SAU Community

How Much Does Dyno Tune Cost?

GME_OVA R34

I've heard too many bad stories about Tilbrooks, and too many good stories about Boost Worx!

Boost Worx quoted me about $400 to install my powerfc and do a full dyno tune, Shaun is very fair and wont rip you off.

I know its not a tune, but these were quotes for 100k service:

Boostworx ~$600

Hi-Tech ~$800

And the clencher

Tilbrook's ~$1250 !!!!!

You make up your mind about value for money

yeah i was the same Lee when i needed my timing belt done

Tilbrooks = $1200ish could of been more - didnt include water pump

Manta Racing = $800 - now if it was out of Steve @ Manta or Tilbrooks Manta wins

Boostworx = $620 - included everything

yeah i was the same Lee when i needed my timing belt done

Tilbrooks = $1200ish could of been more - didnt include water pump

Manta Racing = $800 - now if it was out of Steve @ Manta or Tilbrooks Manta wins

Boostworx = $620 - included everything

Wow... that much difference... i know where i'll be going when it comes up then. Does Boostworx do other things as well? Like boost gauge, controller, exhaust. Like a one stop shop?

Wow... that much difference... i know where i'll be going when it comes up then. Does Boostworx do other things as well? Like boost gauge, controller, exhaust. Like a one stop shop?

Yeh mate Shaun and Troy do the lot! I'm closeish to them so its good, BUT even with those sorta savings its worth booking in early with Boostworx AND make the drive from the North!

the guys at tilbrook are fk witz it was 400 for a dyno tune and i got them to make a bracket for my pod and take out some hoses and he said around 450 for it all done, so i went along with it wen i went to pick up my car he said 720! i was liek wtf? then i look at the receipt and they charged me like 50bucks for taking off my front bar 25 bucks to make a bracket when it cost liek 5 bucks to do and all this other lil shit added up piss mee off

Edited by GME_OVA R34

I don't think it matters where you go, you should always double check with them the final price and make them agree to that so they don't add on any extras. Get them to give you a definite final price not a ballpark figure or estimate. Unless of course you've got deep pockets and are rolling in it, not here though :O

I don't think it matters where you go, you should always double check with them the final price and make them agree to that so they don't add on any extras. Get them to give you a definite final price not a ballpark figure or estimate. Unless of course you've got deep pockets and are rolling in it, not here though :O

Tilbrooks are well known for upping the figure upon finishing the job, so a firm price isnt a price to them.

the guys at tilbrook are fk witz it was 400 for a dyno tune and i got them to make a bracket for my pod and take out some hoses and he said around 450 for it all done, so i went along with it wen i went to pick up my car he said 720! i was liek wtf? then i look at the receipt and they charged me like 50bucks for taking off my front bar 25 bucks to make a bracket when it cost liek 5 bucks to do and all this other lil shit added up piss mee off

i really don't understand y u bother posting on sau. You asked for recommendations and everyone told u what they thought, so you said ok i'll go to boostworx. you then still go to the place everyone told u not to and get burnt, no sympathy here!

then in the intercooler thread you said um i have no money so i'll get a cheaper just jap cooler then u get back on that night saying you'd just bought an $1100 blitz cooler, mmmmmmmmmmmm???????????

y am i starting to think you're a 13 year old kid with nothing better to do?

tool!

What. A. Tool. please sell your R34 to someone that will take care of it properly and take it to the right places. Furthermore, I concur with rbman. Why ask us where should you go when all your gonna do is waste our time by giving you good advice and places to go to.

Boostworx all the way, you have learnt.

Tilbrooks are well known for upping the figure upon finishing the job, so a firm price isnt a price to them.

What i meant was that something like a dyno should be at a set price, y should you be paying anymore for something that really is rather simple. Will agree with you about tilbrooks though, definitely not disagreeing with you there!