SAU Community

V35 Skyline, What Do You Know?

I think we need a thread where people can post about the different models of V35 Skylines.

So what do you have? what engine? gearbox, spec level (eg leather, sunroof, dvd screen)

How are they for fuel and performance? Whats insurance like? same with compliance who does it in australi?

There isn't much info out there and I certainly want to learn more about one before i start looking to buy one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just bought a 2003 V35 350GT yesterday!! so excited, but also a bit nervous that i bit the bullet finally.. i pick it up dext weekend from the dealer

2003 with 25,000kms

5sp auto with tiptronic

silver duco with black interior

black leather with suede inserts on seats

stock 17" 6-spoke wheels / no spoiler - thinking of putting my volk challenge f-zero 18" rims on if they will fit

bose stereo

electric seats

tinted windows

reversing camera

sat nav and TV (does not work yet obviously)

all the crap that comes with that model like traction control, 8 airbags, ABS, dual climate control, 6-stacker CD with steering controls, etc.

i've been looking on g35driver.com for heaps of info but we should get this section up and running as an even better resource

my only 2 real questions at this stage are

1) are the wheelsthe same offset and stud pattern as previous skylines (so, will my 18's fit on the G35?)

2) what parts from the 350z are compatible? i've been reading that the whole exhaust is the same (thus making it easier to get exhausts here in oz) not to mention the engine and gearbox...

Warren.

Edited by WazR32GTSt

Congrats on your purchase! 8 airbags???

1) are the wheelsthe same offset and stud pattern as previous skylines (so, will my 18's fit on the G35?)

2) what parts from the 350z are compatible? i've been reading that the whole exhaust is the same (thus making it easier to get exhausts here in oz) not to mention the engine and gearbox...

1) I wanted to keep my 18x9.5backs and 18x8.5 fronts off my r33 so I tried it. The stud pattern is the same. The backs fit fine, but they don't look right(I think the arches are a lot bigger on the v35). The fronts however wouldn't clear the suspension at all. So no good if yours are the same size.

2) The whole brake assembly is the same as 350z. I successfully changed my discs and brakes to 350z brakes and rotors.

Guys, we should probably make new threads about questions we would like answered rather than having them all in one thread.

Edited by -= SKiZO =-

2002 with 45,000kms

GT350-8

8sp CVT with tiptronic paddles on steering column

Pearl White duco

Black leather/suede interior

Premium Rims 17" wheels (have since fitted 20" rims)

Rear spolier

Bose stereo with Sat Nav & pop-up screen

Gigabeat Mp3 player feeding into stereo and screen

Electric seats

Rear tinted windows - privacy glass ultra dark

Traction control, 8 airbags, ABS, dual climate air con, 6-stacker CD with steering controls, etc.

gt3506.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been dealing with these for a couple of years so we have worked them out well when it comes to mods, Sat Nav and those little things you find out after time.

More to come as it is getting late............

Mine is a 350-GT with factory fitted Getrag 6 speed manual (one of two in AUS to my knowledge, got to love ADR 79), got the Wise Sports 19's fitted, 350Z lowered springs, OEM clear indicators, VIP front window Tint, Nismo Struts, 350Z induction pipe, K&N filter element and a full Borla Stainless Exhaust.

mypic80.png

mypic82.png

mypic81.png

Edited by DRIFTT

The V35, to my knowledge, has the same sized wheel wells as the 350Z....which will make them much deeper than a non-GTR R-Series Skyline.

2) what parts from the 350z are compatible?

350Z-Tech's V35 / Z33 Compatibility List

The V35 is a longer car, so the exhaust is not the same. Everything up to the cats is the same though.

Engine and gearbox should be near identical, although apparently the intake tube on the 350Z is a bit more free flowing.

Suspension is identical.

Brakes are identical.

Edited by scathing

Great thread! I'm looking to buy one as well since the last time i saw a white one on the road! Just wondering how much do they usually go for??

what about the nav/tv, how can u make it work ?

This is the Sedan wheel fitment chart.

Sedan_Wheel_Fitment_Chart.jpg

That makes them far narrower than the 350Z. I can fit a 10.5" +22 with 275 width tyres on the back without rolling the guards.

Any chance of digging up a similar chart for the V35 coupes?

