SAU Community

V35 Insurance!?

Not too sure about Lumley's; I think they are trying to rort me - I am insuring a 350GT sedan for $26,000, I am 29, living in Sydney, storing a car in my garage and have a perfect driving history and they want $1,693. Mellowman - you must have a real sexy voice or something!

Edited by Birth

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some ringing around today. My details are 36 years old, in Townsville, no claims or negatives bar 1 <15km/h speeding ticket in the last 5 years. Insuring 2003 V35 coupe premium auto with factory optioned wheels, frontbar + fogs, momo steering wheel, rear spoiler agreed value $32000.

Lumley = $926 with $1kxs, $811 with $1500xs

Famous = $966 with set $600xs - no option to reduce premium by increasing xs. (These guys were cheapest with my R33gtst with plenty of mods at $825)

Suncorp = $800 with $1050 flexible xs. Not that I'd go with them after the way they recently treated a friends claim. Also was quite amusing that they had no record of the V35 coming in any option but manual or CVT - not confidence inspiring!

Shannons - wouldn't cover me as I don't have a lockup garage.

NRMA = $1483 with $500xs

Just Cars = $965 with $400xs down to $579 with $1500xs.

Hoping to not jinx myself but as I've had no claims ever I'm happy to take the higher excess and cheaper premium option with Just Cars. I feel for you guys in Sydney!

Just Car, hi risk Melb Suburb (near st albans), garaged, 35yo rating 1 with very high agreed value $38k which should well cover all the nav & alarm stuffs / mods i'm putting into the car. 03' v35 coupe auto. Single driver only, no blemish driving history - $997/yr with $500 excess or $960 / yr with $1000 excess and rating 1 protection.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, :ermm:

My name is John from Sydney and I am a new to this thread.

I'm planning to buy a 350GT in any time soon...(will post a pic soooooonnnnnnnnn~~)

Just a quickie:

Who provides your insurance and how much are you paying??

When I got my first Nssan Skyline 350 GT8 abut 18 months ago it was $1350 p/year Just Cars

My lastest Nissan Skyline 350GT Coupe 6 speed was$850 p/year just cars

Good luck you will have fun

for those of you in queensland and about to get rego - if you can get a quote from someone that nrma can't match, nrma will pay you $50 under their quick 50 campaign (not sure when this promo ends though). just fax the quote to 1 300 364 238, attention to Resolution Quick 50. it's not just for the v35 either, as long as the vehicle is garaged in queensland.

i guess if you want details, you can call 1 800 640 595 (nrma quick 50 section). hope someone can get money from them.

I just renewed mine today. Was over $1800 last time with about $2.5k of excesses. But now that im 25...

Agreed Value $40k

$1034 Fully Comp

Excess of $450

No Age Excess for me personally

Accessory Excess - Wheels - $600

Modifications we have agreed to cover:

Body Kit, Exhaust, Extractors, Upgraded Brakes, Lowered Suspension, Side Skirts, Super Charged

Non Standard Accessories we have agreed to cover:

Wheels and tyres (after market) $4000

RATING ONE PREMIUM ($35)

Your rating protection for one at-fault claim during the insurance period

Mine's is 1800 something now, after just having a 89 raise for exhaust (just the muffler part mind you). Double the price wheels increased my premium 6 bucks... Interesting ha? Thought the wheels would be more risky for them to insure...

• 1 month later...

Just about to pick mine up

2003 Premium.

Quoted $880 in Brissy with Justcar. Same price as my previous car which was a Soarer TT

Rating 1 with Rating 1 protection. I am an old fart though compared to you young whipper snappers.

i am 23 max no claim bonus full comp agreed value 35k they wanted $2600!! with justcar!

i might try lumleys....

weird wat suburb r u in? Im 23, rating 2 full comp agreed value of 40k, only paying $1100 with justcar... live in blakehurst..

Mine is 2005 GT350Premium 6mt-Insured -Lumleys 45K -premium was $1100

The suburbs make a hell of a difference

weird wat suburb r u in? Im 23, rating 2 full comp agreed value of 40k, only paying $1100 with justcar... live in blakehurst..

• 2 weeks later...
My lastest Nissan Skyline 350GT Coupe 6 speed was$850 p/year just cars

Ok wow - Business or private insurance?

My V35 Premium with 100% stock everything with a value placed against it of only $30,000 is going to cost me $1034 Internet deal or $1084 phone deal, My suburb must suck compared to yours!!!

$400 excess $900 theft excess...

No free windscreen offer though!

I am 33 going on 34 with rating 1. Shannons after 11 years of Insurance refuse to insure this car for me as I do not have a lock up garage :P

As mentioned Just Cars requires an Australian standard Immobilser - My V35 Premium has a little sticker on the drivers side window / triangle showing a key through an engine with "SECURITY" written under it.

Question 1: does this equal an immobilser? (definitely not an alarm)

Question 2: Does this comply to insurance requirements for Oz standard?

Does anyone know if just cars gets cheaper with 2 or more cars insured on the one contract? Shannons did! :kiss:

Ok wow - Business or private insurance?

My V35 Premium with 100% stock everything with a value placed against it of only $30,000 is going to cost me $1034 Internet deal or $1084 phone deal, My suburb must suck compared to yours!!!

$400 excess $900 theft excess...

No free windscreen offer though!

I am 33 going on 34 with rating 1. Shannons after 11 years of Insurance refuse to insure this car for me as I do not have a lock up garage :(

As mentioned Just Cars requires an Australian standard Immobilser - My V35 Premium has a little sticker on the drivers side window / triangle showing a key through an engine with "SECURITY" written under it.

Question 1: does this equal an immobilser? (definitely not an alarm)

Question 2: Does this comply to insurance requirements for Oz standard?

Does anyone know if just cars gets cheaper with 2 or more cars insured on the one contract? Shannons did! :P

Yes it is an imobiliser.

No it doesn't count.

Grab an alarm anyways, for peace of mind! The Autowatch 446P that Chris fitted me seems to get a good rap.

• 4 months later...

Digging up an old thread here but this was really helpful to me when I was researching insurance so i thought it only fair to share my experiences also...

25yo male with perfect driving record, garaged in Belmont WA, manual, coupe 350GT insured for $36K paying $1040 with Lumleys and excess of $500.

As a comparison my 33 insured for $17K was $1160... amazing that this car is more than double the value but is cheaper, different ownership demographic I guess.

Digging up an old thread here but this was really helpful to me when I was researching insurance so i thought it only fair to share my experiences also...

25yo male with perfect driving record, garaged in Belmont WA, manual, coupe 350GT insured for $36K paying $1040 with Lumleys and excess of $500.

As a comparison my 33 insured for $17K was $1160... amazing that this car is more than double the value but is cheaper, different ownership demographic I guess.

another tip, the agreed value r set in price brackets... say if u insure it btw 36k and 40k, its set to a price level :), u'll prob find that if u increase ur agreed value to 40k, ur premium won't change :)

• 3 months later...

An update on Lumleys (LSV Insurance formerly Torque Insurance)

Spoke to them yesterday about a V35 I am about to pick up changing over from my Stagea (currently insured with LSV)

I was told that they no longer insure daily drivers and are reverting back to classic, vintage cars only that are driven once or twice a week.

They are honouring existing customers but not taking new customers or insuring a different car for an existing customer

So now the hunt for a new insurer begins and delays me getting into the V35