SAU Community

'sports Racks' Have To Go

rb26stagea

Hi guys - just a quick one - what's the easiest way to ditch the sports racks - you know, the soccer-mum roof rail things. I want a smooth, colour coded roof on my car - was there a stagea variant that came out without them that I could pilfer from, or is there any aftermarket trim pieces available locally?? I don't really want to have to have new metal welded in if I can help it - too expensive for an aesthetic modification....

opinions?

Muchos Gracias!

Yeah, there are trim pieces available, but I dunno where you would get them. I am pretty sure Andy (EGA4IT) had them on his beast so maybe he could help? I seem to remember that they are the same colour as the rails though, so if you want them colour coded you may have to get them painted.

Yeah, there are trim pieces available, but I dunno where you would get them. I am pretty sure Andy (EGA4IT) had them on his beast so maybe he could help? I seem to remember that they are the same colour as the rails though, so if you want them colour coded you may have to get them painted.

Thanks mate, will see what I can find - easy enough to get a couple of pieces of plastic sprayed....

dude, embrace the racks

i have a basket and another set of crossrails on my stag lol

Ah yes: It's a Zen thing.... The racks DO keep the Fuzz from hassling me, but they clash with the huge brakes/lumpy idle motif I've gone for with the rest of the car - they just look so sleek when lowered without the racks - They've gotta go...

east bear in japan made carbon fibre and fibreglass covers to cover the holes left by the racks dont know if they are still produced. I think powerplay imports is an east bear distributor maybe give them a call

my rail covers were carbon fibre

• 3 weeks later...
east bear in japan made carbon fibre and fibreglass covers to cover the holes left by the racks dont know if they are still produced. I think powerplay imports is an east bear distributor maybe give them a call

east bear don't make them any more. the only item they list in their current catalogue for stageas is a S2 carbon bonnet.

and don't bother with powerplay unless you have the patience of a saint. a saint who makes rollies with $50 bills.

Justin...