SAU Community

Light-up / Illuminated R33 Skyline Boot Garnish

Hey People,

You may have seen the odd post about these from time to time or even ones which I have sold previously. Basically these Light Up Skyline Garnishes can be wired up with ease to work with brake lights or constantly switched on with your parkers, and should hopefully be available in various colours and look much brighter than the factory unit, as you can see.

The total price of these Garnishes will be around $300, less without the supply of the lighting. I am also may be getting some to have a 'stealth' appearance during the day when turned off, (no clear looking letters as you can see with the silver one thats not lite up) this element of stealth may come at a small additional cost.

So if you have been wondering where to score one or have tried making one of these trick pieces for the back of your liner, wonder no more! If you genuinely you would like one of these please post here (no chit chat please) with the colour and model of your car (R33 Series 1 or 2) and I will be sure to get back to you very soon.

The colour of lighting is only limited by your imagination so ponder away! Although most popular is the red and white lights (note that the grey one with red lights is still in primer/undercoat and not finished).

Thanks.

post-30339-1183332258_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1183332370_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1183332456_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1195049459_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1195049498_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1195225536_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1195225566_thumb.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a very simple installation, you just need to remove the plastic boot trim/panel from the inside of your boot then its 4 nuts and your out!

I will write a tutorial on installing them once they some are sent out

sorry mate, on closer inspection i can see how easy it is to do

i will contact you in a couple of weeks when i have some spare cash

Hi mate what is used to make them light up leds etc????

Also what do you do for the S1 panels as they are not colour coded to match the paint?

Led's are used. and they are painted to match the body color mate :thumbsup:

Thats right! The colour is matched exactly using the paint code for your cars colour.

The finished product looks almost identical to the factory body coloured series II garnish. Obviousy the series II has the difference of the concave shape though.

Is white a legal colour for lights on the rear of the car? How much extra would red be or is it just an optional extra for same price.

Also when will you be making these, very keen on one ;)

Everyone I have spoken to that does rego inpections etc. and knows about that kind of thing has said that there are no issues with haveing i white. I have had cops pull up behind me various times and they have never pulled me over, let alone say anything about it, as it looks like a factory nissan job.

Although Red obviously carries zero risk for the concerned driver. At this point I'm estimating the red light up panels will be worth a little more than the standard white which I already have.

Will these fit a white 95 R33 GTR?

If so count me in.

Pretty sure they would. I don't think there's any difference in the garnish between GTR's and GTS-T's. I've seen these things in person and they look fantastic! Better than the factory ones you can get which light up green. Hope you haven't forgotten my order Nick ;)

Everyone I have spoken to that does rego inpections etc. and knows about that kind of thing has said that there are no issues with haveing i white. I have had cops pull up behind me various times and they have never pulled me over, let alone say anything about it, as it looks like a factory nissan job.

Although Red obviously carries zero risk for the concerned driver. At this point I'm estimating the red light up panels will be worth a little more than the standard white which I already have.

White is illegal as only white light is allowed to be emitted from the front of your car constantly. Reason being is people will get confused and think you are stuck in reverse. Anyhow, same applies for the front with red light.

Are you going to post some examples of the ones you are working on? I need to see some before I go ahead. :thumbsup: