SAU Community

Common Problems With The Coupe

From what I've read, it's luck of the draw. Some have had the car for years without a problem others have bought brand new motors and have had probs again. It's definately not a problem with EVERY car.

My opinion is that every car has it's issues. The good thing with my experience with Nissan's is that the issues are generally not thousand dollar issues, and more little annoying things.

In the end you get what you pay for. People sometimes forget that the V35 for what it is, is a very very cheap car. Similar performance, similar looks, similar equipment in most other cars, and you'll be laying out $100k.

Iam in the process of purchasing a V35 from Japan, do they come with factroy keyless entry ? if so a people has mentioned that the keys has stopped working is that the remote ? also people mentioned what happens you cant get a car if your keys has stopped working isnt there a hole to insert your keys into ?

yes there's keyless entry

mine has worked 100% fine every time so far (about 2-3 months)

there is a key hole if it doesn't work, but mine came with 2 keys (with remotes) and the valet key so its not like you're going to be left stranded you will have a backup

don'ts worry mate - the V35 is a treat of a car!

From what I've read, it's luck of the draw. Some have had the car for years without a problem others have bought brand new motors and have had probs again. It's definately not a problem with EVERY car.

My opinion is that every car has it's issues. The good thing with my experience with Nissan's is that the issues are generally not thousand dollar issues, and more little annoying things.

In the end you get what you pay for. People sometimes forget that the V35 for what it is, is a very very cheap car. Similar performance, similar looks, similar equipment in most other cars, and you'll be laying out $100k.

Yep, I own it for more than 1 years now. when I purchased, it is alread more than 34000KM. I believe it is higher than anyone else here. but I had never have any problem. Trouble free and stylish car. I am pretty happy with it so far.

yes there's keyless entry

mine has worked 100% fine every time so far (about 2-3 months)

there is a key hole if it doesn't work, but mine came with 2 keys (with remotes) and the valet key so its not like you're going to be left stranded you will have a backup

don'ts worry mate - the V35 is a treat of a car!

i also got two original keys with remote.i also got a third marone/red coloured key.

is this the valet key or the master with which to cut new ones from.?

i only ask as my old honda had a red master key ,which if used to start the car it would render the car undriveable!!!

red key is the valet key

it opens the doors and starts the car only, ie if you're leaving the car with someone else

has no alarm function, won't unlock the glovebox, and in other cars that have a boot key hole it won't unlock the boot..

i use it when i take the car to the carwash

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is one for the V35 6MT guys, have any of you guys had problems with the clutch being noisey or having clutch chatter or vibrations through the clutch pedal? I've read on the G35 forums that a lot of the 6MT guys have this clutch noise or chatter problem.

cheers

• 3 months later...
My drivers side window doesnt go up sometimes! I can hear a relay clicking under the switch box but thats about it. Then it works again sometime later.

ANNOYING!

JK

Yes, this problem is very annoying. However, I can confirm that the 'tap' works. My sparky told me it happens in some cars and may eventually need to have the motor replaced, or it could be that the window gets dirty and causes it to stick. I have noticed that my windows have been dirty evertime it happens - may just be coincidence?????

To open or close...... simultaneously, hold the relevent window switch (up or down) and give the door a 'fonzie' on the inside door panel - has worked everytime for me so far when I tap the top of the door panel.

For those who are too young to know who fonzie is, forgive this old bastard and, just 'give the door a slight thump with your palm' :banana:

Cheers,

Vic

Yep, I own it for more than 1 years now. when I purchased, it is alread more than 34000KM. I believe it is higher than anyone else here. but I had never have any problem. Trouble free and stylish car. I am pretty happy with it so far.

My v35 has just clicked over 50 000km, bought it a week ago, so far no major problems however fule consumption is up around the 14l/100km with mostly highway driving. This tank looks like the consumption is getting worse. Also noticed that the car seems to be sluggish sometimes with seems to be coinciding with when the car has less than 1/4 tank of fule left. Im hoping to get my hands on a scanner to take a looksy to see if i can see any problems with it.

Other problem is the light between the sunvisors some times dosent work on one side, but a good tap seems to fix it.

Ill be sure to keep you guys posted whith any other problems i come accross.

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm just wondering with this clicking noise.

Is it different to the clicking noise you get when the rear pads are really low ?

Yep, it's a known fault on the rear axle. Usually on the right side of the car.

Yep, it's a known fault on the rear axle. Usually on the right side of the car.

have u guys had any luck getting this fixed? if so how much did it cost u? I mean it's no big issue, js make the car sound cheap when u have lose metal sound clicking everytime u change gear...

• 2 weeks later...
I had the captive bolt that holds the shifter fall off. I replaced it all with a short shifter in about 30mins. The shift distance is about half what it used to be. Best $100 I ever spent.

Hey mate,

which kit did you use?

There's a few discussions in the US about certain kits being terrible.

• 4 weeks later...
just a question regarding the engine. say if you were to Twin turbo it, would that bring it close to the new VQ38DETT in the R35GTR? as the difference is only .3L

Just weighing up the option that's all!

in terms of power? i believe a TT 350GT can generate about 400-500hp depending on the kit. but performance wise it will be nowhere as good as the GTR...

you can give it a great bit of performance with a TT or S/C kit, make no mistake (have a good read of g35driver.com - there is a whole forced induction section)

but the VR38DETT in the GTR is a completely diferent engine, with many parts that are unique and make it as good as it is. plus the car is a whole different beast - AWD, bilstein suspension, etc etc

you can never make a GTR out of a V35

but if you have realistic expectations, you can make one very fast and awesome looking V35 that is good in its own right!