SAU Community

Another Bov ?

well ive been looking into getting a bov and was looking at the greddy ones. will they fit to the stock pipe where the bov is now. if not what do i need to make it fit. also where could i put it and replace the pipe thats on there now. and the black rubber pipe thats going into that silver pipe what is that. if i want to replace that silver pipe for a polished pipe do i need to still have that rubber pipe if i move the bov to another location? hope thats not to confusing.

engine2.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greddy ones will fit in the stock location, you'll need to tap two holes

As with the backfiring and stalling, if you tighten it up enough, reset the ECU and drive it for a bit you should be fine, but even then, once in a while it can stall

Also in some states in Australia it is illegal, here in NZ it's fine, but they sound pretty wanktastic so why bother, unless you are running a lot of HP and an ECU that can adjust the fuel mixture so the engine leans out when changing gear to accomodate the air rushing out of the BOV and not returning into the intake

Just add a POD filter, it'll give you the same kind of noise

i recently put an atmo bov on my crossover... car was running pretty crappy, but i went round and tightened and changed my hoses and runs well, but as R31nismoid could make it run poorly, backfire or stall, but if thats the case its a matter of adjusting your driving style to suit...

as skybarge said you can get a pod filter and block up where the bov goes... i at one stage had my bov disabled and with the HKS pod i had a mad flutter sound and loud too... but some people may tell u it can harm your turbo as the flutter sound is air getting pushed back into the turbo and getting cut up...

If anyone hasn't mentioned it already, the HKS SSQ fits in the stock location also, and sounds awesome. Has plenty of adjustment in it as well, but is an ATMO BOV.

You can also tighten it right up and get some dose happening :laugh:

Thanks,

Abu

sorry to hijack, i didnt think you could adjust the ssqv's? either way going atmo on mine the car would randomly stall(sometimes going around corners at 8o ks, very scary) but eventually the ecu worked it out and i havent had any trouble for months

sorry to hijack, i didnt think you could adjust the ssqv's? either way going atmo on mine the car would randomly stall(sometimes going around corners at 8o ks, very scary) but eventually the ecu worked it out and i havent had any trouble for months

Yep.

The SSQ have a screw at the top which is the adjustment screw.

If you wind that screw in it will open on higher boost/high RPM as it requires more pressure, and if you wind that screw out that will release the tension on the BOV and it will open up on a lower boost/RPM.

Its more like a bolt rather than a screw, and it has a little nut on it in-between the head of the bolt and the surface of the BOV.

Hope that helps :laugh:

Thanks,

Abu

All I know is that as your dumping the air that the AFM has already measured the ECU will crap itself regardless of the tightness of the spring. The only BOV which i have seen that tries to combat this AFM problem is the GFB Stealth where you can adjust how much air is vented to atmo and how much is plumbed back. But.... you are still dumping air the AFM has measured hence the ecu will compensate by overfuelling so causing stalls,backfires etc. Ive heard of people purchasing Fuel piggyback computers like the Apexi SAFC. If you want the noise then go for a pod but then u'll encounter another list of dilemnas.

Thanks for the info guys, i am currently having my GTS converted to rb25det and was wondering about the problems with BOV's good thread with good information, i was thinking about going to GFB stealth because of its adjustability, I will be running:

rb25DET

After market Hybrid FMIC with alloy piping, Apexi Air Pod, Apexi Full auto timer for NA and Turbo.

Recommendations?

rofl, another BOV thread.

Stock one:

Car won't stall

Car won't backfire

Cops won't defect you

You'll drive around and sound normal

After Market Vent to the atmosphere, whooshspinning twirly hurricane attention attracting one:

Cops will defect you

Cops will go harder on "jap" cars because you're another person with a big loud whoosh, trying to be a dickhead

Car will stall

Car will backfire

Car will blow flames, cops will defect you

Chicks will hear it, get instantly wet, and come running at your car wanting sex

Everyone around you will immediately think your cool and want to be your friend

You'll foul your spark plugs

plumb back is the best recommendation for everyone, atmo bov's and blocked bov's get annoying after a while and like everyone said theres not much benefits to them

i understand if you have a SR20 its a bit harder to make a return pipe for the bov, but for the skylines i think its easier to remake one cos the standard return pipe is like a pea shooter that bends and turns 100 times

Just use the fkn stock one! There is nothing wrong with itttt!!! :)

omg bro dat's so true uleh! Jus like ma cousin habib's vl. Da chick's luv it fully hectik uleh.

Thats weird... because your cousins VL shouldnt have a BOV. :D

Thanks,

Abu

rofl, another BOV thread.

Stock one:

Car won't stall

Car won't backfire

Cops won't defect you

You'll drive around and sound normal

After Market Vent to the atmosphere, whooshspinning twirly hurricane attention attracting one:

Cops will defect you

Cops will go harder on "jap" cars because you're another person with a big loud whoosh, trying to be a dickhead

Car will stall

Car will backfire

Car will blow flames, cops will defect you

Chicks will hear it, get instantly wet, and come running at your car wanting sex

Everyone around you will immediately think your cool and want to be your friend

You'll foul your spark plugs

have u got proof backing up all those claims????

cops WILL defect you regardless of stock bov if they wanted to, when i had a atmo bov i did not have problems stalling, or shooting flames, or being defected.

if ur gonna be a dickhead shooting your BOV every gear down every street passing every person, expect to get it.

but if ur smart about it (not making the bov crome so it stands out in the engine baY) and driving normally. its fine