SAU Community

V35 Sedan Fuel Economy

ok, well that shut me up! I thought GTST was 50-60 tops and I know next to nothing about 35s except that I read above it's an 80L tank.

even still kms per tank is a pretty vauge measurement. give us Ls/100km or if you must Kms/L. :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i pulled into shell with -- -- on the display (meaning there were less than 30-40kms left in the tank)

i filled her up with 70.07 litres of optimax and paid $82 after the 4cent discount.

i reset the trip meter and computer and it read 506km till empty.I was averaging 6.8-7.5 of urban driving at the time.

The computer takes approx 60 second to recalculate so cruising at 70 clicks in a low gear will give me up to 10L -which is the best i have got yet.

The graph on the next page is also very usefull-it shows you the average consumption by day/tank/last trip (im not sure yet)

• 2 weeks later...

My 350GT8 Sedan shows:

9.1 kms/L, which translates to: 11 Litres per 100kms with a mix of city and tollway driving, flicking over to tippy mode quite often.

On a recent trip up the coast I got something like 800kms out of one tank. Normally I'll get 550-600kms. The economy I think is acceptable. Not sparkling but with the longer range at least you don't need to fill up as many times as in an R33.

T'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was getting 9.5km per litre out of a 300GT had the thing serviced and now down to 8.4km/l but I must say have been thrashing it. Filled up today and will take it easy until the next fill and see how I go. Do 500-600km a week most in city traffic. A bit of Motorway stuff but that is on and off the brakes stuff too.

When I started running 98 instead of 94 I got better fuel economy so now run solely on 98.

Now doing 9.5km per 100km even with a bt of a thrash now and then

Edited by Vargas

• 1 year later...

[attac

hment=224494:20052009426.jpg]

Theres most likely a topic on this already, but i can't find it. What figures (Lts/100) do you achieve from your v35s...

I havent seen many 3000cc and 2500cc v's but a comparison between the three engines including the 3500cc would be good.

Also what trans do you have? Manual, 5speed or 8 speed Auto.

cheers.

Hey im a new member hear and i owen a V35 GT 6 speed manual 4 door with 71 thousnd ks on the clock and i love it .Ive owened before a r34 but faimly and being a 2 door forced me to sell it.Iv owned the V35 for around 4 months and havent had any problems with it.Its lowered with super low king springs,dark tint,full polished exhaust,and a JVC DVD player in it.I live in perth WA and the fist big long trip was down to margret river and it was great on fuel we drove from armadale down to margret river and back on a tank.I dont have a trip computer in it so im not sure what the consumption would be.

post-63076-1242890726_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My V35 came from Japan with the trip computer telling me the average of the last 10 or so tanks was about 7.5km/l .... and lo and behold in the 3 tanks I have had it for I have averaged about 7.5km/l! 2003 V35 auto with 50,000km on the clock.

Whats the point of this fuel consumption thread, if people care that much about it just buy a 4 cylinder front wheel drive Toyota and get it over with.

At the end of the day, the difference between the 250GT, 300GT and 350GT will be what, $20 or $30 a fortnight, not a big deal.

And if you have to count your pennies on something like that, then you are obviously living at the edge of your means.

Even worse would be buying a 250GT when you could have the 350GT which is much better, just so you can save $20 a fortnight, haha.

Whats the point of this fuel consumption thread, if people care that much about it just buy a 4 cylinder front wheel drive Toyota and get it over with.

At the end of the day, the difference between the 250GT, 300GT and 350GT will be what, $20 or $30 a fortnight, not a big deal.

And if you have to count your pennies on something like that, then you are obviously living at the edge of your means.

Even worse would be buying a 250GT when you could have the 350GT which is much better, just so you can save $20 a fortnight, haha.

Well actually $20-$30 a fortnight is a big deal to some people - $800 a year isn't exactly peanuts.

I love my 250GT - it is exactly what I wanted and what I need - I drove two 300GTs before taking it and while the first 300GT had more grunt, I'm certainly not unhappy. The other 300GT I drove was rubbish and had about half the grunt of my 250GT, wasn't in great shape that's for sure.

Back to topic - my fuel economy has dropped sharply over the last few months. I used to get 500-550km a tank in city driving, now down to 430 - 450 consistently. I've had services, changed the O2 sensors, changed the spark plugs, put injector cleaner through it twice and I always run 98 octane fuel.. no idea what's wrong. If anyone has any ideas or pearls of wisdom please feel free to share.

My V35 came from Japan with the trip computer telling me the average of the last 10 or so tanks was about 7.5km/l .... and lo and behold in the 3 tanks I have had it for I have averaged about 7.5km/l! 2003 V35 auto with 50,000km on the clock.

same here. when i bought it...green leaf was showing 8.4km/l

i reset this and now I'm getting 7.7km/l with a lot city driving and fast acceleration off the lights.

my holden captiva is a 3.2L and does less Km/s for same amount of fuel and less power...so i'm happy with the consumption of my car.

Well actually $20-$30 a fortnight is a big deal to some people - $800 a year isn't exactly peanuts.

I love my 250GT - it is exactly what I wanted and what I need - I drove two 300GTs before taking it and while the first 300GT had more grunt, I'm certainly not unhappy. The other 300GT I drove was rubbish and had about half the grunt of my 250GT, wasn't in great shape that's for sure.

Back to topic - my fuel economy has dropped sharply over the last few months. I used to get 500-550km a tank in city driving, now down to 430 - 450 consistently. I've had services, changed the O2 sensors, changed the spark plugs, put injector cleaner through it twice and I always run 98 octane fuel.. no idea what's wrong. If anyone has any ideas or pearls of wisdom please feel free to share.

Got any large (FAT) friends that your giving lifts to lately? I had 2 large bags of dog food in my boot for 2 weeks and didn't know :P The extra 20kg makes a little difference

Got any large (FAT) friends that your giving lifts to lately? I had 2 large bags of dog food in my boot for 2 weeks and didn't know :P The extra 20kg makes a little difference

Haha no.. everything in terms of loads carried is the same. I literally haven't changed anything except the wheels.. changed from 18" back to the OEM ones.. makes a difference of 0.05km per 1km but nowhere near the drop I have seen recently.. And the tyres are better too.

Not sure if you have read this thread or not but it might be worth a look:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Di...irect+injection

Not sure if you have read this thread or not but it might be worth a look:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Di...irect+injection

Brilliant info thanks mate. Think I've had every problem described there including o2 sensors, egr temperatre sensor and the carbon deposits in the intake manifold. Might give a copy to my mechanic I think to try and stop this happening again.

• 1 month later...

I think my driving is either quite aggressive or it's a whole load of batch fuel all over the west, or the traffic is just so bad in my area?

Car is daily driven, traffic jam everyday (no freeway), just normal Ballarat Rd route to city with traffic lights.

First fill I noted what fuel & where bought, then on 2nd fill (up to 1st click of the pump nozzle) I noted how many litres it was.

Probably one day every fortnight there is a freeway trip involved.

Here's the result. So far BP Ultimate leads just by marginal at 457km per tank.

Feel free to use the Excel template for your own use.

PS: The excel is created with Office 2007, so if you have an older version you may need to upgrade or let me know and I will try to save it in older version.

Fuel_Consumption.zip