SAU Community

Grinding Noise Coming From Front Right Side Of Car

Everyone that has a 2003 coupe might experience this.

I started my car this morning usually let it idle for 5 mins to warm up.

When i took off doing under 10km/h the car changed from 1st to second. I got this grinding/ recoil noise from the front. After that it didnt happened. I stopped and tried it again nothing even when changing gears on the highway.

Second time started it up after 5 hours put it into DRIVE, drove under 10km/h changed 1st to 2nd same thing grind for a split second then nothing.

Im a member of the G35 club in the USA, asked them questions and there were even threads regarding this matter. Apparently its the ABS initialising and doing a check. Some of the guys own 05, 06 & 07 models. They said it happened to theirs after only having 1000km/h on the clock. So it must be the ABS checking. There are probably a dozen threads on this problem and all the guys said its normal. Anyone experiencing this?

Yep, got the same thing in my 05 Coupe.

Was a bit worried the first time I heard it, but then as you said noticed it was only doing it when you first drive after start up, so I assumed, don't laugh, it was some sort of pressurising of the brake fluid, in the lines.

Good to know it's normal :-)

Yep, got the same thing in my 05 Coupe.

Was a bit worried the first time I heard it, but then as you said noticed it was only doing it when you first drive after start up, so I assumed, don't laugh, it was some sort of pressurising of the brake fluid, in the lines.

Good to know it's normal :-)

Yeh, That is ABS test or inital something.

If you are luck put your food on break pad at the same time (Just like me when i approch the garage door ) you will fell the pad same same respond as ABS break kick into in hard breaks.

That is common take it easy.

Coming to think of it and describing the exact noise i wound't say its a grinding noise. Think of a spring recoiling thats what it sounds like.

Yep normal it is even mentioned in the owners manual that I got with my car. It was printed by the company that complied the car.

I don't experience that.... hmmm. Maybe thats cos I have reset my ECU cos previously all warning lights used to come up... Since then, I've experienced little any electronic intrusion compared to before when my VDC used to cut in.