SAU Community

Common Problems With The Coupe

Has anyone notice when first starting up, most times for me, and when the initial rev occurs a rattle type sound?? (hope that is a good description!)

Also as mosoto stated about when in idle there is a slight rattling occuring, you can here this on the outside on the drivers side?? (sounds like a flywheel type sound I suppose)

First start up?..yes..same here...no issue with that, as it happens so rarely, and certainly doesn't mean impending doom. (I've also heard it on other V35's)....oh, I think it's more of a bumpety bump, minus the lower frequencies.

That farking 'idle' rattle/ticking??....I got a new gearbox..(for lots of other reasons).....all good now....I believe that particular noise has to do more with the crazy/ over engineered flywheel the 35's have......inspect/look at a stock one if you ever get the chance....way too much going on with that design.!!

it's not lifters?

drivetrain?

is nothing loose?

i was a fool and didn't lock tight my plemun blots and they came loose.

Could be lots of things. Video would help

Yeah yeah I think I know what you are talking about!...

A very slight rattling noise that is over in less than 2 seconds? Sounds like something from the gearbox.

Only occasionally comes out during the first movement of the day, even though I warm up my car before moving off....

Only occasionally comes out during the first movement of the day

That's called a fart............... :closedeyes:

but seriously as spit said, it's more a knocking than a rattle. Sounds like the tappet noise you get in an old holden. It has been attrributed to the flywheel on Gdriver forums as well which makes sense given mine does not go away, hot or cold.

I have this sound on start up and 1st gear change also. I was checking through g35driver and they put it down to the ABS engaging on start up?? doesnt really sound right but it seems to be very common in v35's...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok!!

Tonight disarmed my car, got in, and due to force of habit I pushed the drivers side lock latch so that both doors would lock, and I noticed that the passenger side latch did not move! pressing the central locking button made no difference. If I manually push the latch it feels as if it is not catching (if it is suppose to) and the door will lock, if I then either unlock with the drivers side latch or central locking button the passenger side latch will unlock fine, just not with my side latch or locking button.

Anyone seen this before? is it something I can look at myself by removing the door trim?

(Also freakishly the BOSE CD player was just going through all the CDs as if they weren't in there!! but now seems ok! :))

Edited by Pulp

my problems......

1. my bose cd player is goneskies. wont read any cds. solution? i got chris to put an ipod cable so now i can listen to ipod. this will tie me over for 1 yr or so until i decide to get an aftermarket stereo system. its not a priority right now, as i think the stock BOSE system does an ok job.

2. The paint is weak as anything. These cars scratch very easily! i have a few scratches here and there which i will get taken care of when i get my bodykit put on, i might go and respray the whole car at the same time.

3. The leather on my drivers side seat, where it meets the plastic on the right hand side near the lever to make the seat lean forward so people can get in the back.......... it has started to crack. I plan to retrim the seats too so i really dont care, want to get some better leather trim put in the car.

4. Rear Axel Click - this started happening on my car but i took the TSB to pro concept in west ryde and Joshua there fixed it for me. no more rear click!

Thats all my problems i have had so far

Ok!!

Tonight disarmed my car, got in, and due to force of habit I pushed the drivers side lock latch so that both doors would lock, and I noticed that the passenger side latch did not move! pressing the central locking button made no difference. If I manually push the latch it feels as if it is not catching (if it is suppose to) and the door will lock, if I then either unlock with the drivers side latch or central locking button the passenger side latch will unlock fine, just not with my side latch or locking button.

Anyone seen this before? is it something I can look at myself by removing the door trim?

(Also freakishly the BOSE CD player was just going through all the CDs as if they weren't in there!! but now seems ok! :P )

actuator time. I have a few on order if you need one.

I've had the same problem with my driver's side door not locking automatically.

When Chris comes down to Melbourne again in August to install my alarm, he will fix that for me too, it's a little expensive to get it all replaced, but will need to be done!!!

actuator time. I have a few on order if you need one.

It started working all day today! :)

I really hope it doesn't keep happening cause I can't afford to spend anymore $$ for a while!

Also if I really had to I'd probably use my extended warranty to do so. I wonder if they will still cover it if I say I can get the part?? hmm!

has anyone had any issues with the auto motor on the drivers seat not working when you flip the seat? otherwise the seat works.

just looking at a car at the moment and I know I need passengers window motor and possibly the central locking is gone if its no the remote/key battery.

Edited by crumbly