SAU Community

The Wacky Wagons Thread

Stinky Rooster

OK, due to the fact that the Stagea is such an unusual vehicle, I have decided to start a thread covering other wacky wagons. I have had a (rather unhealthy) obsession with wagons for a long time and I thought now would be a good place to share some of the oddball creations I have come up with. Feel free to post up links / pics of any others you have found – particularly the Mini Traveller Estate I keep hearing rumours about, but have never seen (no, I don’t mean Bonspeed’s concept)

First up, the Mustang wagon!

carlifewagon.jpg

estatewagon2.jpg

Or, how about a V12 Lamborghini?

330gt_05.jpg

330gt_03.jpg

330gt_11.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bv_kloepfel1.jpg

Ferrari 250GTO "Breadvan"

In 1961 Count Giovanni Volpi wanted to race a 250 GTO but Enzo Ferrari refused to sell him one. Se he took a 250 GT SWB and modified it to GTO specifications. At the same time he had Piero Drogo clothe it with a body designed by Giotto Bizzarrini and based on the aerodynamic theories of Dr. Wunibald Kamm. The car was 6 inches lower than a 250 GTO. In spite of a higher top speed, it was only moderately successful. Best placements were a 2nd at the 1961 Tour de France and a 3rd at the Monthlerey 1000-Kilometers. However, with its nickname "Breadvan" (Camionette in France), it became world famous.

Porsche 924 built by DM Motorsports in Germany

924_06.jpg

*edit - this car isn't actually a wagon. Because it only has 2 side doors, in Europe it is known as a "shooting brake" and no, I don't know why either

1976_Cadillac_Castilian.jpg

Check this out! Remember this thing the next time you winge about the fuel economy of your Stagea. :thumbsup: This is a 1976 Cadillac Castilian. Its 19.5 feet long (9.2m), weighs 5500 pounds (2500kg!!!!!) and was powered by a carbie fed 500ci V8.

Updated current model Ford Mustang

ford_mustang_shooting_brake.jpg

For all of us Skyline and Stagea drivers who are/were Corolla drivers, how about the good ol' Tercel/Corolla 4WD?

vgv_1121086212_tercel1.jpg

ty1983tercel01.jpg

larsc_wagon03.jpg

Bil%20Corolla%204WD%202002.jpg

The Pontiac Solstice:

EDAG_Soltice_3.jpg

The Audi Shooting Brake concept (yep, its official name):

Audi-Shooting-Brake-Concept_rear.jpg

Audi-Shooting-Brake-Concept.jpg

0510_tokyo_01%202006_audi_shooting_brake%20front_side_view.jpg

414831db619ba8c1e9710990b0584848_1.jpg

The Renault Altica:

26brake_slideone.jpg

The Porsche 924:

924_Turbo_Break.jpg

FYI - the Sultan of Brunei has had HEAPS of custom cars made up by all the big makers, and quite a few of them are Shooting Brake/Estate/wagon versions of supercars and luxury cars... Lucky bastard!

2004nomad.jpg

2004 Chevy Nomad Concept Wagon.

metwagon.jpeg

Metropolitan wagon custom. Nash never manufactured a Metropolitan wagon, although two concept wagons were built.

weird_wagon.jpg

rolls_royce_estate_1.jpg

rolls_royce_estate_2.jpg

school1.jpg

TruckWagon.jpg

hoodri1.jpg

not a wagon... but still, BLING!