SAU Community

Passenger Window Not Closing

Hi V35 people,

Great to see an australian v35 forum.

I was planning to pick up a v35 tomorrow and had an inspection report done by state roads. They rekon that the passenger window is not working properly as it goes back down a bit after hitting the top. The owner rekons this is normal.

:)

Is this normal ppl?

Yes this is normal, its a safety/security feature on a lot of new jap and most european luxury cars which ensures that the window is sealed.. State roads don't know what they are talking about. Congrats on the purchase :)

Hi V35 people,

Great to see an australian v35 forum.

I was planning to pick up a v35 tomorrow and had an inspection report done by state roads. They rekon that the passenger window is not working properly as it goes back down a bit after hitting the top. The owner rekons this is normal.

:(

Is this normal ppl?

hi you mean all 3 passenger window?

and are you located in sydney? would that be a white V35? haha the reason i ask was i went to see a white V35 the other day and owner says someone gonna come around and do an inspection the next day.

cheers.

Will.

Yes this is normal, its a safety/security feature on a lot of new jap and most european luxury cars which ensures that the window is sealed.. State roads don't know what they are talking about. Congrats on the purchase :huh:

Both passenger and driver's windows should drop a little when opened and raise up to seal below the turret moulding when closed; otherwise the glass hits the moulding when you close the door. As I have mentioned i have been having trouble with my driver's door power window and when it was stuck up it was difficult to close the door because the glass hit.

Got it fixed today (hopefully!!) and they think it was the module (or relay I think) driving the motor.

Also found out about the fuel door because I checked a few cars while there; as mentioned before when the car is locked so is the fuel door; when the car is unlocked the fuel door is pressed to open. Some of the cars I checked, the fuel door sprung open when I held the open button on the key - weird!

Both passenger and driver's windows should drop a little when opened and raise up to seal below the turret moulding when closed; otherwise the glass hits the moulding when you close the door. As I have mentioned i have been having trouble with my driver's door power window and when it was stuck up it was difficult to close the door because the glass hit.

Got it fixed today (hopefully!!) and they think it was the module (or relay I think) driving the motor.

Also found out about the fuel door because I checked a few cars while there; as mentioned before when the car is locked so is the fuel door; when the car is unlocked the fuel door is pressed to open. Some of the cars I checked, the fuel door sprung open when I held the open button on the key - weird!

johnr,

where did you get it fixed at and at wat price. cheers.

johnr,

where did you get it fixed at and at wat price. cheers.

It was done under warranty so I don't know what it cost; done by E&M Unique Motors, 21 Parramatta Rd, Fivedock Phone 02 9799 9333. See the owner Michael who is honest, helpful and courteous