SAU Community

Building up Ur Skyline

megs, if you are gonna do it, do it right! RB26DETT!!!

ONARUN, sweet man, nice work, i have seen your car at BD4's before too, you've got the phunky bonnet vent, eh?

Jay,

Thanks man, i saved them all. What materials did you use?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prank, thanks dude. Yeah the funky bonnet vent is there. It's actually getting a respray while the car is in the shop. If you remember, it had a black finish. Will be same colour as car now in a semi-matt finish as it's fibreglass. If they don't use matt, the ripples will show too much.

Do you go to BD4's as well? They are the best tune-shop in my books. Well, I might be a bit biased but they are good. :)

megs, ha ha ha!! i know what thats like!!

ONARUN,

no mate, i *did* but paul and I (or BD4's and i) dont really get along any more....

i wont get into it mate, i dont want anything being said about any business' on the boards.

Prank,

The stuff I used was AlcoBond. It's two sheets of 1mm aluminium seperated by 3mm of plastic. It has really good reflective and heat insulation properties. Then on the inside I coated it with the clark rubber insulating foam stuff.

Works well, and looks good too. lol

Hey Jay95, nice airbox man

My future plans revolve around tempratures, with the exhaust done I'm currently lookingsaving for the frount mount IC. Secondly with the Jay's pics as inspiration I start building my cold air box tomorrow.

Soooo, can anyone tell me what's the difference's between my current K&N pod filter (the big one, about 25cm) and Jay's smaller filter. Is it just a different sucking sound?

Christian,

is your air filter an HKS unit is it? that reminds me i need a new element for the filter. the HKS ones are non washable.. you just buy a new element for like $50

just spray it with de-greaser and clean it... buy two so when ones drying you can use the other.

i bought a new one and it was as dirty as my old one within a week... i am not gonna buy a new pad every week.

Not yet !!!!

But it's not too far away. In the next few weeks I should have something for you guys.

Looks like I'll have to buy a reem of paper and a box of 50 stamps cause that's about how many people are after it LOL.

But yeah, I've just got to get the time to do it.

I'm getting a 3 inch mandrel font pipe put on on this Saturday morning. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

J