2003 with 21,000kms

5sp auto tiptronic

Silver duco with black interior

19" Nismo LMGT4 Black Mags (For sale - $4,000neg)

IMPUL Garage Catback Exhaust (Sounds UNREAL)

Upgraded ECU (unknown brand fitted by IMPUL garage)

Tein Suspension (dumped approx 2inches)

Sunroof

Aftermarket Panasonic DVD/Sat Nav/TV (still in Japanese, will be getting it converted shortly)

Bose 10 speaker stereo

Electric seats

Limo tinted windows

Xeon's

Infiniti G35 Badging

What an AMAZING car. Nissan have really outdone themselves. You cant get anything else close to this car for under $100,000.

Edited by ScottKing GTS-4

2003 with 21,000kms

5sp auto tiptronic

Silver duco with black interior

19" Nismo LMGT4 Black Mags (For sale - $4,000neg)

IMPUL Garage Catback Exhaust (Sounds UNREAL)

Upgraded ECU (unknown brand fitted by IMPUL garage)

Tein Suspension (dumped approx 2inches)

Sunroof

Aftermarket Panasonic DVD/Sat Nav/TV (still in Japanese, will be getting it converted shortly)

Bose 10 speaker stereo

Electric seats

Limo tinted windows

Xeon's

Infiniti G35 Badging

What an AMAZING car. Nissan have really outdone themselves. You cant get anything else close to this car for under $100,000.

Yep, probably the best balanced car I have driven in a while, goes, stops, corners with equal performance and very comfortable but still sporty to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Mines a CPV35 350GT Coupe, 6MT '04 model, 15,000k's, Bayside Blue with full genuine impul bodykit

Came with factory 18's, Project Mu Brake pads, Cat BackDidnt get the TV thing in the dash but my rear seats have leather trim, so does everything else but the front seats are trimmed in seude sp*?? seems odd...

Ive since added A Pioneer indash 6 stak DVD CD Double din headunit with bluetooth add on

NIS035 Plates

Extractors should be here this week, then i will make myself a full twin system for it

Currently Shopping for sway bars coilovers, Brake Upgrade and some decent semi slicks to wrap my 18 by 9 drift R's in for track work.

post-3649-1184112146_thumb.jpg

nice, NA_R33.. did you paint it here or was it painted n japan?

also, what brand extractors did you get and where did you order them from?

i'm keen to throw a set of extractors and maybe a Y-pipe on the stock cat-back to see how that goes for the time being...

Sweeeet as, very nice mate.

Did you get a Double DIN Dash conversion kit? Do you mind if I ask how much it was and where you got it?

Thanks very much mate, nice G35!!!

Hey guys,

Mines a CPV35 350GT Coupe, 6MT '04 model, 15,000k's, Bayside Blue with full genuine impul bodykit

Came with factory 18's, Project Mu Brake pads, Cat BackDidnt get the TV thing in the dash but my rear seats have leather trim, so does everything else but the front seats are trimmed in seude sp*?? seems odd...

Ive since added A Pioneer indash 6 stak DVD CD Double din headunit with bluetooth add on

NIS035 Plates

Extractors should be here this week, then i will make myself a full twin system for it

Currently Shopping for sway bars coilovers, Brake Upgrade and some decent semi slicks to wrap my 18 by 9 drift R's in for track work.

Cheers guys, mine already had a double din slot in the dash? im guessing because it didnt get the stock NAV/TV system..

No it came bayside blue special order from the factory "apparently" doesnt appear to have been resprayed, and it still has the protective plastic stuff on the door sills.

The extractors are a no name brand, but for 350 US delivered i couldnt go past them. got them from this place http://www.hiprospeed.com/ there an ebay store. Should hopefully have the exhaust on before i take it to the strip ill let you guys know how it goes.

Cheers guys, mine already had a double din slot in the dash? im guessing because it didnt get the stock NAV/TV system..

No it came bayside blue special order from the factory "apparently" doesnt appear to have been resprayed, and it still has the protective plastic stuff on the door sills.

The extractors are a no name brand, but for 350 US delivered i couldnt go past them. got them from this place http://www.hiprospeed.com/ there an ebay store. Should hopefully have the exhaust on before i take it to the strip ill let you guys know how it goes.

Are you going to do the full system? Ive just got an IMPUL Garage catback system, cant vouch for the power increase as I never drove it without the exhaust but the sound is UNREAL. Its the nicest sounding 6 cylinder Ive ever heard.