SAU Community

Sau Vic - Drag Times And Results

paulr33

Heathcote 12/6/11

With 260awkw and a shitty clutch I finally managed a 12.2 @ ~110mph & 1.9 60footer - Man it was hard to launch out of the gates without bogging/frying clutch, but I finally managed a sub 13 Ash and got in DEEP!

Your car looked awesomely quick BTW - I don't think Heathcote was the place to get the full potential out of your car, at least we got shitloads of runs in!

12.2 in the end? FARK! Nice mate

Where did you find that whole second? :D

I ended up with 11.57 @ 121mph

1.78-1.90 60ft

I think the timing is farked @ Heathcote as my MPH was way down.

Will go to Calder in 2 weeks and find out the true story and hopefully get some better traction.

Hehe the MPH's were all over the shop. For me it showed 140mph on my 12.2 run BIG LOL, but judging by my previous runs I was averaging ~110mph.

I finally got the hang of how to launch the GTR - It really took me by surprise as I wasn't expecting anything quicker than 12.5. I backed up the 12.2 with two 12.4's straight after with 2.0 60ft. I think I shook her up when we had a heart to heart, I kept me end of the deal and she was driven gently on the ride home :laugh:

Would be good to test her out again @ Calder to compare, but I'm not sure if the clutch is up to the task - Still stinks now! Driver definitely need more work though :(

12.2 in the end? FARK! Nice mate

Where did you find that whole second? :D

I ended up with 11.57 @ 121mph

1.78-1.90 60ft

I think the timing is farked @ Heathcote as my MPH was way down.

Will go to Calder in 2 weeks and find out the true story and hopefully get some better traction.

Congrats Ash car looked good down the track. Some traction issues off the line. Hope u crack into the 10's next time round. by the way got some good footage of the R Cheers

Hehe the MPH's were all over the shop. For me it showed 140mph on my 12.2 run BIG LOL, but judging by my previous runs I was averaging ~110mph.

I finally got the hang of how to launch the GTR - It really took me by surprise as I wasn't expecting anything quicker than 12.5. I backed up the 12.2 with two 12.4's straight after with 2.0 60ft. I think I shook her up when we had a heart to heart, I kept me end of the deal and she was driven gently on the ride home :laugh:

Would be good to test her out again @ Calder to compare, but I'm not sure if the clutch is up to the task - Still stinks now! Driver definitely need more work though :(

congrats Steve. The R has more in her. hope u sort the clutch out . it was good to meet ya after see'n the car around for a while now. cheers

congrats Steve. The R has more in her. hope u sort the clutch out . it was good to meet ya after see'n the car around for a while now. cheers

Thanks Anth, nice meeting you too mate! Yeah I reckon she's got a couple of more tenths in her to crack an 11 - Gotta get the 60ft down a tenth and I should be right :) Clutch is good for now, until next time haha

Thanks Anth, nice meeting you too mate! Yeah I reckon she's got a couple of more tenths in her to crack an 11 - Gotta get the 60ft down a tenth and I should be right :) Clutch is good for now, until next time haha

i didnt know you went to this, sounds like you got some quick times. ill have to take the evo down and see how that goes :D

ps. i thought you got a better clutch?

Yeah Scotty spur of the moment thing - Quick times in the end, shitty 13.6's to begin the day. This is my better clutch hahah, not sure if It's ideal for the way a GT-R is made to be driven!

well your fastest time was really good. maybe save and get a nismo twin plate clutch :thumbsup:.

already got the new exhaust at home for the evo but couldnt get the bolts off the cat :( also bought the same electronic boost controller as you that arrived just the other day.

well your fastest time was really good. maybe save and get a nismo twin plate clutch :thumbsup:.

already got the new exhaust at home for the evo but couldnt get the bolts off the cat :( also bought the same electronic boost controller as you that arrived just the other day.

Hehe yeah I think I've spent enough on her for the time being! Ahhh and the mods begin - Always start with the exhaust, love it :)