SAU Community

How Do You Do A Burnout?

Fujiwara

Hopw the hell do you do it?

I don't care if youc all me a noob etc, but i don't know.

I'm not talking about leaving 11's on the ashphalt.

I'm talking about how you keep the rear wheels spinning whilst stationary.

Thanks.

OK, so basically...

On the strip, depending on whether your car is auto or manual...

Auto - One foor firm on the break and then other on the accelerator (try not to rev car above 4000rpm)

Manual - Dump Clutch to get wheels spinning, then begin to apply the break

On the street - Drive like a normal road user!!! save tyre shreading for the track....

none of this hoon behaviour shit as it gives Skylines a bad name!

Another way you can do it is hold the brake on with ur right foot then use your heel of your right foot to work the accelerator. Have the car in like first gear and hold some revs with your right heel then let the clutch out reasonably quick.

Use more or less brake with your right foot so that you hold the car still but not so much brake that you stall the motor.

Yeah but as above you are best keeping that to the track.

Na you dont use handbrake. Your skyline is RWD unless a GTR so you only want the front brake on to hold the car still. There is a thing you can buy called a line locker which connects up with the brake lines to stop pressure getting to the rear brakes so when u put you foot on the brake only the front brakes will work.

This is however not legal on street cars.

Ideally you want no braking on the back wheels so that you can do stoppies easyier.

the easiest way is the heel/toe trick.

just keep it at about 5000rpm. if you are running streety tyres there is no need to do a big smoke burnout. just enough to get the water off is all. if you are running slicks then you need to get heat into them so a bigger burnout is better. that is where changing into second helps. you get the tyres spinning faster which creates more heat.

the handbrake only works the rear wheels so there is no point using it for the burnout. you can use it to load the motor up on the start line though if you are in a manual.

i wouldn't try starting in second unless you have a good clutch or crap tyres.

well thats what i did for several minutes on a skid pan and looked back over the vidoe and it sounded like a noob who was just burrying the pedal...

at the drags u dont want to be bouncing off the limiter......its got noob written all over it......i know cause i used to do it....

OK, so basically...

On the strip, depending on whether your car is auto or manual...

Auto - One foor firm on the break and then other on the accelerator (try not to rev car above 4000rpm)

Manual - Dump Clutch to get wheels spinning, then begin to apply the break

On the street - Drive like a normal road user!!! save tyre shreading for the track....

none of this hoon behaviour shit as it gives Skylines a bad name!

Thanks mate.

And i don't do it on the street.

To be honest, i need to learn how to drive the car before i even start trying to act like i know how to drive.

The reference up there was just so you guys know what i meant :laughing-smiley-014:

Now i can afford it, i'll stick to the tracks and skidpans to be a HOON :)

dump 2nd gear, hit the brakes sit on 7,000rpm and shoot flames :).. thats if i do one that is :P

or if u wana look cool dump 1st play with it a bit, hit 2nd and limo for around 50m :D

www.youtube.com/lthlrb

Edited by LTHLRB

If you are in the wetbox its quite easy. No need to dump the clutch then reach for the brake pedal. Just heel and toe your loud and brake pedal, Lightly on the brake is all you need, second gear, a enough revs to be around boost and slip the clutch. If your diff works well you wont go left or right so concentrate primarily on your tacho. Just float the revs below the limiter till you feel the tyres start to bite. You are now good to go.

Dont snap your foot off the throttle, ease it off whilst taking your foot from the brake. Easier on the car that way.