SAU Community

V35 Insurance!?

Hello, :/

My name is John from Sydney and I am a new to this thread.

I'm planning to buy a 350GT in any time soon...(will post a pic soooooonnnnnnnnn~~)

Just a quickie:

Who provides your insurance and how much are you paying??

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, :/

I'm planning to buy a 350GT in any time soon...(will post a pic soooooonnnnnnnnn~~)

Just a quickie:

Hey John,

Welcome, and get one, you won't look back!

I'm in Sydney also and am insured through Shannons. $1800.

I got a quote of $900 through Ryno, but they won't let me park it at work, in a gated, secure employee only carpark, that you have to swipe in and out of. They said they don't insure public car parks. So i laughed and hung up. :-)

The quotes I got went up to $7000, and even NRMA wanted over $4000. I thinks it's the unknown that there scared of.

Cheers

Bobby

Hey John,

Welcome, and get one, you won't look back!

I'm in Sydney also and am insured through Shannons. $1800.

I got a quote of $900 through Ryno, but they won't let me park it at work, in a gated, secure employee only carpark, that you have to swipe in and out of. They said they don't insure public car parks. So i laughed and hung up. :-)

The quotes I got went up to $7000, and even NRMA wanted over $4000. I thinks it's the unknown that there scared of.

Cheers

Bobby

Thank you Bobby :)

LOL not even the secure car parks...!?

they might as well have a policy like 'not to be driven in parra road' or something...

NRMA quoted me around 5k over the online estimate :( ..

$2k-ish from justcar, which i think is not toooo bad...

Hello, :)

Just a quickie:

Hi John

I'm in Sydney Shannons for a 2006 350gt, $1300 for 50k

Im 21, good history rating 3, 1700 with justcars. I think i get it pretty good because i have been with them since i was 16 starting with a 33.

I'd like to edit my above post, I'm actually paying just over 2.2k. Felt better, until the above post, lol. Maybe it's because I've never been insured with them? They better drop it hard when I turn 22...

• 2 weeks later...

just to give you an indication

had my PV35 GT-350 2 years ago, one of the first in the country, insurance was $2.5K pa with a $1k excess on the Gold Coast with business insurance broker.

Agreed value $48K, 30yr old, rating one driver

just bought a 2006 BMW M3

$1900.00 insurance with $500 excess with NRMA, rating one, 33yr old ... agreed value $90k

total insurance scam for imports in Australia I am afraid :-(

Edited by Nexus9

HBF here in Perth, $1100, 32yr old. Everything else I checked was more expensive!

Hey Mike (MIKE_R32_GTR), is that for the sedan? Famous quoted me more for my couple. I don't understand how the insurances differ so much! I understand that age etc makes a difference etc but would've thought I'd get mine cheaper than what I got now!