SAU Community

Crunching Noise

Im getting this crunching noise when i start the car up in the morning and it initially happens a couple of second after the engine kicks over.

It only happens in the morining, but not always only ocassionally and sometimes you can barely heart it and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. When the engine is started when warm it doesn't happen at all.

Any suggestions

maybe your oil is a bit low, i was getting a knock upon cold morning start ups, checked the oil and noticed it was extremely low (below the empty mark lol). i just topped it up and all is good

Nah mate that ABS test only occurs when the car is moving not when it is in park.

Sorry mate, I misunderstanding," i start the car up in " mean start the engine? Am I right?

I thing maybe the engine oil system problem?

Just guess, I am not very good at that.

Could u possibly try get a sound clip, or if possibly get someone to start ur car tomorrow morning while u have your head under the bonnet for a better indication of where its coming from?

Its alright guys i realised that it was the garage door LOL sounds stupid.

My garage it pretty much air tight and the garage door is aluminium, so when the door of the car is closed the garage door vibrates. When the car is started the exhaust blows out pressure onto the door.

All good but thankyou anyway for your replys.