SAU Community

V35 Insurance!?

Just Cars for me.

24y/o

Loss of License for Speeding in '04 (204kmph on Freeway)

Car Insured for $38k

Wheels Insured for $4k

$1850 full comp

Excess is like $3200 or something stupid. ($1200 car, $500 driver, $600 age, $600 for wheels, im sure theres something else too)

JK

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1200 with justcar insurance

that's full comp with rating one protection

and i'm 24yo

hi.. im getting my 350gt on tuesday.. i got quoted $2200 from just cars.. but that is not laying down my fines ( 2 without p-plates and driving an unregistered car!) do u think that i will be penalised if i accept the quote without telling them about my past history? ewhich is not 2 bad compare with others really! lol

Just Cars for me.

24y/o

Loss of License for Speeding in '04 (204kmph on Freeway)

Car Insured for $38k

Wheels Insured for $4k

$1850 full comp

Excess is like $3200 or something stupid. ($1200 car, $500 driver, $600 age, $600 for wheels, im sure theres something else too)

JK

JK,

did u actually tell them all your driving history?.. im 24 and i got quoted $2200 for a full comprehensive without layng down my history?.. how could u get it lower with such bad history? :P

• 10 months later...
JK,

did u actually tell them all your driving history?.. im 24 and i got quoted $2200 for a full comprehensive without layng down my history?.. how could u get it lower with such bad history? :P

Maybe honesty is the best *policy* in this case... ;)

I am with Lumley Special Vehicles... $1352 p.a.

market value, $1000 excess, window protection, rating protection

all based on:

- 25 y.o. Male

- Rating One from previous insurer

- Suspended license at beginning of 2004

- Claim in mid 2004

Hi John

I am not driving a V35 but a M35. Unfortunately Sydney sucks for insurance. I thought it was my suburb (which is a very nice inner west area) but I was told by the an insurance company that if I wanted cheaper insurance move to another state!

I started with Just Cars at $1800 for the M35 insured at $30k. Excess was $1600 and I am over 40 with a great driving record.

I changed to Lumleys a couple of months ago because the rate was not much cheaper but excess was about $400, they do not need every driver nominated and I can pay my annual insurance in quarterly payments with no premium.

Cheers

Andy

No worries,

was very pleased with Lumley, much lower premiums and excess than Just Cars. They also give an extra 10% off for members of Car Clubs (would take me to $1220ish/year).

hi.. im getting my 350gt on tuesday.. i got quoted $2200 from just cars.. but that is not laying down my fines ( 2 without p-plates and driving an unregistered car!) do u think that i will be penalised if i accept the quote without telling them about my past history? ewhich is not 2 bad compare with others really! lol
JK,

did u actually tell them all your driving history?.. im 24 and i got quoted $2200 for a full comprehensive without layng down my history?.. how could u get it lower with such bad history? :woot:

Mate,

You are penny wise, pound foolish. Just wait until you make a claim and they subsequently find out about your undisclosed history.

BOHICA!!!

hmmm bought to buy insurance for my v35

anyone recommend anyyone?

I was quoted by just cars for 1950 (with an exhaust mod)

600 standard excess, 1000 care excess, 600 age = 2200 excess in total?

eexcess is a tad steep for my liking, anyone recommened nayone else for a 23 y.o such as myself with no claims or infringmenet history?

I thought maybe shannons,but I heard they only do over 25...

hmmm bought to buy insurance for my v35

anyone recommend anyyone?

I was quoted by just cars for 1950 (with an exhaust mod)

600 standard excess, 1000 care excess, 600 age = 2200 excess in total?

eexcess is a tad steep for my liking, anyone recommened nayone else for a 23 y.o such as myself with no claims or infringmenet history?

I thought maybe shannons,but I heard they only do over 25...

Correct, and your car has to be garaged for them to take a look.

I did a lot of research and Lumley had easily the best premium/excess and terms (I don't work for them!).

since I work for a Bank, I get group insurance with my bank underwritten by QBE

Quite good 1386 premium, 500 excess, 600 age excess, u get to choose repairer too!

they dont take into account your driving history at all.

work for a bank, if u have a terrible driving history and under 25!

I've renewed with Shannon's again.

Really can't fault them at this stage. And now that they have the second car policy, my Maxima is cheaper to insure with Shannons than ANY of the major insurance companies.

Also switched my home insurance to them, and they give you a discount if you have a CAMS liscence.

I'm getting my V35 Track spec tomorrow, and I paid Lumley AUD907 and got a quote with just cars for AUD890. I'm 31 and living near brisbane. I got it fianace with St George bank on a secure loan. But St George service is damn lousy. Wasted AUD 80+ just on my mobile just to call them, again & again.