SAU Community

Super-spotted Thread

Jamezilla

Today's fun and games!!!

dear god guys tell me you got to drive that thing! terrible colour but I'm still sooo jealous its physically painful! :laugh:

I am posting a group buy hitman to take out james and jarrod and any other people who get to drive cars I can't afford to breathe on... who is with me?... I reckon if we get enough people we might be able to get chopper to do it for us... ready for the blow torch and pliers guys? :O:)

lol, the MCLF1 in Melbourne is parked in my parents appartment block each night, the owner is a top guy. He has had some other awsome collectable cars over the years..

512TR

Diablo

Turbo S's & GT2 RS

Continental R

i nearly crashed the other day; due to laughing so hard.. this is what i saw....

was driving along stud rd about 3pm the other day, driving along, went over ferntree gully road and kept crusing.. about 50 metres up the road, near a little pesdestrian bridge, i seen some kids moving around.. looked as if they were fighting.. i got closer, but to my amazement, it was something completey different...

these kids were about 12 years old, and shuffling!! they were normal kids, one black, the other two white, in normal clothes.. shuffling! shit you not, they were dancing with each other, getting close and jiggy with it.. i laughed so damn hard.. they were trying to do the running man :) hahahahaha :laugh:

lol, the MCLF1 in Melbourne is parked in my parents appartment block each night, the owner is a top guy. He has had some other awsome collectable cars over the years..

512TR

Diablo

Turbo S's & GT2 RS

Continental R

Mclaren F1.... Dammmmm

1) Glad he enjoys it and makes use of it

and

2) What drugs do I need to sell / grow / make to be able to afford a garage like that :P

lol, thats an odd supercar spotting.....

haha.. excatly what I was thinking! :whistling:

Anyway, back on topic... I stole this from another forum, but I though I'd share it with you guys cos its like... interesting and stuff. It's about that McLaren F1 that was mentioned before:

This car is believed to be chassis #009, and is reportedly owned by Tony Raftis (who is/was the owner of Prancing Horse Racing i've heard). Its former owner was believed to be Dean Wills, former CEO of Coca Cola Amatil. Yes, #009 was the F1 was that crashed by a BMW Service tech in Sydney. The car was sent to Stowe Smash Repair before being flown back to Woking in the UK. It was repaired and returned to Dean, and is now probably owned by Tony Raftis. And it certainly is street registerable...

There are rumors that there is a White F1 in Australia, but it's never been seen or photographed or had its ownership determined. There were only 2 White factory F1's built and 1 has been spotted in Japan. The other remains unknown.

The actual numbers built were 7 Prototypes, 64 road cars, 28 GTR's (some of which have now been road registered), 5 LM's, 2 GT's and 1 spare car owned by McLaren Cars. A total of 107. There's probably less than 100 still in existence after the official crash test, and "unplanned" crash tests.

Here's some more pics as well:

IMG_7916m.jpg

d05u09155ll.jpg

d05u09144tk.jpg

CA458D03m.jpg

512TR

Diablo

Turbo S's & GT2 RS

Continental R

I saw this guy at the carwash on thursday, is it a red Bently Arnarge that he owns? The carwash guys informed me that he owns a mclaren F1.

Im told by people that there is only the 1 in aus, and by others that there is 2 or 3...

there was 2 or 3 F1s in aus, but i have no idea about now. My friends father was one of the guys who serviced them in sydney back in the mid 90s. I once got a little ride around the block in one, but I wish I had been nicer to the guy as his father took him and 1 friend on a big drive to deliver it somewhere. sadly I wasn't that 1 friend...

This is a genuine SP, awesome car!

Glenn Ridge is on a 5yr contract with Yokohama tyres and Traction Tyres is exclusive distributor of Yokohama's

Imagine getting free tyres for 5 years haha

Spotted a Mercedes CLS63 AMG parked in brisbane tonight. For a $255,000 car, it looks positively pedestrian. Sure you get 378kw, and 0-100 in 4.5 sec, but it comes with undersized and average looking 18inch wheels!

I'd rather spend that kind of money on a V8 Vantage if I was after a luxury GT!