SAU Community

GTS25T or not GTS25T thats the question?

Guest SlipSwitch

Guest SlipSwitch

I am currently looking at a r33 to buy and im not too sure about a cpl of things. Ive looked up alot of info and so far all its done is confuse me more. for starters the ad for the car says "Nissan Skyline GTS-T 1993" but when i looked up the skyline website it said that r33's didnt come out till 94, and since the ad says "GTS-T" i looked on meggala.com and it doesnt have just a gts-t only the gts-25t. Is this the same engine? As you can see im in need of help please, if anybody would like to go to gassportscars.com and have a quick look for me please as i live 3oook's away from brisbane i cant look in person.

The car is No. 51 on the gassportscars.com website in the cars 4 sale section. Thanks

The R33's did come out in 1993... I know as I have one!

The GTS25-t was a 2.5ltr Turbo (2.5ltr in R33), whereas the GTSt was a 2.0ltr in the R32.

For all intensive purposes an R33 GTSt is the same as a GTS25-t!

The only thing I can't make sense of on the web-site is where is says DISPLACEMENT:4... WTF?

It does appear to be a Series 1 R33 GTS25-t (series 1 body-kit, and 2.5ltr Turbo as has 5 bolts on wheel/brake/axle), but it would be best to have a look at the car first/arrange for another garage to have a look at it before purchase!

hope this helps,

That's an R33 GTS-T (aka GTS25T).

I believe R33's started in 1993... And chances are that R32's finished in 1993 also. My mate has a '93 skyline, and it's certainly an r33.

Anyway, I'm not in brisbane, so I can't look at it :-)

Both R32 and R33 GTS(25)t's were produced in 1993... the R32 GTR and Vspec were produced up to 1994, the R33 GTRs started in 1995.

R33 Series I/Series II change was around 1995/1996 and R34 introduced in 1999!

Hope this helps

Originally posted by phorj

For all intensive purposes an R33 GTSt is the same as a GTS25-t!

I just have to ask - What's an intensive purpose? :P

many people just refer to the R33 GTS25t as an R33 GTS-t, they did begin production in late 93 though, not 94. That car would be a GTS25t. Where it says Displacement:4 on the site, that must be a mistake.

Guest SlipSwitch

Thanks people for all your info, your all bloody awesome. As for the displacement ill talk to the guy again.

Thanks again everyone

there were R32 GTS25t's produced but autech had a hand in them.

Also R32 GTR's were produced in Heisei 6 which is 1994, and a batch of 500 produced in Heisei 7 I think, which is 1995. These 500 were collector editions sold by nismo, all of which are uber expensive and very rare.

R33's started production in 1993 and there was an overlap.