SAU Community

Front Parking Lights Removal

I bought some white LED lights for the front parkers as the stock one come out yellow.

Cant get access to the damn thing to remove the bulb.

Any suggestions?

You will either have to take the wheel off and get to it from behind otherwise take the bumper off and unbolt the headlight unit.

Removal and Installation AKS005I9

REMOVAL

1. Remove front grille. Refer to EI-20, "FRONT GRILLE" in “EI” section.

2. Remove front undercover and fender protector. Refer to EI-22, "FENDER PROTECTOR" in “EI” section.

3. Remove mounting clip on top of front bumper and screws on side of front bumper. Refer to EI-14, "FRONT BUMPER" in “EI” section.

4. Pull side of the front bumper toward the vehicle front and disengage it from clips on the body.

5. Remove headlamp mounting bolts.

6. Pull headlamp toward vehicle front, disconnect connector, and remove headlamp.

CAUTION:

When removing headlamps, put a shop cloth or something similar between headlamps and bumper to protect bumper.

For changing a globe it is easy to remove the wheel and then remove part of the inner guard, with out having a hoist removing the front bumper isn't good as it is so easy to scratch the front bar when removing it, I have removed V35 head lights on about 40 cars so I have done a few.

On the CPV35 you can change the park light not easy but you can do it with out pulling anything apart.

• 3 years later...

wanting to replace my parking lamp (pass side).....and I want to stir up this hornets nest a little...

Going to attempt a method above, ie. remove inner guard, and see if that allows enough access.

Tried doing it from the top (no dis-assy), found it to be impossible with my big stupid hands!..lol.

If anyone has any helpful comments to further this? Hopefully it won't be a pain in the ass..

..............all for a dang parking lamp!

Cheers.

ss.

I'm in the exact same situation as topic starter. Wanna replace parker with white LEDs but it seems like it's not quite straight forward.

I read the manual and the instructions say remove the front fender to get to it. But in order to do that I have to remove the wheel first damn it..

I'm in the exact same situation as topic starter. Wanna replace parker with white LEDs but it seems like it's not quite straight forward.

I read the manual and the instructions say remove the front fender to get to it. But in order to do that I have to remove the wheel first damn it..

the front fender 'under-liner' only...I'd have thought?

Anyways, whether it's leds or the original lamp, I reckon installation would be the same.

Hope we can find an easy peasy way?

yeah..lol...I hear ya...

I mean, after doing door locks, window mech, clutch master/slave cylinder, fixing the stupid warm idle stall issue....now this, a shitty $2 consumeable lamp part, I'm farkin over it. (don't mind my whining..)

But then again, it is winter, and I don't know about you, but winter = no motivation for me.

errr..rock-on.

lol you had the warm start engine stall issue too? happened to me when I drove it home from the dealer. it was found out later the problem was caused by carbon build up on the throttle body. Fortunately the dealer took care of it.

winter = no motivation. same here...

Unfortunately there are only 2 ways of doing it, pull the headlamp out or remove the wheel and inner guard, I chose the latter to reinstate my HID's and change the high beam globes and parkers.

Unfortunately there are only 2 ways of doing it, pull the headlamp out or remove the wheel and inner guard, I chose the latter to reinstate my HID's and change the high beam globes and parkers.

hey PV, sounds cool...

Is the access really that good to the entire Headlamp rear section, with the inner guard off?

Sounds like it should be.

I don't know what type of fasteners are utilised on the inner guard off the top of my head; so what tool is required to 'do' those fasteners....anything special? Will I need new ones as they may be prone to cracking on dis-assy?...you know what I mean....your further advice?

Cheers!

hey PV, sounds cool...

Is the access really that good to the entire Headlamp rear section, with the inner guard off?

Sounds like it should be.

I don't know what type of fasteners are utilised on the inner guard off the top of my head; so what tool is required to 'do' those fasteners....anything special? Will I need new ones as they may be prone to cracking on dis-assy?...you know what I mean....your further advice?

Cheers!

The access is that good as it is the inner guard that restricts you from doing anything from the top.

As for the clips I believe that there is one or two phillips head screws securing the inner guard to the front bar and the rest should be the little press clips, small flat blade to pop them out and Nissan do stock them, just be gentle when removing, once done you can access the back of the headlamp with ease.

post-54773-1281402074_thumb.jpg

This is a pic of my left hand side displaying my beautiful Nismo US spec cold air induction and you can see at the top is the back of the headlamp assy.

PV...you and the other great posters above are showing us all how great the 'community spirit' can be here....more power to you!

That pic is better than a thousand words...a big thankyou sir!...I'll be attacking this project on the w/end!

Good luck with your quest.

The project is quite simple, just time consuming as you will see when you do the job yourself, just take your time and all will be good.

I will be upgrading my exhaust at the start of next month, extractors and Stillen true dual cat back sytem, will post pics and handy info when done.

sounds good!

When you're finished mods please also post up, if possible, some performance differentials to show us what is 'now' and what 'will be' when more-modded.!!!!...

Maybe PM me when you get results, as I rarely come on nowadays!

and in all the farkin excitement of getting some real help, I've ommited to ask..... :)

the globe type/wattage ;)

LOL. :)

High beam is your standard run of the mill H4 globe 55/60w

The parker/marker globe is I belive the standard T10 wedge globe.

If you but a nice set of Phillips globes from say Autobahn, you will get the H4's and the parker globes to suit in one neat little package.