SAU Community

More Digital Photography Tips - Post Processing

pixel8r

Hmmm some useful stuff on here. One last and VERY important thing -

Save your .JPG file as a .tiff or .psd (photoshop format). These wont degrade in quality every time you save your file. JPGs will!

Oh, if your using newish photoshop, you can also save in JPG2000! which is also lossless and much smaller on your hard drive!

Edited by x8slider

• 7 months later...

Also remember, photoshop is great for colour contrast and gradients.

Use the gradient tool to create nice dark edges and mask them into the focal point.

There is also a popular 'photo filter' in the adjustment layers to give off a nice colour tone over the photo.

If you are quick and handy with the eraser tool, you can also duplicate your layer and cut out your focal point and give your background a nice gaussian blur.

Most importantly, you can easily remove imperfections in seconds or create whole new backgrounds with your clone tools.

If anyone gets really into it, and is stuck on the photoshop level, I am happy to help, just send me a pm (I spend about 5+ hrs a day on photoshop for the past 6 or so years /cries... work - www.mezmamedia.com)

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have been wondering how to go about image editing in Photoshop.

n5UpAuj.jpg

The problem with this picture here is that the contrast is fine for the background but not for the car. The paint looks too bright and you can't see the lines or structure of the car. I dialled up the exposure so that the tyre smoke would be more visible, and also because it made the background look better. My question is how would I be able to keep the car in its original low exposure while keeping the background exposure high?

N2A78Mo.jpg

This was the original image, as you can see the car looks a lot better but at the cost of a poorer looking background and less emphasis on the smoke.

• 3 weeks later...