pad, you might as well run none at all!

New Brake Pads are Bendix Ultimates, wow what a difference, would definately reccomend them, Not overly expensive either

FYI was running same brake fluid on both pads, Castrol .4

Using the DS2500's from Ferodo and have to say they are a GREAT pad. Got a track day coming up on Monday so hopefully they will shine on the track as well. From what I've heard, it won't be a problem :spank: