Light-up / Illuminated R33 Skyline Boot Garnish

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got one off mlt15e which he provided after a few weeks but the panel it was on was rough under the paint in certain parts which i consider quite an eye sore, especially if any light reflects or glares off the parts. That was the end of 2007. Since then its been broken promise after broken promise but for the most part he is just non responsive and refuses to refund. $350 or whatever it was wasted!!!

mlt15e is you read this come on man you seemed like a nice guy, do the right thing, replace it or refund. Ive never even hooked it up to the car and its been over 6 months!!!!!!!

• 9 months later...
Hey People,

You may have seen the odd post about these from time to time or even ones which I have sold previously. Basically these Light Up Skyline Garnishes can be wired up with ease to work with brake lights or constantly switched on with your parkers, and should hopefully be available in various colours and look much brighter than the factory unit, as you can see.

The total price of these Garnishes will be around $300, less without the supply of the lighting. I am also may be getting some to have a 'stealth' appearance during the day when turned off, (no clear looking letters as you can see with the silver one thats not lite up) this element of stealth may come at a small additional cost.

So if you have been wondering where to score one or have tried making one of these trick pieces for the back of your liner, wonder no more! If you genuinely you would like one of these please post here (no chit chat please) with the colour and model of your car (R33 Series 1 or 2) and I will be sure to get back to you very soon.

The colour of lighting is only limited by your imagination so ponder away! Although most popular is the red and white lights (note that the grey one with red lights is still in primer/undercoat and not finished).

Thanks.

Hi, I saw your post about illuminated Skyline rear panel lights. I have an R33 S1 (i'll check the series to make sure), and I'm interested in a white light panel with the "stealth" letters (the letters that don't look any different than the stock panel if the light is turned off). Do you still make these or can you still get them? I don't need the lights if that makes it any easier--just the rear panel piece. Do you still do this?

Thanks, Joe

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 08/07/2007 at 1:07 AM, hawkeye said:

i have one on the back of mine but the lights dont work. its the one that came on the car so i would say factory fitted . how can you open it up without braking it.

Resurrecting this post!

Did you ever receive and answer for your question?

I too have an original - I need to open it up and replace the factory light strip. I dont know what the best method is and i dont want to buther it.

I see there are clips but they're impossible to push out, dontwant to break anything.

Who has done this or can help?

Have done this several times now.

Best method without breaking the outer section is to put the whole thing into an oven at 85 degrees for several hours to soften up the urethane sealer around the edge. Then you take a bunch of 5 cent pieces and insert them under the clip tabs around the garnish to keep them up and unclipped. Then you've got to gently pry the two pieces apart being very careful at the corners as the clear plastic will break very easily. You have to do this progressively as it tends to cool down very quickly so you've got to put it back into the oven multiple times to heat it up again. Then you need to wash off the urethane with toluene so its perfectly clean for reassembly after you put in the new light strip.