SAU Community

V35 Skyline, What Do You Know?

Are you going to do the full system? Ive just got an IMPUL Garage catback system, cant vouch for the power increase as I never drove it without the exhaust but the sound is UNREAL. Its the nicest sounding 6 cylinder Ive ever heard.

Ditto!! Dont know what sort of cat back is on mine but it sounds unreal! they have that real supercar type sound to them, super smooth and refined.

Yeah ill be doing a full twin system 2 1/4" i think atm with twin metal cats... i can do the fabrication but ill be talking to my exhaust guy first to nut out the finer points... e.g. inclusion of x pipe, resonators, mufflers etc..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003 silver with 38800km

19's Rays 99B

simota cold air intake

nismo oil filler cap

full led interior lights

kakimoto cat back system with custom y pipe (dyno test gained 6.5 hp)

factory style spolier

06 upgarde headlight projector (on the way)

gialla girll

10% tinted

tein s-tech with tokico shocks (not installed yet)

p.s love to hear more v35 owners sharing any performance mods!!!

Edited by spikey

I have fitted a Borla Exhaust and I have taken the CAT'S out to free it up a bit more, most people are fitting US origin Extractor's but since they are made for LHD the odd problem has happened when fitting.

I am told but don't quote me but the JDM ones are not as good due to JASMA laws and I do think the US origin exhausts are better value and a nicer fit on the car.

POD filters make the bottom end a bit dead as I fitted one but went back to the OEM air box with a K&N filter.

I have fitted a Borla Exhaust and I have taken the CAT'S out to free it up a bit more, most people are fitting US origin Extractor's but since they are made for LHD the odd problem has happened when fitting.

I am told but don't quote me but the JDM ones are not as good due to JASMA laws and I do think the US origin exhausts are better value and a nicer fit on the car.

POD filters make the bottom end a bit dead as I fitted one but went back to the OEM air box with a K&N filter.

I absolutely forgot about the LHD thing... though i did compare them to a set of aus made ones and they look very similar... if they dont fit ill just modify them... ill let u guys know how it goes... for 324 bucks delivered its still a cheaper option.. the collectors are better than the $1000+ locally available options... didnt catch the brand of them though...

Do u have contact with anyone that has fitted us headers??

I absolutely forgot about the LHD thing... though i did compare them to a set of aus made ones and they look very similar... if they dont fit ill just modify them... ill let u guys know how it goes... for 324 bucks delivered its still a cheaper option.. the collectors are better than the $1000+ locally available options... didnt catch the brand of them though...

Do u have contact with anyone that has fitted us headers??

It isn't much of a problem just like most things not a perfect fit but for the price they are worth it, C-Red have fitted a few set's so if it was that much trouble they wouldn't fit them.

How's the borla exhaust?

i understand that its quite loud.. one of the loudest available according to the americans...

They are loud when you give it a good boot but they have a nice note to them that isn't a droney sound like most JDM exhausts, Jeff fitted a couple of JDM ones to cars including his GT-8 but it was loud and the drone was shocking so all they fit now is Borla exhausts, I personally know of 2 people with coupes and 1 with a sedan who are all happy with the system.

I started with the exhaust and OEM CAT's, I took the CAT's out for a few weeks later then a few weeks later I fitted the pod filter and 350Z inlet pipe with the pod only lasting a few days, I didn't do it all in one hit and my wife doesn't think it is loud which is the key, I will fit extractors one day but I just haven't got around to it.

Question for you guys..

Firstly, does anyone's V35 automatically close the sunroof and/or windows if you leave them open and lock the doors?

Second - does anyone know how to tell if you have a Bose system or the standard sound?

Thanks in advance

Not sure on the sunroof/windows, but most aftermarket alarms can have this feature wired in.

The BOSE headunits, actually say BOSE on them.

Cheers

Bobby

the standard alarm doesn't have the auto window-up feature :D

but the does automatically fold in the mirrors when you lock the doors! and it re-opens them when you turn the key :D

also, as mentied, it says "bose" on the rear speakers and on the headunit on the flap where the tapes are supposed to go

Do all v35's swing the mirrors back when you jump out?

On my Premium Sedan they do once you lock the doors, if I set them to do that they also tilt down when I select reverse, there is a seperate button for that down near the VDC button.

On my Premium Sedan they do once you lock the doors, if I set them to do that they also tilt down when I select reverse, there is a seperate button for that down near the VDC button.

You have a late model, right? Don't think the earlier ones do that...

Well.... don't I feel jipped... lol. But i swear i remember on g35driver they said that the feature only comes with some option...

Tempted http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152978 I find it handy to save scrubbing my rims when reversing near curbs. I have a bypass switch so I can switch it on and off theone in the link has a different method it seems.

Where exactly and what does this button look like? Mine is a Premium 2003 and has the reverse camera.