SAU Community

Rb Block And Head Weight?

As the topic states im curious about engine weight, full block and head weights with or without ancillaries attached. Just to give some idea of actual weight without me having to lift the stuff onto a set of scales.

I know this probably isnt the right section for this either, but ill chuck it in anyway. R32 skylines gtst only, how light have people gotten them down to? Probably thinking more so of race car stuff rather then road cars. But either way it will all help.

Cheers.

Please ignore flyfink. Thats my old man being an old fool!

only 100kg rev210. I would have thought a little more, but then again i spose with manifolds and all maybe 130-140kgs. I really should weigh it all myself...and then everyone else will know.

Please ignore flyfink. Thats my old man being an old fool!

only 100kg rev210. I would have thought a little more, but then again i spose with manifolds and all maybe 130-140kgs. I really should weigh it all myself...and then everyone else will know.

might be 100-110 or so but, this changes when down at the pub to 200kg :rofl:

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Epic bump, but better than starting a new thread...

Anyone know how much an rb20 long motor with manifolds and turbo on would weigh?

Need to get one shipped on a pallet, so im thinking if i said 300kg that would be about right?

Any help would be great.

bare rebuilt long motor in metal framed box was 160kg, i'll put short motor weight around the 120kg mark as i've sent a rb26 head with out manifolds before and it was 40or so kg.

rb26 gtr gearbox weighs 110kg complete with transfer case.

all up fully assembled with manifolds and gearbox and sump i'm guessing an rb26 comes in around the 330-350kg, make probaly around the 300 even mark for rb25 as the gearbox is only about 70kg. and sump weighs 2kg instead of 15kg(including diff).

all up fully assembled with manifolds and gearbox and sump i'm guessing an rb26 comes in around the 330-350kg, make probaly around the 300 even mark for rb25 as the gearbox is only about 70kg. and sump weighs 2kg instead of 15kg(including diff).

I was afraid it would be pushing the 300, cheers...