SAU Community

Whats The Biggest Low Mounted Twin Turbo Setup For A Gtr

hi guys thinking of building my rb26 with a step 3 hks 2.8 kit and want around 700awhp and would like to stick with the standard low mount twin system i current had twin garrett 2860 with 540awhp and my oil pump went bang and narded the motor so is the biggest turbos that are still standard low mounts the trust 618z and does any 1 no how much power this will make as i want the most response with minumal lag

Most response with minimal lag does not work with ~520rwkw im afraid.

It never has, and never will.

I don't even think you'd be able to make 500rwkw with the 618s. Or any other low mount for that matter on PULP :)

As 2860's and 400rwkw is a little bit over what everyone else comes close to making. So i think your reading there which was high is confusing the possibilities of it all.

Your probably looking at a large 900-1000hp single, or highmounted larger twins if you want ~520rwkw.

what do twin GT-RS make?

I'm at 580 awhp with my GT-RS terbs and 100% injector duty with 26 odd psi. This is also fairly conservative ignition timing.

I'd say that with ample fueling and more aggressive timing, you should be able to get in the order of 620 to 630 awhp with these terbs on 98 octane pump fuel. This assumes head porting, long duration/high lift cams etc.

hi guys thinking of building my rb26 with a step 3 hks 2.8 kit and want around 700awhp and would like to stick with the standard low mount twin system i current had twin garrett 2860 with 540awhp and my oil pump went bang and narded the motor so is the biggest turbos that are still standard low mounts the trust 618z and does any 1 no how much power this will make as i want the most response with minumal lag

I gather the 2860's are the -10's?

not to sure on sizes will double check with serial numbers just running twin 400hp garret turbos at 1.6 bar 540awhp very responsive. so i think some people mite be not seeing the possibiltys of this setup. alot of guys a running hks 25/30 to 540 rwhp including myself in a cefiro so this isnt even pushing it to the max 1.8 bar that i could in my gtr

Edited by danoz

-10's correct...

they are rated to support 400hp each...800hp in total.

This is at the motor, and not possible obviously if you have stock everything..

Your set up was probably with -10's already.

The HKS 2.8 stroker kit + the cams would have been very responsive...shame the whole thing went bang due to the oil pump.

Which type of turbo are you running?

As for the biggest low mounts for a gtr..I was sure the -10's were...I will look it up and get back to you.

Cheers

I don't even think you'd be able to make 500rwkw with the 618s. Or any other low mount for that matter on PULP :)

As 2860's and 400rwkw is a little bit over what everyone else comes close to making. So i think your reading there which was high is confusing the possibilities of it all.

Your probably looking at a large 900-1000hp single, or highmounted larger twins if you want ~520rwkw.

I have seen custom low mount td06's/T67's and twin GT3037s....but the T618z are close to being the largest kit, tomei do one also but i cant remmeber the specs. I have seen just shy of 500rwkw with T618z's but require lots of head work.. a single is cheaper and easier...

Edited by URAS

Does this help?

thanks mate this was great... just to stat my setup was a built rb26 with twin low mount 2871rs - 10 with all the usually head a other upgrades was running 1.6 bar with 540awhp.

now im goin to build a 2.8l hks stoker so i want 650-700 awhp i loved the last setup was great all in originals posistion and hade very minimal lag.

so i want another 100 awhp but dont think my current setup with turbos will do this but if i go a big single like a hks to4z im affraid of getting to much lag. so that is why i would like to stay with the twin low setup so any idea people would be great it is a street track car so i dont want lag so any info would be sewwt people and thanks for the help so far

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I was aware, my current setup is as big as you can low-mount.

I've got twin HKS 2835's with internal gates.

Compressor housing is apparently exactly the same as the GT-RS but exhaust housing is somewhat bigger.

to the best of my memory the biggest off the shelf low mount kit for GTR is either one of the tomei kits, or the apexi kits. I thinking the apexi ones. have a look into those if big low mount power is what you crave. but it has to be said HKS GT-RS on a 2.8 will be a pretty nice set-up and easily breeze past 400awkw with all the right bits in place to get it there.

• 9 years later...
On 10/06/2007 at 0:56 AM, R31Nismoid said:

Super Dig out 
But my RB26/30 runs 716whp on E85 with bumped up comp.
gets boost at 1700rpm and runs 10.3 on street tyres, stock box & without a burnout.
Excited to get on the MT this year with a burnout.