SAU Community

Money Money Money

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read your post from start to finish. 

Good to see the progress from start to finish. 

Did you go bigger in the injectors from the 800 odd cc ones. 

I have a similar setup with the gtx3582r and 1000cc injectors with a 3l built bottom end ported neo head s2 pon cams.

Currently on run in tune. 5000 rpm limit  14psi i see 349rwhp so 260rwkw with no timing as had a problem with the tps. On pump 98. When its run in i will be throwing bigger injectors at it  ew ecu instead of the nistune. 

Hopefully see around 480 to 520 on pump and 600ish on e85. Still debating on the e85. 

All built by myself. Including my own exhaust manifold and 3.5 inch dump pipe and 3 exhaust that i made. 

Bare in mind i have it in a lc gtr torana that tips the scales at 1057kgs. 

20160808_163908.jpg

Resized_20160909_141859.jpeg

20160921_190821.jpg

DSC_8294-Edit.jpg

• Like 2

Injectors are rotchester 1000cc that flow 1090cc .the e85 road is a good one but its best to keep up your maintenence and not the best to leave your car sitting around for long periods . Also found once you start climbing higher coil packs and harnesses need to be good order .

But with the weight of your car you will shit your self the first couple of times you hit it ...lol if you get a chance to run a 1000 meter event you have some fun in that car.

My next step once i find my other problem out is to run nos again so that 500kw that marko is talking about be achievable i hope . Good luck with the let us know how you go.

12 hours ago, lcxu105 said:

Just read your post from start to finish. 

Good to see the progress from start to finish. 

Did you go bigger in the injectors from the 800 odd cc ones. 

I have a similar setup with the gtx3582r and 1000cc injectors with a 3l built bottom end ported neo head s2 pon cams.

Currently on run in tune. 5000 rpm limit  14psi i see 349rwhp so 260rwkw with no timing as had a problem with the tps. On pump 98. When its run in i will be throwing bigger injectors at it  ew ecu instead of the nistune. 

Hopefully see around 480 to 520 on pump and 600ish on e85. Still debating on the e85. 

All built by myself. Including my own exhaust manifold and 3.5 inch dump pipe and 3 exhaust that i made. 

Bare in mind i have it in a lc gtr torana that tips the scales at 1057kgs. 

20160808_163908.jpg

Resized_20160909_141859.jpeg

20160921_190821.jpg

DSC_8294-Edit.jpg

That is a very nice conversion but I am biased as well as I have a soft spot for toranas :)

17 minutes ago, Marko R1 said:

That is a very nice conversion but I am biased as well as I have a soft spot for toranas :)

Old school engines are becoming increasingly harder to get. And the power i wanted i will never get from a holden 6

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lcxu105 said:

Old school engines are becoming increasingly harder to get. And the power i wanted i will never get from a holden 6

Great justification, can't beat technology

• Like 2

Just in case warlord fyi bosch do a 1250cc injector too. Found them today while checking out other stuff. mtq sell them  $108.9 including gst i might get a set myself just incase i do go flex fuel. 

• 1 year later...

yer car is still around just haven't had time to play with it ... I am thinking of reconnecting the nos again with a 75 shot  for something to do but i know the clutch will die. need to find a new clutch,

That will be clutch number 6 since 2006 . ive tried so many types now and only found the jim berry to have lasted my abuse i should of keep it.

2 hours ago, WARLORD said:

yer car is still around just haven't had time to play with it ... I am thinking of reconnecting the nos again with a 75 shot  for something to do but i know the clutch will die. need to find a new clutch,

That will be clutch number 6 since 2006 . ive tried so many types now and only found the jim berry to have lasted my abuse i should of keep it.

may use the nitrous to only get the turbo  on, as a form of anti-lag - would make it like a V8

You still on a single plate? maybe have a chat with Scott at Western Clutch in St Mary and pop in a twin plate.

got a os str twin and i think i have over heated the pressure plate  after killing a lambo and a mclaren  

are they good rebuilding clutches 

Edited by WARLORD

3 hours ago, WARLORD said:

got a os str twin and i think i have over heated the pressure plate  after killing a lambo and a mclaren  

are they good rebuilding clutches 

They have the right tools to do what you dream of, they have a clutch pressure plate testing tool as well!

I've got a Exedy clutch modified by them to clamp 1.7 tons with a carbotic disc and the pedal effort is like a stock manual Corolla.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...